Birthdays on Princess

ricok987

What special things can be done on board for birthdays-even though it is after the fact?

My fiancee's birthday is in March but we could not get away on her actual birthday so we are doing this cruise and she is expecting something like a cake at dinner the first night or something.

What really sucks about that is my birthday is actually April 14th-the day before the cruise, but we are to celebrate her birthday onboard!

Anyone ever hear of a double birthday cake-at dinner?

I had cake at dinner and balloons in our cabin on our cruise but I was on the ship on the day of my birthday...

I am not sure how that would work if the birthday is before or after the fact...

You do what I did. My husband's b-day is the day we board, so I entered it on the personalizer as one day later.

I believe they will let you celebrate it within 30 days of the event. So if you want a double, then enter both for that day (they do ask you) and if you each want your own day, then enter different days.

Really it's only a couple of balloons on your door and then a birthday cake (same for anniversaries) and we were too full to eat it anyway! :p

I believe I read on princess that you can celebrate special events like bdays if they fall either 30 days before or 45 days after the sail date. I've celebrated birthdays and graduations on princess even though the actual date was up to 3 months prior to the sail date. They gave me a cake, song and balloons. This next cruise, despite being a few weeks after my birthday, will not be used to celebrate my birthday as the novelty has worn off and I'm kinda depressed over turning 30.

Honestly, even if you dont reserve the special occasion on the princess cruise personalizer you can tell your waiter and they can have a cake for you the following night.

The princess crew goes above and beyond, in my experience. On our 2010 Hawaiian cruise my brother mentioned a craving for pumpkin pie not expecting it at all and showed disappointment that it wasn't on the menu at all the entire cruise. The next night our waiter (waitress?), Ganna, brought out an entire pumpkin pie just for him. He was beside himself with glee. Ganna had asked a chef to make one. Made the entire cruise for him.

They'll let you celebrate any event no matter what it is- graduation, retirement anniversary or birthday. Just let them know & they give you a card to give to the head waiter when entering the dining room. If you don't want the singing also let them know that when you present the card & they just bring the cake.

Its seems more meaningful to me to give a person

a day at the sanctuary

bubbly at dinner

balcony breakfast

specialty restaurant

balcony dinner

spa treatment

flowers in cabin

any or all:)

There is lots you can do, -what the ship provides is fine, but limited.

That special cake is delicious. besides the love boat dream it is my second favorite!

We didn't think it was that great - no cake & much to much thick chocolate icing. There were better selections on the regular menu that night.

Next cruise we're going to ask for any menu dessert with a rose & candle.

Lots of people just left them on the doors when they went home. I guess they didn't thing they were theirs to keep. :p

I wouldn't have thought it was mine to keep, either. It looks too permanent. Now I know, though, should I ever cruise on my birthday.

I wonder if they have one that says "Happy Ph.D."?

I wouldn't have thought it was mine to keep, either. It looks too permanent. Now I know, though, should I ever cruise on my birthday.

I wonder if they have one that says "Happy Ph.D."?

They're applied with double sided sticky tape & printed on a stiff heavy material. There's one for "Happy Birthday" and one for "Happy Anniversary" although they might print a special one for other occasions.

Well, I think that it is odd to be celebrating a bithday when it is not your birthday.

They really don't care either way what you're celebrating. Next cruise I'm celebrating "Kids Going Back to School After Spring Break". :D

Just enter the date you wish to celebrate in the personalizer. It really doesn't matter if it's anywhere near your actual birthday. I plan on celebrating my 50th birthday November 2012. I will be 52 in December 2012. What can I say better late than never.

Just enter the date you wish to celebrate in the personalizer. It really doesn't matter if it's anywhere near your actual birthday. I plan on celebrating my 50th birthday November 2012. I will be 52 in December 2012. What can I say better late than never.

That is not exactly true. You just can't enter any old date and pretend it's your birthday. My friend did that and when nothing appeared on her door and she didn't get the coupon for the cake she inquired at the Pursers Desk. They told her that according to the information in her personalizer, IT was NOT her birthday. :(

That is not exactly true. You just can't enter any old date and pretend it's your birthday. My friend did that and when nothing appeared on her door and she didn't get the coupon for the cake she inquired at the Pursers Desk. They told her that according to the information in her personalizer, IT was NOT her birthday. :(

So just pretend it's an anniversary celebration & ask the cabin steward for a birthday sign. It's not like he cares about which sign he sticks on the door.

From the picture it looks like they changed the cake as well. The cakes we had in the past looked more like a cake. I do like the magnet more than the balloons.

I think it might vary based on the ship or something. I've had that skinny tall one before, but on my last cruise we had the shorter, larger cake type (which I honestly prefer).

Based on the criteria Princess lists on the personalizer, I celebrated my birthday on the last cruise, and will celebrate it again in a few weeks on the next cruise :). (Course, you get a *really* loud birthday singing when there's hardly anyone in the dining room, giving lots of waiters time to head over to sing, had that happen on the last cruise, with the weird empty dining rooms early)

Eventually, they will stop the birthday cakes etc if people continue to do this and I wish they would because by the end of the cruise I just hate that birthday/anniversary song. If it is not your birthday on the cruise you should not get anything.

Archived