Breakfast in the MDR

bbgran190

We will be traveling on the Golden to Alaska this summer. If we take advantage of the breakfast in the MDR can we get a table for four or should we expect to be seated at a shared table?

One of the things that thwarted our attempts to eat breakfast in the MDR on our Alaska cruise were the early morning excursion times. On the day we didn't have any shore activities we slept a little later and were too late to go to the MDR.

What is the Main Dining Room?

I was on the Ruby recently and went to the Boticelli Dining Room for Traditional Dining and got breakfast at the DaVinci Dining Room. Is the DaVinci considered the Main Dining Room? What makes a dining room the Main Dining Room?

What is the Main Dining Room?

I was on the Ruby recently and went to the Boticelli Dining Room for Traditional Dining and got breakfast at the DaVinci Dining Room. Is the DaVinci considered the Main Dining Room? What makes a dining room the Main Dining Room?

Yeah, I guess we should be more specific... the Grand-class ships have three "Main" dining rooms ('cept for the Diamond/Sapphire which have 5 "main" dining rooms). :)

The Botticelli (Traditional), DaVinci (Anytime), and Michelangelo (Anytime) are all main dining rooms. What makes them main dining rooms is that they're not the buffet or a pay venue.

Ok. So a ship is considered to have more than one main dining room. Makes sense I guess, in a way.

Yeah, I guess we should be more specific... the Grand-class ships have three "Main" dining rooms ('cept for the Diamond/Sapphire which have 5 "main" dining rooms). :)

Thanks. I just hope no one leaves me a message on board ship asking me to meet them at the Main Dining Room. :D

Archived