Swimsuit Coverups

SewMuch

I'm in Ohio and its cold, wet and miserable and I'm dreaming about my upcoming cruise on Freedom of the Seas in June, picturing myself by the pool in my swimsuit. And now I see myself getting up to get something to eat in the Windjammer, but what should I picture myself putting on?

Do you ladies just pull on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, or wear something more fashionable? I have a nice terrycloth cover (with pockets!) but its sort of bulky to pack considering current airline restrictions. What's your cruise choice for a swimsuit coverup?

I just wear one of my cotton sundresses or shorts/skirt and a tank top. Just something cute and casual but light.

Old navy has a cute smocked tube top dress that comes in either a short length or maxi length. Either would work well for a swim cover-up. I like them because they are easy to pull on, not a lot of hassle with buttons or straps, which is nice by the pool and on the beach.

What about on port days after spending time at the beach, snorkeling, or any water activity? Do you just put on a cover up or do you bring a change of clothes?

For example, we are doing the sting rays in the morning, but our afternoon is free. Can we walk around a town in the types of cover-ups described above?

What about on port days after spending time at the beach, snorkeling, or any water activity? Do you just put on a cover up or do you bring a change of clothes?

For example, we are doing the sting rays in the morning, but our afternoon is free. Can we walk around a town in the types of cover-ups described above?

Hi,:) yes you can walk around with your cover up on:) depending on

the beach and the person...some beaches have changing areas and

if you want to bring a change of clothes you can do that too.

It really just depends on what you are most comfortable doing

but coverups around town are just fine:)

If I were planning to shop and/or go into restaurants while wearing a swim coverup, I would wear something that looks like a dress and not a sarong or just a cotton button down.... But more than half my coverups are a dress style anyway, so....

If I were planning to shop and/or go into restaurants while wearing a swim coverup, I would wear something that looks like a dress and not a sarong or just a cotton button down.... But more than half my coverups are a dress style anyway, so....

Agree. Personally I would not walk around town in a swim coverup. If I were to do a beach day followed by shopping I would wear a sundress and cute sandals for town. Easy enough to wear your swimsuit under it.

On port days, I plan on wearing a dress from Athleta called "Pack Anywhere" dress that is made from a technical fabric that will be quick drying and has UPF. My Mom likes to wear the "Swim Dresses" from Athleta which are actually made out of swim suit fabric. Both are great options, the colors of the pack anywhere dress were better for me:

Pack Anywhere:

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50004&vid=1&pid=739399

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50004&vid=1&pid=841303

Swim Dresses:

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50004&vid=1&pid=819727

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50004&vid=1&pid=739781

Typically I have a couple of cotton sundresses I use as a cover-up. I don't like anything super short or super sheer, so the cotton sundresses work great.

I always want a cover up I can wear to the buffet or grill or even down to the shops. I don't want something that looks LIKE a cover up.

I don't use my black sundresses as a cover up because I've learned that the chlorine either lightens the dye and/or the salt water leaves white marks all over the dress when it dries.

At the end of summer I hunt around the sale racks at Macy's (or wherever) and snap up the sundresses that have been marked down like 75%. Then I'm ready to go for my next cruise!

Agree. Personally I would not walk around town in a swim coverup. If I were to do a beach day followed by shopping I would wear a sundress and cute sandals for town. Easy enough to wear your swimsuit under it.

Hi, I wear a coverup that looks like a sundress so that I why

I said it is ok to wear one:);)

My coverup looks like a sunderss;)

Hi, I wear a coverup that looks like a sundress so that I why

I said it is ok to wear one

Oh my gosh I hope I didn't offend you with my comment. And I agree with you, if a coverup looks like a sundress, it would be fine.

I got my cover ups online at SwimsuitsForAll. com.

I love them! I got a ton of compliments on them too. They have some that are a thin cotton fabric which are nice and cool. They also have Rayon ones which make a really nice transfer from day cover up to cute poolside party skirt. I wore it during one of the deck parties, just traded my flip flops for some heels and I was ready to go! So, it was sort of like packing two dresses in one.

My next cruise is coming up in June. So I am excited to get more suits and coverups from there. Also, I live in Florida...so I really need them all year round.

I haven't been disappointed in any thing I got from there yet!

They are running a deal right now too, on Groupon? $20 for $40 in swimwear. So, now might be a good time to try them out.

http://www.groupon.com/el-paso/

It's still chilly here in Florida so I am DREAMING about our next cruise already! Just got back in December, right before Christmas and I am already ready to head back out into the ocean! LOL

Oh my gosh I hope I didn't offend you with my comment. And I agree with you, if a coverup looks like a sundress, it would be fine.

Nope, no offense taken:)......I just noticed a few posts after I replied

it was ok to wear one that said other gals would not.....I was just

replying to yours.....no offense intended either:)

If you want to ride a taxi from the beach back to the ship or to shopping etc, do not wear something that barely covers your swim suit as taxi drivers don't want wet, sandy swim suits in their taxis. Many will refuse to pick you up. Plan ahead and wear shorts or something the 'hides' the fact you have a swim suit beneath.

The cover ups I wear! If I know I am going into town, I will wear one like the black and white one. It goes from flip flops to heels easily too, (like I have it in this photo) so if we are going out to an unexpected dinner, I just toss on some heels (in my beach tote), slip on some earrings and take my hair down. Voila! Dinner ready!

For casual days on the beach or poolside on the cruise, I will wear one more like the blue one. Not appropriate for walking around town in, but again, another one that quickly turns to an evening look if I just add a pair of leggings and heels!

Got these from http://swimsuitsforall.com

chercoverup.jpg.af94af554f87971408ce38b5c282bfa5.jpg

coverupblue.jpg.acfe5661398c925ab981d30682ed0e2b.jpg

Swimsuitsforall.com has a nice variety of swimsuit coverups too. Some are fairly thin and your suit might show through them. Others are a more opaque fabric. I have worn some that are transparent and have never had a problem at a buffet line on the ship. I wouldn't dream of wearing it in the evening at a dinner but during a casual lunch, what's wrong with that? They are tasteful and usually a little above knee length.

I also think that Lands end and JC Penny had a nice variety.

Good luck shopping !

Deb in Minnesota

I have a couple of thin, soft infinity dresses the ones with straps that you can tie a bunch of different ways. They are about knee-length with an asymmetrical hem line, very feminine and flattering.

I ment to put this in my last post, where did you get the infinity dresses???

I am doing my vow renewal on board and am giving infinity dresses to my ladies I have in my wedding. They will be used with a broach of some kind in the ceremony. Love them because it is the only kind of dress I know they can all wear thier way, every shaped woman looks amazing in them and they will wear again and again. I am thinking twobirds.com but other suggestions would be great.

Archived