Emerald at Port Everglades

skivoodoo

We are currently staying at the Hilton Marina, right across from the Emerald. We woke up to the stern of the Emerald. After lunch we came back and now the bow is facing us. Any idea on why it turned around? I've never seen this before...

Check out this pots:

Interesting turnaround today in Port Everglades on the Emerald. They are going to deploy the evacuation chutes on either side of the ship, first one side, then move away from the dock, turn, and deploy the other side. In transits have to go through immigration at 8:45 instead of the usual 10am. Which was 10 minutes ago, so the staff is scrambling.;) We're going to watch from Deck 19. Should be fascinating. Also comforting. I have confidence that all the CCL brands (and other companies) are going to learn a lot from the Costa incident. But it is accurate to say that everyone on this ship seemed a bit shaken when it first occurred.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32158081&postcount=41

Bye Ginger! Can't believe we didn't see you and Wes after the meet and greet! Safe travels to you. Will we see you next year?

Yes, as Ginger said, it was a drill using the evacuation chutes and rafts. I took lots of photos and will post them when I return. I found it really interesting. But I've been turning the wrong direction on this ship all day today!

Bye Ginger! Can't believe we didn't see you and Wes after the meet and greet! Safe travels to you. Will we see you next year?

Yes, as Ginger said, it was a drill using the evacuation chutes and rafts. I took lots of photos and will post them when I return. I found it really interesting. But I've been turning the wrong direction on this ship all day today!

Lol. Looks like your departure is delayed today. Sitting here at the Hilton waiting for you to leave. Gotta make room for my ship! The Crown is coming to whisk us away!

Jeanne,

I certainly hope that we will. I think we were living on opposite ends of the ship this year! Are you booked for next year yet? If so, when and where? Makes it easier to book the right sailings.....

G

I was listening to the chatter going on with the webcam and I thought I heard something about missing passengers & checking to see if they were in transit.... not sure what ship... but since the Emerald left late I assumed it was their passengers that were late. But I may be wrong. :cool:

Archived