Serenade of the Seas, January 21 - 28, 2012 "Live" from....or "Almost Live"....or ??

Great review, Randy! Had fun reading it last night before bed instead of my usual novel. Loved the jerky, thanks for the treat! Hope your trip home was eventful. We'll post a review soon, too, without pictures due pto the amount of work I have to do on my pictures (all shot in raw, need to edit and save in jpeg before they can be used), something with pictures will have to come later.

We ate at Angel's too, our fourth time there. Need I say more? Stayed at Le Consulate, just down the street from Coral Princess precruize, as Coral Princess required a 2 night stay answer came in day before. We've stayed at Le Consulat previously. Small, clean, good price point. Doesn't include a brreakfast, or that nice area to eat in.

We're booked on Adventure next January and already know we're going to have at least one dinner at Buenos Ares, the restaurant right on the corner of Magdalena and Condado. We stopped in there this year with another cruise couple staying at our hotel for late evening drinks. They got some small plates they said were as good as the food they had in Argentina last year.

Thanks for the great review and pictures. I was on the Serenade this past Aug and had a great time. It was fun revisiting the ports with you. Also I loved seeing the churches in St Croix. My sister was with me on the cruise and fell when we where walking about so I didn't make it to the churches. Loved meeting Capt Karin on our bridge tour she was so interesting to talk to and quite funny. Thanks again. Pat

Really enjoyed your posts and had to do a double-take when I saw this picture because I see myself! I'm the one in the pink tank-top and white shorts. My husband and I had a wonderful time on this cruise and I enjoyed re-living every day reading your posts. Can't wait until the next one!

photo-vi.jpg

(Notes posted after our return to Dodge City)

Farewell St. Thomas until we meet again. We enjoy the views of St. Thomas as darkness fell and the lights lit up the hillsides.

photo-vi.jpg[/url]

Yet, we had one more feast to have. Barbara ordered the Tiger Shrimp and I had the Lamb Shank. We both enjoyed the Roasted Garlic Soup. My starter was the Antipasti.

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

Take note of Sachin expertly taking the shells of the shrimp!

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

SO MUCH GARLIC BEFORE A FLIGHT DAY! YIKES!! But it sure was good.

Dessert was the Warm Chocolate Cake.

photo1-vi.jpg

After saying goodbye after dinner, it was time to put the baggage out of the cabin and get a good night of rest for a long travel day.

Thanks again for a wonderful "live from the.." review! Enjoyed it so much and will look forward to your next cruise "live from", if you decide to take all of the time and hard work to post one. When might that be?

Thank you so very much! We are looking at August of 2013 on our New England/Canada and Bermuda B2B...so it will be awhile.

And yes, I will most likely do this again. It is fun and an opportunity pay back those whom I have cruised vicariously through also.

:D

Really enjoyed your posts and had to do a double-take when I saw this picture because I see myself! I'm the one in the pink tank-top and white shorts. My husband and I had a wonderful time on this cruise and I enjoyed re-living every day reading your posts. Can't wait until the next one!

photo-vi.jpg

Well how very cool! Glad you enjoyed reliving! I am also!:)

The last night of sleep was not the best. Mostly, because I have a hard time trusting wakeup calls.

I do know that when I was awake at 3 AM we had not yet docked. At 4 AM when I woke we were docked.

The wakeup call did "officially" come at 5:30 AM for us to make ourselves presentable and do the last minute items into our carry bags.

We went to the main dining room for a delightful last breakfast. I did not take any pictures there. A classic breakfast is a classic breakfast, but it was very good.

Then off one last time for our cabin to gather our carry bags. Off to the main dining room on Deck 5 for our wait to walk off.

Just a moment after 8 AM we were allowed to walk off. It is always bittersweet to hear that "kabing" for the last time. Fortunately, we have a nice cruise on the horizon for 2013. It was a leisurely walk to gather our bags in area 4 and then off to Customs. After a nice welcome there, we were out

We were in the taxi at 8:10 AM and off to the airport. We did the required scan at the ag scanner and got our official sticker. Then a wait to check bags and get our boarding passes and off to security. (For the life of me I cannot understand why people wait until the last minute to "sanitize" themselves to go through security!....oh well, it really was not that long of a wait, just a momentary annoyance that goes along with air travel these days.)

By 9 AM we were sitting in Air Margaritaville having coffee while waiting for our flight to come. It was on time and we left on time for Dallas.

Upon arrival in Dallas, we had a 5 hour layover until our flight to Wichita. We ventured over to Terminal D and ate there. We enjoyed this Bruschetta appetizer and shared a sliced prime rib sandwich with some spiced fries.

photo2-vi.jpg

Our flight to Wichita left on time and by 9:30 we were on our way to the car to stay with Barbara's parents for the evening.

We attended church together with them and then to Village Inn for brunch. WELCOME TO GREASE!

Then for the journey back to Dodge City. The bags were stacked in the guest bedroom for now and we promptly took out KC Strip steaks to grill tonight along with veggies of yellow squash & zucchini, green & red peppers, and portabello mushrooms.

A picture may follow for fun!

Tomorrow, I will try to get the menus for the week posted. I have ship interior pictures that I will post for those interested and then later in the week I plan to scan the compasses and shopping guides for any interested parties.

Thanks again for tuning in and enjoying with us!

Nice job Havana, Randy. It was nice to meet you even though it was a very brief meeting. I see now why I could never find you - it appears that you were quite busy.

Back to reality now!

The other Randy

Nice job Havana, Randy. It was nice to meet you even though it was a very brief meeting. I see now why I could never find you - it appears that you were quite busy.

Back to reality now!

The other Randy

Randy,

As I expect you guys were busy too! Hope you had a good one!:D:D

It was SO VERY SPECIAL to have you snap around at the exit to port when you heard our names!

We hated missing the Official M&M but as the only sea day (which we always enjoy immensely) we did have other stuff going on. I hope it was good as always.

Yup...I had to cook and clean up tonight with Barbara. Where was our waiter??? Oh yeah, he has some HAPPY cruisers to deal with. hehehehe

:)But it is "Home, Sweet Home" Dodge City style comfort food!

Our menu for the evening was KC Strip grilled medium rare (a tad over cooked since I am out of practice cooking for 10 days), grilled squash, pepper, and portabello mushroom.

The libation of the evening was Pilsner Urquell with a Cain lancero pre-grilling and Robert Mondavi Cab Sav for dinner. I forgot the bread is a Focaccia Spinach with Feta and what I like to call..."Get some of that bread stuffed with garlic" kind of bread.

This meal assuaged our angst over no more cruise food til next time!:D

photo6-vi.jpg

Archived