Upcoming carnival loyalty program

1948buddy

Carnival has somewhat announced it's new loyalty program based on points..They will not tell me much, but we have been on 8 and have 2 booked, the second being the one to take us to platinum level. The new program is supposed to start mid 2012. I am trying to find out if we might be grandfathered to platinum . Any thoughts or news would be appreciated. I have attempted to attach an image of the new sign and sail cards, with required point levels. Just click on the image to enlarge.

CCLfunfleet.jpg.dbf0a3cde8aa54d44d3c0722b26526e6.jpg

Carnival has somewhat announced it's new loyalty program based on points..They will not tell me much, but we have been on 8 and have 2 booked, the second being the one to take us to platinum level. The new program is supposed to start mid 2012. I am trying to find out if we might be grandfathered to platinum . Any thoughts or news would be appreciated. I have attempted to attach an image of the new sign and sail cards, with required point levels. Just click on the image to enlarge.

That looks like a page from the survey I received back in September of last year...

Graphic3php.jpg

The first page of the survey described the new loyalty program being based on sea days as opposed to the current system of cruises...

:)

That looks like a page from the survey I received back in September of last year...

Graphic3php.jpg

The first page of the survey described the new loyalty program being based on sea days as opposed to the current system of cruises...

Do you think one of the perks for 2nd level might include VIP check in , as it will take several cruises to get there instead of one , like before?

Do you think one of the perks for 2nd level might include VIP check in , as it will take several cruises to get there instead of one , like before?

I'm bettin' not. I'd expect the VIP check in to appear with the third level.

I can tell you that the ports likely couldn't handle the load if VIP check in started at 25 sea days, as depicted for the second level in these images. 25 sea days can be reached in three cruises... way short of the current 10 required for VIP...

I am in the same boat (or ship) as you. We cruise on #9 in 13 days, and booked #10 on the Dream 5 months ago for September. We did not do any 3-4 day cruises only 5-7 day.

I understand the new proposed policy, but sucks to get this close just to have them say too bad, you met our rules, but we are now changing them LOL...

Anyhoo, we will still have fun either way...

Graphic3php.jpg

I hope this is the names of the new loyalty catagories - I have cruised on all these ships.:D

I am not sure what to think of this? I am wondering if the numbers are 1 - 1 cruise? That would suck! I sure hope they base it on days then I would be much better off! If the program is not changing until mid year I wonder if you can still meet the 10 cruises before then and get the credit? Just wondering!

Sarita-SC

I am not sure what to think of this? I am wondering if the numbers are 1 - 1 cruise? That would suck! I sure hope they base it on days then I would be much better off! If the program is not changing until mid year I wonder if you can still meet the 10 cruises before then and get the credit? Just wondering!

Sarita-SC

As I mentioned, according to the survey I received the new program is based on days at sea... not number of cruises...

Also, I've not seen anything referencing double count for days booked in a suite...

We can speculate till the cows come home but with Carnival pushing this back and back might be next year before the changes come.

Thanks for common man vernacular..and yes..after the accident..they just may "hold their horses"..which means what; I have to take 9, 3 or more day cruises back to back quick LOL..I kid I kid..Sarah:p:)

So if you are already a Platium member, where do you fall out on this new 4 tier system?

This might help... from Canrival:

For your information, sometime in mid-2012, we will roll out a new Past Guest Recognition Program. Even though we do not have details to share at this time, current Platinum and Milestone guests will be grandfathered into the new corresponding levels.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/PastGuestRecProgram.htm

I would expect that for current Platinum Guests that would correspond to the third level.

Wow with those figures our next cruise would be number 8 ,5 of them being 7 day cruises 2 -5 day 1- 4 day , we would have to go to 13 cruises to get to the third tier. :(

That's part of the problem with having # of days as compared to # of cruises. As of right now it is 10 cruises no matter the length. But when it changes to days then it will take most people more than 10 cruises.

The people who mainly took 7 day cruises were the ones complaining it wasn't fair that people could get to Platinum by going on shorter cruises while they could only go on longer ones because of vacation time or where they lived (not near a port).

I can just see it now if the tiers are broken down how they are shown as they were on the survey, those same people will now have to take more cruises to reach Platinum. Then they will complain about how it isn't fair 'we were only 1 cruise away to reach Platinum and now we need another cruise. No fair Carnival'.:rolleyes:

I know people will be grandfathered into the new Platinum level if they are already Platinum, but it will be interesting to see how Carnival calculates the days for everyone.

I am in the same boat (or ship) as you. We cruise on #9 in 13 days, and booked #10 on the Dream 5 months ago for September. We did not do any 3-4 day cruises only 5-7 day.

quote]

This is a question from John Heald's blog and his answer.

Gene Brown asked:

Just a quick question, while on the Carnival Magic’s last 12-day cruise we were told by a VIP guests about the upcoming changes. We have been trying hard to reach 10 cruises and have our 7th booked in Feb. We didn’t understand the misleading info when we started cruising about sister companies and did one on Princess. Or the February cruise would have been eight for us. Any way back to what we were told was that after the first of the year it would take 150 days instead of 10 cruises to reach Platinum. Being so close to 10 and trying to do at least one cruise each year it will take us many years instead of us trying to get it by 2013. Unlike most of your requests I am not asking for everything on board to be reduced by 25% or to have chairs saved for every event or ask that my luggage be delivered to the room right after the captains like most people seem to think they are entitled to.

Just would like to be able to reach Platinum the way I started. Our Feb cruise will be our first that has not been at least seven days. I guess we could have booked a bunch of three days and made it sooner but we enjoy our seven-day cruises and feel that Platinum is just a little bonus for what we love and not something Carnival owes us. Thanks for your time. Sorry we missed you on the Carnival Magic, James was good but I wanted to see you in the purple dress! Just kidding.

John says:

Hello Gene Brown,

I am so sorry I could not be with you on the cruise although I hate that purple dress. I am hoping that you read this so I can tell you that when the new loyalty program does eventually come out that those who are close to one of the current two high levels of Platinum and Milestone will not be punished and will have their levels grandfathered in. I see from what you have told me that you will have nothing to be concerned about. Your loyalty is very important to us and I will hope to be able to tell you more about the program soon. Thanks for the kind words and hope to see you onboard one day soon.

Best wishes.

John

All in good time folks. We will find out.

I am like some now. We may or may not see it this year. If anything the Costa thing may speed it up as im sure it will not be more expensive for CCL in the end. It may help offset some of the loss of the Concordia.:confused:

I like others am one of the ones that took a quick cruise to guarantee Platinum status (well one reason to) over a year ago when it was rumored the program would change.

Archived