alcohol allowance on Liberty of the seas,

Excuse my ignorance but can anyone please tell me if there is an alcoholic beverage allowance, ie, are you allowed bring a bottle or two of wine or spirits in your luggage when boarding a cruise ship? I ask because one of my friends with whom I'm travelling is celebrating her 50th birthday on departure day & it is her first ever cruise , so I'd like to bring a bottle of bubbly , rather than buy one at restaurant prices!

Sorry to hijack your thread

I will be cruising LOS out of Barcelona. I have read that you are able to bring liquor on board at that port. I know you can buy it at the duty free shop but don't you go through scanners once you get on the ship?

TIA

Celia

Sorry to hijack your thread

I will be cruising LOS out of Barcelona. I have read that you are able to bring liquor on board at that port. I know you can buy it at the duty free shop but don't you go through scanners once you get on the ship?

TIA

Celia

Royal Caribbean does not allow passengers to bring on ANY alcoholic beverages. They will confiscate it. IF you are lucky, they will give it back to you when you disembark at the end of your cruise.

If you are cruising from the same pier where we cruised on Brilliance, the scanners are prior to the liquor store. We bought cans of Coke Zero and took them right on, no biggie (the same store was selling alcohol and soda). This seems to be a loophole that RCI does not have the authority to enforce because the store is after the security checkpoint.

Royal Caribbean does not allow passengers to bring on ANY alcoholic beverages. They will confiscate it. IF you are lucky, they will give it back to you when you disembark at the end of your cruise.
The policy now clearly states that alcohol seized on embarkation at the start of the cruise will not be returned at the end. However, alcohol purchased at the shops on board or from ports of call will be returned to the stateroom on the last day of the cruise.

6779174525_163fdc8e6c_b.jpg

29 Jan 2012 01:24 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

As for Barcelona, yes there is a duty free store after check in and before you board the ship but it has a very limited selection. We have been through this port on 3 occasions and as yet, there has not been any further scanning of carry on baggage upon boarding the ship other than checking your Seapass card. We'll be boarding Liberty again in May from Barcelona so it will be interesting to see if anything has changed.

You can pre order online at the RCI web site and your purchases will be waiting for you in your cabin when you board.

I know this applies to wine and I think it applies to campaign too.

It does not apply to hard liqueur! You can buy by the drink but not by the bottle.

I like to be able to have a drink in the room on occasion. I am thinking I will buy a couple of double shots, no ice, and take them back to the room for storage until needed. That should give me 4 drinks to have when desired.

[quote name=peteukmcr;32181

As for Barcelona' date=' yes there is a duty free store after check in and before you board the ship but it has a very limited selection. We have been through this port on 3 occasions and as yet, there has not been any further scanning of carry on baggage upon boarding the ship other than checking your Seapass card. We'll be boarding Liberty again in May from Barcelona so it will be interesting to see if anything has changed.[/quote]

I am curious to see if you still can. I would love to bring some diet cokes and a bottle for my room. If not I won't sneak it though

Excuse my ignorance but can anyone please tell me if there is an alcoholic beverage allowance, ie, are you allowed bring a bottle or two of wine or spirits in your luggage when boarding a cruise ship? I ask because one of my friends with whom I'm travelling is celebrating her 50th birthday on departure day & it is her first ever cruise , so I'd like to bring a bottle of bubbly , rather than buy one at restaurant prices!

NO...........And if you try and they find your alcohol it's gone, you don't get it back....K.O. near Philly

Archived