Am i the only one grossed out by robes in buffet line?

I really don't get the "it's my vacation" approach. It is all of our vacations. A ship is a small community and I will do my best not to do things that will gross you out or make your trip uncomfortable. (Within reason of course.) But why wouldn't you do the same? We're all on the ship together. It is called civilization. We all have to get along or things can become pretty ugly.

If you don't like to see people in robes ----PLEASE PLEASE -- Don't ask them to take them off !!!!

LOL. For sure. And I dont care if someone is 400 lbs or 40, the size of a person has nothing to do with the heart of a person. I dont really care to see anyone wearing something too revealing. But, the nice thing is I am only responsible for my own actions or reactions. And thankfully my head is able to turn both ways if need be...;)

please stop wearing your robes in all the public places, esp. in the buffet line. i dont like seeing your hairy chest sticking out, or a hint that you have on no bra. it grosses me out~ am i the only one who thinks its gross? Before you leave your room, ask yourself:

what is a Robe? when should it be worn? do i look like i am too lazy to dress? am i going to a slumber party? am i an adult?

please. im just asking please. :eek:

Sounds like a photo-op (what not to do on your next cruise) and post them here.:rolleyes:

I really don't get the "it's my vacation" approach. It is all of our vacations. A ship is a small community and I will do my best not to do things that will gross you out or make your trip uncomfortable. (Within reason of course.) But why wouldn't you do the same? We're all on the ship together. It is called civilization. We all have to get along or things can become pretty ugly.

So basically we should all do what you think is right? Hmmm.

Am I the only one who has never noticed this sort of thing at the buffet? Maybe I am not bothered as easily as others so I just didn't notice?

I have only seen robes in one public area before - two people were wearing them at the adult pool on my last cruise. All I thought was "What a good idea!" I always forget to pack something as a coverup to get up to the pool without trapsing through the ship in my swimsuit, and I usually just wrap the towel around me and go on up. I always dress for meals, so what is appropriate for buffet lines, etc. never mattered to me.

I have honestly never seen bathrobes worn outside of the spa area other than in that one instance. I don't think I would love seeing the robe at the buffet, because it is unsanitary if you are not clothed underneath - but if someone noticeably just came out of the pool ... eh, I don't think I would care too much. As long as they were wearing shoes :P

I remember seeing a post about doing a "people of Walmart" style page for people on cruise ships ... that would be awesome. We cruisers tend to be a breed of our own, some of us are always either over or under dressed. I style my hair every morning - just like anyone cares or as though it is going to hold up to wind and swimming :P

I, for one, would love to see those heavy terry cloth robes go the way of the shrimp cocktail.

I guess they represent "luxury". When I see one in the room, I just wonder why. They are so thick and bulky and heavy. To be laundered is not cost efficient in any way. Yet, we are encouraged to reuse towels to save water and soap etc. Plus, we have no way to know if the robe was laundered, a few posters in an old thread talked about "spots" they've found on one.

It seems a more lightweight one, delivered on request would be sufficient.

I find this whole thread quite interesting!

There are ultra expensive spa resorts like the Golden Door where it is part of the culture to ONLY wear robes if you please. The point is that folks don't have to dress up and they can just be comfy. Everything is covered so it is not as if you are revealing body parts so why should I care if folks want to be comfy on their vacations and wear their robes to the buffet.

As mentioned earlier there are some folks who would look better covered up in a robe than walking around in their shorts or bathing suits with their bellies hanging out!!

I'm with the live and let live crowd. I can't understand why anyone would care. If you don't like it, don't look.

Should "overstuffed" bikinis be banned? Felt like my eyes were going to burn out a few times!!!!

Oh cmon people! You would not wear a robe out to breakfast in your home town at a restaurant, why would you do it on a cruise ship? Please. Not that it would bother me really, but, hello??

I have never seen anyone in the buffet line wearing bathrobes...but I don't think it would really bother me. I must say though that we eat almost all of our meals in the MDR...no robes there ;)

I have seen people walking around the ship in robes ....I always assume that they are wearing PJs or a swimsuit under it....I have no reason to believe otherwise :confused:

And...and from what I've seen in the past, robes cover up more than some of the clothing worn on cruises :p

No that was not my point at all. But there are some generally accepted "rules of the road" as it were. But chose to pretend that there aren't if you wish.

Where are these rules of the road posted? Im not a rule breaker. I have common sense and I can also read. If Carnival says...no robes outside your cabin...I will happily comply. Where I come from (Washington, DC) people are not easily offended...but that's another story.

it was so strange! every place we went on our last cruise people were in bath robes! its like they never wore a robe before! i was laughing on the outside but grossed out on the inside at one particular man who insisted on wearing it every place he went, and then weould sit at the table, legs spread with his hairy legs and tighty whiteys. yuk!

At least he was wearing tight-whiteys. If he was married to the lady with no bra, he might be showing more. :eek:

I think people need to be more discrete - especially if there are children around. Most people would not show their children an "adult" movie, and I think they would not be happy if their children are sitting there snickering about "the view".

Have to say though that different countries/cultures have different standards. What are regarded as colorful/patterned boxers in America are considered Summer PJ's in other places. My dad will wear his in the garden back home. I issued a decree when a recent visit was planned: "You will NOT be wearing those in my front garden, or on the ship!!!!!!"

Courtesy, any kind of courtesy, is just asking yourself, how does that make other people feel? We say excuse me, we close our mouth when we chew, we dress in clothes when we come to a public place for breakfast. It's not for us. It's out of respect for other people.

Now keep in mind. I have seen people wearing robes in the breakfast buffett lines, and it didn't bother me. And it certainly would be totally appropriate at a swimming pool or almost anywhere else, but not in an eating area, especially when it appears there is nothing underneath it. And, as a previous poster pointed out, to quickly grab a cup of coffee. :D

I do agree that a ship is a small comunity, and like a few small communities I have lived in there are a few people who think they are the morility police, they are the ones who think they have the moral duty to tell others how htey should live there lives, very sad indeed.

Hearing this kinda information makes we wish I could cancel my trip. I thought people who cruised had respect for themselves and others. I'm sure they graze on the Buffet line too. I'm so not looking forward to this kinda trip. People seem to have NO SELF RESPECT as much anymore!!:mad:

Oh cmon people! You would not wear a robe out to breakfast in your home town at a restaurant, why would you do it on a cruise ship? Please. Not that it would bother me really, but, hello??

I'm not saying I would ever do that. EVER. I just don't get it when people let what others are wearing bum them out so much.

I wouldn't wear one of those robes anyway. I'm a speedo kinda guy. :p

thats is exactly what i mean. the attitudes of if you dont like it dont look. guess i WAS raised differently.the ones offended ARE the ones in the bathrobes and overstuffed bikinis. i just feel that it is lazy and is not taking pride in yourself to go around in bath robes. and it is my business when it ruins my app. for food. i could stand to gain a few pounds not loose them. i would rather see someone in a swim suite and a cover up. at least you know they are wearing something under it. how long does it take to throw on a pair of shorts and tank top? lets be honest. those people KNOW you are going to stare at them and laugh, and in some cases be grossed out. makes me wonder what type parents they had? sorry. its my opinion. and yes... i do think overstuffing bikinis should be banned. just because they make em in triple x dont mean you should wear them. gross. :eek:

I fail to understand what your comment "I could stand to gain a few pounds not loose them" has to do with anything? Yes we can see how you were raised, making snide comments about people being overweight.

People can LOSE weight but if you are ugly on the inside, that is forever.

You know what I find "gross"? People that feel the need to make judgements about people just by looking at them. I have seen people walking around in robes. No I wouldn't do it and no it doesn't bother me. I would rather be next to them in the buffet then the guy all dressed nice touching things after picking his nose. Point being just because people are dressed doesn't mean they are clean and not contaminating everything they touch.

Hearing this kinda information makes we wish I could cancel my trip. I thought people who cruised had respect for themselves and others. I'm sure they graze on the Buffet line too. I'm so not looking forward to this kinda trip. People seem to have NO SELF RESPECT as much anymore!!:mad:

Best post of the thread. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You might want to look into renting a private island instead of a cruise that way you will not be offended by something you have absolutely no control over.

I am amazed at the people who let others ruin their vacation if you are bothered by what other people do stay home.

Also, Being on this planet for a little over 50 years I have come to believe that 99.9 % of the general public are idiots.

, because it is unsanitary if you are not clothed underneath

That I don't get- at some point some layer of clothing is the bottom one.

Lots of people aren't covered so well by those robes - same reason suits without coverups are not allowed - I don't want to sit on a booth that someone's bare hiney was just slithering about on. :P A bathrobe seems less a guarantee of clothing underneath than a dress style swimsuit coverup or sarong.

please stop wearing your robes in all the public places, esp. in the buffet line. i dont like seeing your hairy chest sticking out, or a hint that you have on no bra. it grosses me out~ am i the only one who thinks its gross? Before you leave your room, ask yourself:

what is a Robe? when should it be worn? do i look like i am too lazy to dress? am i going to a slumber party? am i an adult?

please. im just asking please. :eek:

It is beyond me why anyone would wear a robe outside of their cabin, Walmart people I guess.

Archived