Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

We haven't booked yet but I think Dh is convinced. We are looking at a promo with the classic drink package. DH likes domestic beers like Bud light and blue moon. It sounds like classic is fine for him. I love frozen blended drinks like strawberry daiquiris. As far as mixed drinks I like amaretto sour; malibu and pineapple or vodka sour. I don't really drink martinis and am not that fond if wine (usually just sparkling.) But I could deal with just frozen drinks all week. Would the classic package work for me?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We haven't booked yet but I think Dh is convinced. We are looking at a promo with the classic drink package. DH likes domestic beers like Bud light and blue moon. It sounds like classic is fine for him. I love frozen blended drinks like strawberry daiquiris. As far as mixed drinks I like amaretto sour; malibu and pineapple or vodka sour. I don't really drink martinis and am not that fond if wine (usually just sparkling.) But I could deal with just frozen drinks all week. Would the classic package work for me?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

More than likely you would be OK, but there are some frozen drinks that are over 800 that would not qualify under the classic package and you would have to pay full price for them. I would wait until you get on board and see what the different options are drink wise and price wise for the frozen concoctions that you would like. After a few days, you could always upgrade and treat yourself for the last few days on board and then your options would open up, especially if you're sailing on a S Class ship with a Molecular Bar.

I got the classic drink package for both of us as part of a deal from my agent. Does anyone know if I would be able to upgrade to premium for myself only and pay the difference or does it have to be for both of us in the cabin?

I got the classic drink package for both of us as part of a deal from my agent. Does anyone know if I would be able to upgrade to premium for myself only and pay the difference or does it have to be for both of us in the cabin?

According to the rules of the 123 promo, both are supposed to upgrade and if you do it ahead of time over the phone, you'll be charged accordingly. But, it has been reported on the boards that if you wait until you get on board and go to any bar, then only one of you can upgrade if so desired. The difference is 11.50 per day including tip.

So what you're saying is if I call X to upgrade now I'd have to upgrade both but if I wait till I'm on the ship I can do just mine? The latter would be awesome. I'm liking what I see on the craft beer menu on the ship and I know that classic wouldn't cover a lot of that.

So what you're saying is if I call X to upgrade now I'd have to upgrade both but if I wait till I'm on the ship I can do just mine? The latter would be awesome. I'm liking what I see on the craft beer menu on the ship and I know that classic wouldn't cover a lot of that.

That is correct.....the craft beers look awesome and if you decide on one that is over 12 bucks, after you upgrade to the premium package, all you do is pay the difference plus the 15% tip EDIT... not too sure how extensive the craft beer list is on the Solstice. I have seen where it is rather lengthy on the Reflection and the Silhouette..

Edited by SNJCruisers

isnt the tip already included in the upgrade? i opted for the premium bc I want martinis, but DH likes craft beers and we just pay the difference.

just checking

It is not included in the $10 per day charge for the upgrade, but it is included in the $10 + 15% ($1.50)= $11.50 per day with the gratuity.

That is correct.....the craft beers look awesome and if you decide on one that is over 12 bucks, after you upgrade to the premium package, all you do is pay the difference plus the 15% tip EDIT... not too sure how extensive the craft beer list is on the Solstice. I have seen where it is rather lengthy on the Reflection and the Silhouette..

Thanks! Saves me some searching. Now all I have to do is wait until September. :/

Hi everybody! I'm a little confused, on July it will be my first time on Celebrity cruises. I have got a complimentary Classic drink package due to early booking. I'm wondering if is 15% of service charges included in package or I'll pay it extra onboard. Is it for single serving or for the total amount of the package? Thanks!

Hi everybody! I'm a little confused, on July it will be my first time on Celebrity cruises. I have got a complimentary Classic drink package due to early booking. I'm wondering if is 15% of service charges included in package or I'll pay it extra onboard. Is it for single serving or for the total amount of the package? Thanks!

The package includes service. You won't face any tips for drinks you order.

The package includes service. You won't face any tips for drinks you order.

So, is a glass of white wine priced 8$ (the max amount allowed per drink in classic package) included or have I to consider its cost 8$+15%=9.2$ and then not included?

ps:sorry for my english, I'm still learning...

So, is a glass of white wine priced 8$ (the max amount allowed per drink in classic package) included or have I to consider its cost 8$+15%=9.2$ and then not included?

ps:sorry for my english, I'm still learning...

Mostly…ships operate the standard price structure

$8 + 15% is included within the $8 limit

For ships sailing from the UK

The $8 price will be on the menu at $9.20 (to include 15% service charge).

The $8 drink limit is adjusted to $9.20.

In effect the same glass of white wine is always included in the package wherever you sail.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately for us we have not been able to get a free Beverage Package on our upcoming cruise because we made the mistake of booking early. However, we are thinking of buying one and wonder whether anyone has any advice on when to buy the package - before we get onboard or when we are on board. Does anyone know which might be cheaper? Are there ever any offers on board?

We will be on Equinox in August.

Many thanks

Unfortunately for us we have not been able to get a free Beverage Package on our upcoming cruise because we made the mistake of booking early. However, we are thinking of buying one and wonder whether anyone has any advice on when to buy the package - before we get onboard or when we are on board. Does anyone know which might be cheaper? Are there ever any offers on board?

Many thanks

The price is the same whether you purchase before or on board. No sale prices. Some have reported that taxes are charged if purchased in port before sailing time but I've never experienced that myself.

The main difference to me is that if purchased before the cruise, the cost appears on your credit card. If purchased on board, it will be added to your seapass account and if you have any OBC, that will help pay for the package.

Many thanks

We booked early but contacted our TA who was able to get us the free drinks package and a reduced fare!! Definitely worth trying.

• 4 weeks later...

I've read a few threads on the drink package and have seen lists of menus but for the life of me can't seem to find them again. My question is: Is Bailey's available and included in the Classic Drink Package (i.e. under $8) and what about Bloody Caesars (or Bloody Mary's if Clamato isn't available). Thank you!

I've read a few threads on the drink package and have seen lists of menus but for the life of me can't seem to find them again. My question is: Is Bailey's available and included in the Classic Drink Package (i.e. under $8) and what about Bloody Caesars (or Bloody Mary's if Clamato isn't available). Thank you!

According to Celebrity's website, Bailey's is available and part of the Classic package. Classic package vodkas that could be turned into Bloody Mary's or Caesar's according to the website include Smirnoff, Absolute, Stoli and 3 Olives. The Premium package vodkas are Grey Goose, Belvedere and Ketel One, but I have read on the boards that some people had gotten Ketel One as part of their classic package.