Am i the only one grossed out by robes in buffet line?

I quit paying attention to what other people were wearing when I became an adult.

Unless someone is psychically assaulting me what they do or wear is none of my business.

Perhaps when you see things that "Gross you out" try not looking you would be amazed at how simple life becomes when you do not muck up your brain with such silly things like what someone else is wearing.

In other words mind your own business.

Ditto

I can't say I really care what people are wearing.

Double ditto

Had I known that wearing a robe to breakfast bothered people this much I would have started doing it, So I shall start doing this from now on:D

LOL!!

thats is exactly what i mean. the attitudes of if you dont like it dont look. guess i WAS raised differently.the ones offended ARE the ones in the bathrobes and overstuffed bikinis. i just feel that it is lazy and is not taking pride in yourself to go around in bath robes. and it is my business when it ruins my app. for food. i could stand to gain a few pounds not loose them. i would rather see someone in a swim suite and a cover up. at least you know they are wearing something under it. how long does it take to throw on a pair of shorts and tank top? lets be honest. those people KNOW you are going to stare at them and laugh, and in some cases be grossed out. makes me wonder what type parents they had? sorry. its my opinion. and yes... i do think overstuffing bikinis should be banned. just because they make em in triple x dont mean you should wear them. gross. :eek:

please stop wearing your robes in all the public places, esp. in the buffet line. i dont like seeing your hairy chest sticking out, or a hint that you have on no bra. it grosses me out~ am i the only one who thinks its gross? Before you leave your room, ask yourself:

what is a Robe? when should it be worn? do i look like i am too lazy to dress? am i going to a slumber party? am i an adult?

please. im just asking please. :eek:

I find that I enjoy my vacations much more when I am not worried about what other people are doing or wearing. Like another poster said, if you don't like what you see, stop looking.

Cindy

The people who wear their robes out in public around the ship are probably the same folks who wear their pj's to the grocery store, Walmart or the gas station! It seems to be the thing to do now since I am seeing more and more pj's in the store (not on the rack either). You know the ones I'm talking about-the usually fuzzy pj bottoms with clouds, stars, Disney characters etc. No doubt about it that these are not slacks!

At home I don't wear my robe to get my newspaper. Personally, I think it is gross. And I am by and large a live and let live kind of person. I would feel uncomfortable and half naked and weird. And seeing that makes me feel embarrassed for the person. "hi, I'm too lazy to throw on a pair of shorts or pants."

It's sort of like wearing your pajamas to the grocery store, but worse. I agree with the poster that it is in bad form.

And no, I wouldn't let me ruin my day or even the moment, but Wow guys have a little social awareness!:eek:

And let's face it. With half the country being over weight or obese, dudes, unless you want to be blind or never hang out at the swimming pool, you need to put up with seeing the less than perfect body in a swimming suit.:p:p

I would be embarrased to wear the robe to the buffet, but I would rather see someone there in a robe than I would without a shirt on. That way there is less chance of their hair and sweat falling onto the buffet! I say let them wear the robes and keep that stuff contained somewhat! I do think its ok to wear it from your cabin to the spa and back!

Once I saw a man wearing a robe for trivia in the front row of the main lounge. It did look strange.

Yeah, I have to admit, people watching is part of the fun of cruising. I love to sit on the promenad and eat sushi and watch people. It's fun and it's the whole not taking yourself too seriously thing on Carnival that makes it fun.

But still, a robe, to breakfast in front of hundreds of people. I don't comprehend the mind set. :D

I quit paying attention to what other people were wearing when I became an adult.

Unless someone is psychically assaulting me what they do or wear is none of my business.

Perhaps when you see things that "Gross you out" try not looking you would be amazed at how simple life becomes when you do not muck up your brain with such silly things like what someone else is wearing.

In other words mind your own business.

Hey I was just coming to post pretty much the same thing... kudos to you for stating this.. if your main concern while on vacation is to examine what others are wearing you are in the wrong place.. maybe try a fashion show or somthing:rolleyes:

=i would rather see someone in a swim suite and a cover up. at least you know they are wearing something under it. :eek:

That would be one HELL of a cover up!!!! WOW! Not sure I'd want to see that either.

A swim suit and cover-up however wouldn't bother me. That's what the Carnival rules dictate when at the pool area/Lido area... wouldn't bother me a bit.

Robes --- hmmm, not really sure on that one. If it's 6am and one is running up to the Lido to grab coffee and a danish (or the like) in a robe, then no, not a problem for me. If you're lounging about, going through the buffet line, scratching/itching yourself and/or revealing to me what is actually underneath that robe, then yes, I would have some issues with that. :eek:

It's all about timing and presentation as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

Yeah, I have to admit, people watching is part of the fun of cruising. I love to sit on the promenad and eat sushi and watch people. It's fun and it's the whole not taking yourself too seriously thing on Carnival that makes it fun.

But still, a robe, to breakfast in front of hundreds of people. I don't comprehend the mind set. :D

It's not your place to comprehend you are not the one wearing it.. so just move on.. there are many things in this life time that I do not comprehend.. those that do not involve me.. are none of my business.. ;)

It's not your place to comprehend you are not the one wearing it.. so just move on.. there are many things in this life time that I do not comprehend.. those that do not involve me.. are none of my business.. ;)

Sure it's my job to comprehend. And my right to have an opinion. And if I see you in a bath robe, I will just move on. :D

Sure it's my job to comprehend. And my right to have an opinion. And if I see you in a bath robe, I will just move on. :D

Comprehend anothers thougths or actions...are you are mind reader... good for you...:p Opinions are just that.. not a comprehension... :)

Move on is the way to go:D

Enjoy your cruise ;)

Have only seen this once. And it was a lady wrapped up tight, with her hair covered and sunglasses on. It was early and she had that look "I need coffee NOW!!" And I don't think she wanted anyone to recognize her. That wasn't gross at all.

Gross was the 55 yr old Walrus walking down the buffet line wearing his Speedos and no cover up. :(:mad::eek:

I always thought I would be utterly disgusted if I ever saw this in person.

Until I saw it on the Dream. There was a couple walking down the Promenade in their bathrobes smiling, laughing and just enjoying themselves. There was a thread about it around that time on CC and I remembered it, and all I could do was smile. It didn't bother me at all.

I must say though, while that couple was cute in their robes and got a smile out of me, I still find it extremely tacky.

Archived