Am i the only one grossed out by robes in buffet line?

Is there no dress code at all in the dining areas?

IMHO it is very low class to wear robes or no shoes or no shirt in public eating areas. Seems disrespectful also.

Easy to say "don't look" but if it is there and you see it...too late.

Have not seen much of this, thank goodness. Very tacky. Get dressed!

OMG! that is FUNNNYYY!!! do you really think that they take down the robes from all the rooms and replace them with clean ones - lets see... they come into port, remove the robes replace them with fresh clean ones and reboard in a few hours. hmmmmm.... DOUBT IT. i would say that its sort of like a hotel - how they wash the sheets but not the bedspread.

Actually, I have to say I believe they do. Having been on the "behind the fun" tour and seeing the laundry facility - they do have newly laundered robes all ready to go - stacks and stacks of them. If you have ever been on a B2B and walked down the hallways between when the "old" people went off and the "new" people came on, there is a flurry of activity including bins for sheets, towels, robes, etc - they have this down to a science and one thing I don't worry about is wearing a dirty robe! Or dirty towels ... or dirty sheets ... now at a hotel - that might be another story. Hmmm ....

I think what the majority of people are saying is they are not necessarily offended by people wearing bath robes to breakfast, but they would like to express that they feel there is a line as to what is okay to wear to breakfast. Yes, it is "your" cruise, but you are sharing it with thousands of people. When we share spaces with other peope, we need to be respectful of other people's sensibilities. Most people find wearig a bath robe to breakfast, if not inappropriate, amusing. I think this whole thing is amusing actually. I think the best comparison was "woud you wear" your bathrobe to your local restaurant. "

And certainly, there is something about being at Sea that brings the KOOK out in all of us. :D

Different strokes for different folks. No, bathrobe clad people do not piss me off or gross me out.

I honestly don't care at all what other people wear in the buffet line, or anywhere in the dining room for that matter, as long as they don't smell really bad and make me lose my appetite or do something unhygienic or gross to the food from which others are serving themselves. In fact, I find those in harmlessly unusual choice of attire amusing.

Bad behavior annoys me much more than bad clothing choices. Would you rather be at the salad bar with a fashionista who uses her hands to root through the cherry tomatoes or a fat, hairy guy in a bathrobe who gallantly allows you to take the last roll from the bread basket?

While it doesn't affect my own trip to see people in their robes getting food/coffee, I can understand why some people don't want to see it.

But to judge people for wearing their robes to go from their room directly to the spa, the pool, the serenity deck or a jacuzzi is just plain silly.

Had I known that wearing a robe to breakfast bothered people this much I would have started doing it, So I shall start doing this from now on:D

LOL...I was thinking the same thing, there are certainly a lot more important things in the world to be annoyed about! :D

ive never seen anyone wearing the bathrobes before outside of their cabin. Personally, I don't see why you would; am I the only person who finds the Carnival bathrobes to be extremely uncomfortable? I think they're stiff and itchy.

I wear a robe I bring from home. My gf wears the special spa cabin robes. They're provided to you so you can wear them - to the ... Spa. :-).

We get a stateroom super close to the spa. And we wear our robe over our swimwear to make the short journey to and from the spa. Most of the spa patrons we noticed were doing the same and the spa staff are the ones that told us to do it.

Now as for the kind of class we were in - we were treated like VIP - definitely not like walmart patrons.

ive never seen anyone wearing the bathrobes before outside of their cabin. Personally, I don't see why you would; am I the only person who finds the Carnival bathrobes to be extremely uncomfortable? I think they're stiff and itchy.

Book a spa room. Better robes. Worn outside the cabin only to the spa because that's how we roll. Your mileage may vary.

please stop wearing your robes in all the public places, esp. in the buffet line. i dont like seeing your hairy chest sticking out, or a hint that you have on no bra. it grosses me out~ am i the only one who thinks its gross? Before you leave your room, ask yourself:

what is a Robe? when should it be worn? do i look like i am too lazy to dress? am i going to a slumber party? am i an adult?

please. im just asking please. :eek:

..LOL..!!:eek:..OMG..I didn't know people did that..wow..ya..that's NASTY!

Book a spa room. Better robes. Worn outside the cabin only to the spa because that's how we roll. Your mileage may vary.

Exactly. And even if you don't book a spa room but purchase the VIP spa passes for the week, they'll give you the comfier spa robes anyway.

And I see laundry crew running the robes and towels from the spa constantly. So I know they're clean. :-). They don't get hung up. They get thrown in hampers.

I don't like seeing robes or swim wear in any interior dining spaces.

With that said, we get a cabin close to the spa now and we wear our robes with our swimsuits under them to travel from our cabin straight to the spa and from the spa straight back to our room.

I do this because I feel like I am in too confined of a space to change in the locker room bathrooms. I don't want to change openly in the locker room and the only space large enough to do so in privacy in the locker room is the shower. I definitely don't want to change in the shower and have to try to figure out how to get my feet out of my shoes, through my pants and back into my shoes without getting any of the shower scum on my clothing :-)

Also, if we're going to the pool, we just wear our swimsuits from our cabin to the pool. If we get hungry, we either go to the outside grill by the pool or we go back to our room and put clothing on to go into the interior dining spaces.

I guess I am saying... it depends on the circumstances....

You women can get away with wearing swimsuits to and from your cabin because your "pretty" (If that is your pic) and your not a guy. Unlike me, If i wore my speedo to and from my cabin I get funny gross looks despite being in shape and not have hairy legs and chest or back hair. No im not one of those robe wearing types, but it has crossed my mind.. I wear my kilts instead. They make good pool coverups.

You women can get away with wearing swimsuits to and from your cabin because your "pretty" (If that is your pic) and your not a guy. Unlike me, If i wore my speedo to and from my cabin I get funny gross looks despite being in shape and not have hairy legs and chest or back hair. No im not one of those robe wearing types, but it has crossed my mind.. I wear my kilts instead. They make good pool coverups.

yes that's me and awww shucks - thank you. :-)

kilts are awesome!!! Would love to see photos of you in a kilt! You'd fit right in at our annual Renaissance fair in Tampa. :-).

ummm... if you read it.. what i was ref. to, was that i lost my appetite. was only JOKING PEOPLE! sorry.... wont appologize for not being fat. and its still gross to wear your robes all over the boat at all times of the day. sorry, but i dont know what you have on under there and your sitting on the chairs !! yuk! i am naked under my robe. maybe others are not???

What about all the women wearing dresses and skirts? We dont know what you have on under them either..Whats the differance?? Those robes are allot longer then some or most skirts women wear around ship.

yes that's me and awww shucks - thank you. :-)

kilts are awesome!!! Would love to see photos of you in a kilt! You'd fit right in at our annual Renaissance fair in Tampa. :-).

Thanks.. I wear the non traditional type. Camo, denim, etc with the exterior pockets. I have the one pic in my avitar. But i have more pics on the cruisemates website in my profile (same screenname as here). I dont have a scottish background. I wear them because i feel like it and is comfortable.

Archived