Lunch from Room Service

noah53

I understand that you phone for room service for everything except breakfast, how long before you want to eat should you order it or do you give a specified time?

Everytime I have used RS the wait has never been more than 15 minutes, including calling when I wake up in the morning

I understand that you phone for room service for everything except breakfast, how long before you want to eat should you order it or do you give a specified time?

Late nights can mean 45 minutes to an hour wait but it's always worth the wait. :)

We use room service on sea days and host a party on our balcony. Usually depends on the time of day, but our usual wait is 15-20 minutes. We have everyone bring something from room service to share, and make it BYOB too.

Formal%252520night%252520155.JPG

Last year on the Liberty it took 40 minutes to an hour every day no matter what time I called. I was so aggravated one day I called Guest Services and complained. It was around 12pm on a port day and I had been waiting an hour and 10 minutes. It never took longer than 20 minutes after that.

In August on the Dream, I ordered a piece of chocolate cake in the afternoon after lunch. I waited over an hour and a half and it didn't come. I finally got tired of waiting (it was a sea day and I was wasting valuable sun!) so I went up to the Serenity.

I ordered from the TV, so I don't know if that was the issue?? I have never ordered room service before (except breakfast from the card) so I wasn't sure how long it was supposed to take.

Maggie

We use room service on sea days and host a party on our balcony. Usually depends on the time of day, but our usual wait is 15-20 minutes. We have everyone bring something from room service to share, and make it BYOB too.

Looks like an aft-wrap. Jealous!

Sometimes in the afternoon after everyone gets back from excursions it can be a 45 min. wait.

Also interesting note about breakfast RS - I usually hang the card on the door at nite with our order and seriously most of the time they arrive 15 min. before my preferred time. :p

i waited about an hour and a half one night for a sandwich and chips. i figured they had to go chase down the pig/ham and wait for the dough to rise for before baking the bread. it was awful. then it was wrong when it came to me and took forever again to replace my one sandwich, chips and tea.

however, my breakfast (ordered via hanging placard) arrived promptly on time just as ordered.

the menu is limited.

You can phone for breakfast too. However, for breakfast you have the option to pre-order and hang the order on your door (the outside of the door, please) before you go to bed. Then they deliver when you want, and usually they call before they arrive, if it is early.

Be aware that during peak times, like when everyone is coming back from shore excursions, the wait for room service can get long. Normally, it is pretty quick.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great idea!! Looks like great family/friend time!!

Archived