Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Ah the much hated so called newspaper the Scum ... :mad:

Scum that it may be, the Italian mainstream newspapers are now picking up the story -- thought he wasn't supposed to leave Meta :confused:

http://corrieredelmezzogiorno.corriere.it/napoli/notizie/cronaca/2012/1-agosto-2012/comandante-schettino-torna-mare--2011265285285.shtml

Wow, I heard the Italians are not very sympathetic to cowardly captains who wrecklessly hole the ship killing 30+ people and then jump in a lifeboat before some passengers.

I guess that just tough talk , Schettino looks to be on vacation.

I guess they're bark is worse than their bite. I guess they feel a couple months of home detention is adequate punishment.

Disgusting!

It's beyond upsetting to see him enjoying the very place where he left 32 souls to rest. I don't even see how he has the nerve.....

Wow, I heard the Italians are not very sympathetic to cowardly captains who wrecklessly hole the ship killing 30+ people and then jump in a lifeboat before some passengers.

I guess that just tough talk , Schettino looks to be on vacation.

I guess they're bark is worse than their bite. I guess they feel a couple months of home detention is adequate punishment.

Disgusting!

Can't you give him a break? :rolleyes:

He's gone months without being able to see Domenica. He's been cooped up in the house with his wife. He just needs a little relaxation. Why do you have to be so judgemental and vengeful?;)

He's gone months without being able to see Domenica. He's been cooped up in the house with his wife. He just needs a little relaxation. Why do you have to be so judgemental and vengeful?;)

so true. killing people is hard work :mad: somebody bring that man a drink and a bimbo. he deserves it.

Edited by CtheW0rld

You're right, of course. I went way too far in pointing out that his behavior was "upsetting" to me. I withdraw my comment, and instead say "That's quite a tan."

:D

You're right, of course. I went way too far in pointing out that his behavior was "upsetting" to me. I withdraw my comment, and instead say "That's quite a tan."

:D

Peace and Love, Bothers & Sisters...... Peace and Love :rolleyes:

Has anyone checked in on The Last Salute in the last few days and if so, is it frozen with a view from 8/1?

Come on guys. The friend is probably the Captain's lawyer. We probably can't see the little raft along side the boat. The Captain probably wanted to demonstrate how he fell into his lifeboat and prove he didn't abandon his ship. :D;)

I know. That's probably a lot of "probably" evidence but I wanted to play too. :p

Has anyone checked in on The Last Salute in the last few days and if so, is it frozen with a view from 8/1?

Come on guys. The friend is probably the Captain's lawyer. We probably can't see the little raft along side the boat. The Captain probably wanted to demonstrate how he fell into his lifeboat and prove he didn't abandon his ship. :D;)

I know. That's probably a lot of "probably" evidence but I wanted to play too. :p

Ah, I'm glad you discovered the other guy is Schitino's lawyer.

I was thinking he was the Catpain's "wing man" and they were on the prowl. :eek:

Of course, he could be both his lawyer and "wing man"............:D

Damn you people must be bored .... :D

SB .... I believe they are relocating the camera because they have been told to move it from where it is by the owner!! and tehy are hopefull it will be repositioned in a better place.

Edited by sidari

The last few days all the barge work seems to be on the inshore side. I believe the underwater work on the anchors to hold the vessel and maybe the prep work for the stack to be cut off.

Any one know if the rock has been removed and the hull opening plated over?

I know some feel they will leave the hole open , but I don't think any salvage Master would leave the large hole in the side, to many things inside the vessel could happen.

AKK

The last few days all the barge work seems to be on the inshore side. I believe the underwater work on the anchors to hold the vessel and maybe the prep work for the stack to be cut off.

I know some feel they will leave the hole open ' date=' but I don't think any salvage Master would leave the large hole in the side, to many things inside the vessel could happen.

AKK[/quote']

Maybe they will use a very big roll of Duck tape to seal the hole?:D

I sure underestimated Schettino's resilience , I thought they'd have him under suicide watch but it appears he has fully recovered from his profession suicide. I guess he figures when he said "abandon ship", after he drove the boat like a drunk 17 yr old, it's "every man, woman and child for themself". He does'nt appear to feel responsible that they could'nt fall into a life boat, he was smart enough to do just that.

I was looking forward to see how the Italian legal system works as compared to here in America, but so far , except for Defalco (spell check) they seem to be even mushier than they are here.

I still feel Schettino is goingto find out eventually just how bad he screwed up.

Edited by Max49

:confused: Not sure if it's the outrage or the repugnant look of the Capt'n in a Speedo that spawned these recent videos based on the Sun's paparazzi photos:

and

I would think both. :rolleyes:

The u-tube didn't work for me. I'll try to find it on my own.

Damn you people must be bored .... :D Just a bit. ;)

SB .... I believe they are relocating the camera because they have been told to move it from where it is by the owner!! and tehy are hopefull it will be repositioned in a better place.

Thank you.

I know some feel they will leave the hole open ' date=' but I don't think any salvage Master would leave the large hole in the side, to many things inside the vessel could happen.

AKK[/quote']

It's probably out by now. They started removing it on July 12. Looks like they cut even more of the hull open to get it out.

get?src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.terra.com%2F2012%2F07%2F13%2Fgm1e87d1jyx01484141213.JPG&o=s&w=619&h=464

Getting back to the man who has been tried and convicted even before a a formal trial takes place:

How do you compare Francesco Schettino to Piero Calamai or Harry Gunnar Nordenson? How about captain Stanley Lord? The last is a man who did nothing wrong, yet lost his career.

How about captain Henry Kendall? Captain Edward John Smith? How about captain Jacob Van Zanten? Of course, he like Smith never had his ticket pulled, because he died in the collision.

The list goes on, as I sit on the fence and wait for the cover-up or the truth.

No, as I have said before, I am not defending Schettino, but I am waiting for the results of what might be (but not likely) a proper investigation.

Some folks have to much blonde hair clouding their vision.:rolleyes:

Edited by loubetti

Some folks have to much blonde hair clouding their vision

LB ... thats a new one, like it .... :D

SB .... Bad News ! posted on Facebook a few minutes ago.

After some hard days on Isola del Giglio we have to decide to stop the camera at once. Reasons are the termination of the consent to place the camera on the last location. We tried everything to change the camera to another position and we had an agreement for a new position. After a 1500 Km. trip to Italy we found out the new position wasn't good enough and made agreements were not fulfilled.

It was a very difficult decision but we put the plug out of the camera.

We will try to get more done but at this moment there is no longer a live feed.

With our apology to you all on behalf of The Last Salute crew

Edited by sidari

Getting back to the man who has been tried and convicted even before a a formal trial takes place:

How do you compare Francesco Schettino to Piero Calamai or Harry Gunnar Nordenson? How about captain Stanley Lord? The last is a man who did nothing wrong, yet lost his career.

How about captain Henry Kendall? Captain Edward John Smith? How about captain Jacob Van Zanten? Of course, he like Smith never had his ticket pulled, because he died in the collision.

The list goes on, as I sit on the fence and wait for the cover-up or the truth.

No, as I have said before, I am not defending Schettino, but I am waiting for the results of what might be (but not likely) a proper investigation.

Some folks have to much blonde hair clouding their vision.:rolleyes:

Innocent till proven guilty only applies in a court of Law. There's already enough facts made public to find him guilty, a hundred times over, in the court of public opinion.

That means he should be reviled, scorned and dispised by the public wherever and whenever he is encountered.

Some folks have to [sic] much blonde hair clouding their vision. :rolleyes:

Yep...that's exactly right...and some folks, uhm, Schettino had too much fake blonde hair in the form of a sub-par dancer clouding his vision the night of January 13, 2012. So much so he didn't see (lack of glasses -- right!) a massive 9.9 square mile granite rock island coming right at him and the 4,200 people who put their lives in his trust. :rolleyes: Edited by cruiserfanfromct

It's probably out by now. They started removing it on July 12. Looks like they cut even more of the hull open to get it out.

get?src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.terra.com%2F2012%2F07%2F13%2Fgm1e87d1jyx01484141213.JPG&o=s&w=619&h=464

Thanks for the pic!

Looks like the cut away some steel, the stuff over the rock and hanging out from the hull

It also looks like some of the rock has be drilled/cut away. You can still see some drill holes.

AKK

loubetti, did it make you feel good to insult blondes? Hope so because it only proves that you have to use insults to attempt to back up your statements which makes everything else you have to say mean less. I respect anyone on here that has any opinion whether I agree or not as long as they don't resort to child like insults.

I have an opinion on the Captain and no, it's not favorable but I am also waiting for the facts to come out.

I can say with complete honesty that should he be cleared of all charges and get another ship to command (something I believe would never happen) I would not cruise with him. I wouldn't even get in a row boat with him.