Upcoming carnival loyalty program

1948buddy

I am 100% for that!

I will be 8 cruises at 52 days so, it means I will have to have 11 if I stick to 7 day cruises, more with shorter cruises. I don't really care what the others got (4 days vs 7); life is too short to worry about others perks! I was really close when RCL re-did their's last year so now need another one on their's also. But, RCL was all short cruises! (I think they gave us 1 extra pt to be nice - anyway ended up with .5 away from next level). I am sure Carnival looked at everything the other's did!

Guess that what I get for mixing cruise lines! :eek:

Yeah, we have 22 with RCCL , sailing in March, will give us 29, one short

Wow with those figures our next cruise would be number 8 ,5 of them being 7 day cruises 2 -5 day 1- 4 day , we would have to go to 13 cruises to get to the third tier. :(

The third level is 75 your points so far would be ((5 x 7 days = 35) + ( 2 x 5 days = 10) + (1 x 4 days)) = 49 Therefore 75 - 49 = 26 points ( or days ) till level 3 or 3 @ 7 day plus 1 5 day so you're closer than you think!

Ken

it's really not the end of the world if they do it right converting number of cruises to number of sea days. Royal caribbean did this type of change last year and how they converted number of cruise credits (number of sailings prior to the cut off date) to number of cruise points was really fair for everyone that was close to the next level. Under the old system most sailing got 1 point, another point if it was 12 days or longer and another if you sailed in a jr suite or higher. There was a really weird equation royal caribbean used but every cruise credit was worth at least 7 points. It didn't really matter if all your cruises were 3 nights or 7 nights... Regardless the end result was if your 1 cruise away from the next level, you ended up 1 or 2 cruises away from the next level. So i really hope carnival followed royal caribbean's lead instead of going back and looking at how many days you actually sail.

i agree rccl did it really fairly

I think it's pretty obvious that tier 3 will be the new Platinum and that those perks will most likely remain the same.

What I'm interested in (and have seen NO information on) is the new 2nd level at 25-74 days and what perks might be included in that. Mainly because I just hit 25 days but will be at 32 in a couple months. Has anyone seen or heard anything about the potential perks in this new level?

That is what I am interested in...As we have about 50 pts now, and are in 2nd level, and it will take several cruises to attain 2nd level, I hope they will add some perks to it, like VIP check in..

• 1 month later...

For us, the new change is actually better. Under the current program, Nothing happens between the second cruise and the 10th. This means that after our Breeze Cruise in November, I would still have to take 5 more cruises before I rank up.

Under the new plan, I will achieve a new level right after the Breeze Cruise.

Yeah!! This makes more sense. there should be some additional benefit somewhere around the 5th cruise and getting nothing until after 10 doesnt give a person much to look forward to.

Just my 2Cents.

No matter what Carnival does and whenever they implement the new program, some people are going to be pissed off. That's the problem - you can't make everyone happy. We all just need to realize that the reason we cruise is because we like this type of vacation experience. If we get some perks along the way, those should be viewed as exactly what they are - "perks". I don't understand people who are getting so upset over the new program they are threatening to not cruise with Carnival again. Really? Did you start cruising with Carnival just with the goal in mind to become Platinum or because you enjoyed cruising? All of the cruise lines have loyalty programs and they are all different. With the state of the world today and the economy in the toilet, we should all remember that we are lucky that Carnival cruises are still affordable and that we are fortunate to still be able to save and afford to cruise at all. Just my opinion.

So very true!!:D

For us, the new change is actually better.

Same here. My wife and I only take a Carnival cruise about once a decade, lol, so we haven't been concerned with the loyalty program. (We were on Mardi Gras in 1983, Ecstacy in 1996, and Spirit about 8 years ago.) However, we have a 30-day repositioning cruise (actually a B2B) booked on Splendor for January 2013 that we may extend to 48-days, so changing to a day-based rewards system will definitely help us.

Something similiar happened to us last year with RCL. We took our one and only RCL cruise over 20 years ago, but then took a 30-day cruise last Jan/Feb followed by a transatlantic in October and another transatlantic this coming April in a suite. Consequently, in a little over a year, we will have gone from no status, through Gold, Platinum, Emerald, and now finally Diamond after our next cruise.

I still think it really doesn't matter what level you are now. Since they're going by number of days it doesn't matter how many cruises you've taken. I'm also standing by my opinion that the current Platinum people will be in the second tier and the current Milestone people will be in the third tier. The new fourth tier is a completely new tier. I also think that the perks currently associated with being Platinum will be all changed around. Some may go to the second level with some going to the third tier and lots of new perks for the fourth tier. Some things have already been changed such as combining the petit fours and canapes and giving the strawberries instead. The galley tours have been cancelled and there is no more personalized stationery. Since there are so many Platinum guests currently, I wouldn't be surprised to see the VIP embarkation and free laundry move to a higher level. I would also expect a separate cocktail party for the third and fourth levels instead of the past guest party. Whatever happens happens and it won't affect our sailing on Carnival. The latest news is that this will be announced in the spring. Even if that happens I don't know when it will actually be implemented. I just hope it starts in September.

That is what I am interested in...As we have about 50 pts now, and are in 2nd level, and it will take several cruises to attain 2nd level, I hope they will add some perks to it, like VIP check in..

Looks like your "loyalty" is split. Takes longer to really become "loyal"that way. Ccl/rccl

For the most part, just guessing. Some have some inside information that were included in surveys but even if it was on a survey doesn't mean it is how it is going to be. I does look like it will be a point system but no one knows exactly how all the points are earned. Looks like a point per sea day and I'm personally hoping that there are additional points earned for balcony and suites as I have a suite booked for a 10 day'er and that would help. I personally think it would help carnival as well as then they would give even more incentive to book higher cabin categories.

That said, the current platinum status isn't any big hairy deal as far as I'm concerned. Mind you I don't have it so maybe I just have to experience it to appreciate it. To me, the laundry, VIP boarding for tenders that I've heard mentioned, as well as separate line at the pursers desk are all nice perks. I always get to the port early so I'm not concerned about VIP boarding at the port and you get that anyway if you book a suite (which is the only perk for booking a suite....other than the cabin, of course)

• 2 weeks later...
You know, your right. Carnival should give double points for those of use who have taken solo cruises. We had to pay double, why shouldn't we get double points?

Can you tell I like to fantasize ;)

I'm beginning to believe that those of us that are already booked for our 10th cruise prior to the change, we will qualify for the Platinum. Otherwise why would Carnival submit in writing "Congratulations you are now Platinum" with this cruise booked so far out?[/quote]

We booked our 25th criuse, didn't get a thing about it being our Milestone cruise. Would be Milestone in 7 years to the month....been doing a few cruises! No not any 3 or 4 day ones. ;)

Let's play the waiting game!

Kat

That looks like a page from the survey I received back in September of last year...

Graphic3php.jpg

The first page of the survey described the new loyalty program being based on sea days as opposed to the current system of cruises...

:)

Ok, I understand that noone really knows what the new loyalty program/tier etc is going to be BUT, if I were to base it on the survey that was sent out and the #s under each tier, then I am not a happy cruiser...

In 2 weeks I will be on cruise #21 and 132 days at sea on a Carnival Cruise. Right now this would mean 4 more cruises until I am a Milestone Cruiser... If the above is any indication of what to expect, with the top tier starting at 225 days, then I would need at least 14 more 7 days cruises to meet that level....

If that is true and turns out to be correct, when you compare 4 cruises to 14 cruises to make the "top tier", for me personally, it is not worth striving for it and yes, I would jump ship and start booking other cruise lines. It has nothing to do with hating Carnival, it would be more with the disappointment of thinking that I was soooooooo close and now I would be soooooooooo far....

Archived