Millennium - Anyone been on her lately?

Sun&Sand52

Considering taking the Millennium for a 5 night cruise out of Miami, but was wondering if it will be a "let down" after being on the Solstice and the Eclipse in Aqua Class. Hard to beat those S class ships. They are beautiful. We will be possibly cruising on her BEFORE she has her "solstisize" done to her. So I was wondering what shape she is currently in.

Anyone have any links to photos of the Millennium? We are considering taking a balcony or maybe CC class on the Millie.

If I understand this correctly, there is a T-pool on the Millennium in the solarium, but no regular pool in there. So I guess the only "adult only" area would be this t-pool. Never been in one of those - how is that???

Thanks in advance for any info or advice anyone might have on the Millennium!

:)

We just completed a B2B last October on the Millie and had a fabulous time. It is similar to the HAL Vista class ships but is not as busy as the S class with Celebrity that you have sailed previous. The condition of the ship was fine and we enjoyed both the main restaurant and the Olympic (speciality Restaurant) was so good we dined there 3 times.

The T pool is very relaxing with great Teak loungers both surrounding the pool and looking out to sea, we spent many hours relaxing in this area.

We are so impressed with the ship and crew headed up by Andrew Harris (Hotel Mgr) that we have booked another cruise to Hawaii on the Millie this October.

If you are looking for a relaxing vacation with options to spice it up - go for it.

Check my profile and you will see my blog posts with pics of our trip on the Millie

Tony

Considering taking the Millennium for a 5 night cruise out of Miami, but was wondering if it will be a "let down" after being on the Solstice and the Eclipse in Aqua Class. Hard to beat those S class ships. They are beautiful. We will be possibly cruising on her BEFORE she has her "solstisize" done to her. So I was wondering what shape she is currently in.

Anyone have any links to photos of the Millennium? We are considering taking a balcony or maybe CC class on the Millie.

If I understand this correctly, there is a T-pool on the Millennium in the solarium, but no regular pool in there. So I guess the only "adult only" area would be this t-pool. Never been in one of those - how is that???

Thanks in advance for any info or advice anyone might have on the Millennium!

:)

Hi, I sailed her from Jan 14-19th....had a really good time:)

I was in cabin 9045....very nice. I did not take any photos this time.

I have sailed every ship (except Silhoutte) and I thought Millennium

looked fine....now, she does not have all the bells and whistles of the

the S class but I love the M class and so they are always good to

me.

As for reviews, I did not do one but here is one that you might

enjoy.....it is from David who did a b2b2b....in late Nov and Early Dec.

Here is a link: There are LOTS of photos on there too:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523307&highlight=millennium

We just completed a B2B last October on the Millie and had a fabulous time. It is similar to the HAL Vista class ships but is not as busy as the S class with Celebrity that you have sailed previous. The condition of the ship was fine and we enjoyed both the main restaurant and the Olympic (speciality Restaurant) was so good we dined there 3 times.

The T pool is very relaxing with great Teak loungers both surrounding the pool and looking out to sea, we spent many hours relaxing in this area.

We are so impressed with the ship and crew headed up by Andrew Harris (Hotel Mgr) that we have booked another cruise to Hawaii on the Millie this October.

If you are looking for a relaxing vacation with options to spice it up - go for it.

Check my profile and you will see my blog posts with pics of our trip on the Millie

Tony

Hey Kangaroo - don't see your links to the blog posts. Would love to see them!

Hi, I sailed her from Jan 14-19th....had a really good time:)

I was in cabin 9045....very nice. I did not take any photos this time.

I have sailed every ship (except Silhoutte) and I thought Millennium

looked fine....now, she does not have all the bells and whistles of the

the S class but I love the M class and so they are always good to

me.

As for reviews, I did not do one but here is one that you might

enjoy.....it is from David who did a b2b2b....in late Nov and Early Dec.

Here is a link: There are LOTS of photos on there too:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523307&highlight=millennium

Me too but stayed in cabin 9038. Had a great time. We've been on the Solstice in Aqua Class and yes they are different experiences. But as much as I loved the Solstice experience I still like the M class too. I sure did miss Blu though.

You'll have a great time. We went to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. The ship is getting a little older but really didn't notice much wear. They were still cleaning constantly while we were there.

enjoy,

Duane

Hi Duane,:) sorry we never got to meet. Actually, I was at the AFT bar

when we sailed but couldn't figure out if anyone from the roll call

was out there.......

Glad you had a good time too:)

My recent experience may be helpful. We sailing on the Equinox, on the 11-28-11 Transatlantic from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. Then took a shuttle down to Miami, and boarded the Millennium for the 5-night Western Caribbean (Roatan and Cozumel). As much as we liked the Equinox, we liked the Millennium even more. While there was absolutely nothign to complain about on the Equinox, we found the MDR food to be somewhat better. Also the service on Millennium had a bit more of the "personal touch". I attribute the latter to the fact that the Hotel Director, Andrew Harris (I hope my memory of his name is accurate) was clearly out very actively and visibly taking an interest in service all over the ship. He definitely appeared to have a "team"; that was inspired to work well.

Again, the Equinox was great, but the Millennium was even a cut above that.

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks for the responses! So far sounds like everyone has been vey pleased with their experience. That is great to hear :)

An aft corner family verandah has come available and we are thinking of taking that cabin for My DH and myself. Looks huge! The only down side would be the metal railings, as opposed to see-through glass ones on the solstice class ships. But I suppose the size more than make up for that. Anyone ever stayed in one? Wonder if noise or vibration might be an issue???

I also did a 10-night B2B on her from Nov. 28 - Dec. 8 and hand a really great time. Here is a link to a very detailed LIVE thread I did (inspired of course by KagarooCruiser and Tuggers) that will have several hundred pictures scattered throughout the post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523307

Hi we will be traveling on the Millennium in Nov... would love to find out the cost of Laundry on board..

We will be in room 6028 and have been told that it has a bigger balcony can any confirm this please.

dmwnc... i cant seem to get any photos from your blog,,, would love to check them out..

Margar ~ if you can grab the corner aft cabin, DO IT! It is still my favorite cabin we've ever had. We've sailed several times in this cabin (8181 to be exact). The balcony, as you mention, is huge! Metal balcony never bothered us. You will be spoiled! have a great time!

Hi we will be traveling on the Millennium in Nov... would love to find out the cost of Laundry on board..

We will be in room 6028 and have been told that it has a bigger balcony can any confirm this please.

dmwnc... i cant seem to get any photos from your blog,,, would love to check them out..

I just checked the thread and the pictures are all there. What browser are you using? Anyone else having problems seeing the pictures?

Laundry costs as per the Celebrity Cruises website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

we are also back today from a b2b the value was great booked 2 weeks before ..as XELLENT said great value and great crew . will we go on MILLENNIUM again , yep in a heart beat ..this was our 3rd ride on her,,, she is a very cozy ship ,the BIG ones i call city living and the cozy ones i call country living.........XELLENT will see you in the new michaels or cosmos next season.................

Archived