Am i the only one grossed out by robes in buffet line?

OMG! that is FUNNNYYY!!! do you really think that they take down the robes from all the rooms and replace them with clean ones - lets see... they come into port, remove the robes replace them with fresh clean ones and reboard in a few hours. hmmmmm.... DOUBT IT. i would say that its sort of like a hotel - how they wash the sheets but not the bedspread.

OMG! that is FUNNNYYY!!! do you really think that they take down the robes from all the rooms and replace them with clean ones - lets see... they come into port, remove the robes replace them with fresh clean ones and reboard in a few hours. hmmmmm.... DOUBT IT. i would say that its sort of like a hotel - how they wash the sheets but not the bedspread.

If you are so concerned, buy or bring a new one. I looked at ours, they were clean, they smelled freshly washed ( as were the sheets and towels) and I used the robe. Simple common sense. You can subscribe to whatever paranoid belief you want, I choose to enjoy the cruise and the amenities.

I fail to understand what your comment "I could stand to gain a few pounds not loose them" has to do with anything? Yes we can see how you were raised, making snide comments about people being overweight.

People can LOSE weight but if you are ugly on the inside, that is forever.

You know what I find "gross"? People that feel the need to make judgements about people just by looking at them. I have seen people walking around in robes. No I wouldn't do it and no it doesn't bother me. I would rather be next to them in the buffet then the guy all dressed nice touching things after picking his nose. Point being just because people are dressed doesn't mean they are clean and not contaminating everything they touch.

ummm... if you read it.. what i was ref. to, was that i lost my appetite. was only JOKING PEOPLE! sorry.... wont appologize for not being fat. and its still gross to wear your robes all over the boat at all times of the day. sorry, but i dont know what you have on under there and your sitting on the chairs !! yuk! i am naked under my robe. maybe others are not???

If you are so concerned, buy or bring a new one. I looked at ours, they were clean, they smelled freshly washed ( as were the sheets and towels) and I used the robe. Simple common sense. You can subscribe to whatever paranoid belief you want, I choose to enjoy the cruise and the amenities.

okay. thanks for the advice. i never thought of that. have a great day!! luv you!!!!:p kisses.

you all are all SILLY! its just an opinion. an opinion means that we can disagree. for god's sake wear your robes. i give up. im gonna look my best, but if you dont want to then i just dont care anymore. but dont be surprised if i come up behind you and pull your belt to see whats under that robe hehehehe:eek:

I do agree that a ship is a small comunity, and like a few small communities I have lived in there are a few people who think they are the morility police, they are the ones who think they have the moral duty to tell others how htey should live there lives, very sad indeed.

First its "morality" police. Mind your spelling. And second of all, it just common kindness. Don't be an idiot and come to breakfast as if it is your own kitchen. Just act as if you are on a cruise ship with others and don't act like your home breakfast habits should be ok with others. Please...

Just got off the Dream and the Paradise. Did not see this happening on the Dream, but it must be something about the Paradise that causes people to come to breakfast in their robes and their flannel PJ's. I used to sail the Paradise our of Long Beach, same thing happened there also. What's up with that?:confused:

Just got off the Dream and the Paradise. Did not see this happening on the Dream, but it must be something about the Paradise that causes people to come to breakfast in their robes and their flannel PJ's. I used to sail the Paradise our of Long Beach, same thing happened there also. What's up with that?:confused:

Very obviousl When you are dreaming you keep your manners but once you hit paradise- all bets are off!

sorry- you just can't throw out straight lines like that and not expect people to bite!

Courtesy, any kind of courtesy, is just asking yourself, how does that make other people feel? We say excuse me, we close our mouth when we chew, we dress in clothes when we come to a public place for breakfast. It's not for us. It's out of respect for other people.

Now keep in mind. I have seen people wearing robes in the breakfast buffett lines, and it didn't bother me. And it certainly would be totally appropriate at a swimming pool or almost anywhere else, but not in an eating area, especially when it appears there is nothing underneath it. And, as a previous poster pointed out, to quickly grab a cup of coffee. :D

I agree! I just assume people wearing robes likely have swimsuits or some clothing underneath, but it really is in poor taste to wear in an indoor dining environment. And to those of you who say that this doesn't happen-it does. I just got off the Freedom yesterday. Wearing a robe as a cover-up in a pool area or to the spa is one thing. There are buffet lines in the pool areas, but this does not dissuade some people from moving inside.

The people who wear their robes out in public around the ship are probably the same folks who wear their pj's to the grocery store, Walmart or the gas station! It seems to be the thing to do now since I am seeing more and more pj's in the store (not on the rack either). You know the ones I'm talking about-the usually fuzzy pj bottoms with clouds, stars, Disney characters etc. No doubt about it that these are not slacks!

And THAT is how Carnival go their nickname "Walmart of the Seas"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the shoe fits.........:D

Archived