Serenade of the Seas, January 21 - 28, 2012 "Live" from....or "Almost Live"....or ??

Excellent review and great pics! I was on the same cruise and my GF and I just loved it! We also had Sachin and Juan Mata as well for our waiters and they were excellent! Lol!

I wanted to get up early every morning to see the approach to the islands but i was always too tired! :( ha ha! so thanks for those early morning shots that I couldnt get. I also noticed they were starting to do some upgrades to the ship like the carpet around the pool which looked good. We even had a new flatscreen tv in our cabin which was a nice surprise.

Thanks again and happy cruising!

Thank you for the great review and pictures. We will be on the Serenade on April. Will you be posting any day itineraries ? Thanks

Yes, I do plan to do the daily Cruise Compasses. I have to get them out of the suitcase first though. hehehe....been working on the pictures of the ship in between getting back in the saddle at work.

Keep checking back for them.

Thanks for asking and looking.

Thank you SOOOOO much for this awesome review! We're on the countdown for our first cruise on Serenade (or this class of ship) coming up in March.

I do have a somewhat silly question for anyone who's been following this and might know: We're on the alternate itinerary -- we're going to Tortolla, Dominica, etc. Do you think we'll have the same menus on the same nights?

We always go to Portofino on our cruises that have it... and this time our TA threw in a couple of vouchers for dinner for two in a specialty restaurant. I would love to go ahead and pre-book that dinner, but certainly don't want to miss out on our MDR favorites.

Ann

Randy - Did you by chance happen to get a picture of the menu for Portofino? DW and I will be on Serenade in 45 days. We have never been to Portofino and are considering giving it a try. We'd like to see the menu before making our reservations.

Ken,

I really wish that I had. In fact, we kept wanting to get the menu from the MTD podium each night. But carrying the camera, I always said, "Remind me to pick it up on the way out." and I never did get one.

And of course, they were all put up the morning we left Serenade. Sorry about my error on that one!:o

Thank you SOOOOO much for this awesome review! We're on the countdown for our first cruise on Serenade (or this class of ship) coming up in March.

I do have a somewhat silly question for anyone who's been following this and might know: We're on the alternate itinerary -- we're going to Tortolla, Dominica, etc. Do you think we'll have the same menus on the same nights?

We always go to Portofino on our cruises that have it... and this time our TA threw in a couple of vouchers for dinner for two in a specialty restaurant. I would love to go ahead and pre-book that dinner, but certainly don't want to miss out on our MDR favorites.

Ann

Ann,

You may want to check out the Roll Call for the cruise we were on or the one currently taking place now. I know Goldiemom is on that cruise. Maybe someone will catch it on the Roll Call and be able to post something definitive.

Great Review! I loved the Serenade per my review in my signature below. Thanks for the menus cause on my next cruise on the Freedom, I will be doing Chops one night and Portifino one night, so this will help me decide which nights to go based on the MDR menu. Your pictures brought back so many memories of that cruise except we were on the Barbados route!

Thanks

Ann

We did a B2B with the Tortola itinerary first and then this one with Randy. The menus will be identical. Same menu on the same nights.

Ernie

Archived