Special food Requests at dinner

DPk400

I have a few questions regarding special food requests. I haven't cruised in over 10 years so I don't remember what is acceptable. I don't want to ask for something that is not even possible.

1. What kind of requests do they take? For instance, if I want mashed potatoes and don't see them on the menu, will they typically be able to make some for me?

2. If I want a meal I ate earlier in week, can I request this? Do I need to make this request ahead of time?

3. If I need to make a request ahead of time, how do I do that if I have anytime dining and I don't have a set waiter and I don't know when I'll be dining the next day? Who do I make the request to?

4. What kind of special (non-dietary) requests have you made in the past?

I have a few questions regarding special food requests. I haven't cruised in over 10 years so I don't remember what is acceptable. I don't want to ask for something that is not even possible.

1. What kind of requests do they take? For instance, if I want mashed potatoes and don't see them on the menu, will they typically be able to make some for me?

2. If I want a meal I ate earlier in week, can I request this? Do I need to make this request ahead of time?

3. If I need to make a request ahead of time, how do I do that if I have anytime dining and I don't have a set waiter and I don't know when I'll be dining the next day? Who do I make the request to? Make a note of the Table Captain or Maitre d' you spoke to.

4. What kind of special (non-dietary) requests have you made in the past?

1. If you order steak, for instance, and it comes with Lyonnaise potatoes and you want mashed or fried, just ask for it.

2. If you want an entree or appetizer you had earlier in the week, tell your waitstaff who will have the Table Captain or Maitre d' come and talk to you. He can tell you whether it's possible to get that item the next night. They need 24-hour notice.

3. It doesn't matter whether you're in Traditional or Anytime. Tell your waitstaff who will have the Table Captain or Maitre d' come and talk to you.

4. We've requested short ribs, coconut crusted shrimp appetizer, onion soup, Chef's salad, Cobb salad, chocolate souffle, escargots, and quite a few other things over the years and different cruises. One night, we requested the coconut crusted shrimp and dinner-sized Chef's salad for our dinner. That's all we wanted. :) It was sooooo good!

On CCL my husband was able to order a flat iron steak in the MDR when the evening's selection did not interest him...which turned out to be almost every night since he is your basic meat and potatoes kind of guy.

Does Princess offer the same option?

On CCL my husband was able to order a flat iron steak in the MDR when the evening's selection did not interest him...which turned out to be almost every night since he is your basic meat and potatoes kind of guy.

Does Princess offer the same option?

There is a sirloin steak on the menu every night

On the left side of the Princess menu are items that are available every night. They include shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, sirloin steak, salmon and chicken. The right side has the items for that evening.
The last several Princess cruises I've taken, they had tenderloin, not sirloin, steak. I know, picky, picky. :)

The last several Princess cruises I've taken, they had tenderloin, not sirloin, steak. I know, picky, picky. :)

:D...and really, I meant to type "strip loin"...in any event, there is steak every night for those that want it. Seem to recall tenderloin recently, as you say.

If the menu doesn't seem to have something that sounds appetizing, or you're tired of fish, seafood, or beef, the chicken tenders on the children's menu are very good :D I haven't had the spaghetti w/meatballs (also on kid's menu) but hear that adults like it, too.

Archived