Different Style of Passengers in Different Classes?

Smokeyham

In which case ar Keef should fit right in. Did he not once brag about dragging somebody out of a lift by the nose?

SS

Certainly did!! the guy trashed the control panel & shorted the elevator. I held him(yes by the ole' schnozz) till security came. He was put off the ship the next day. Sorry, but I looked at the ship as "home", I wasn't about to let that guy get away. He had been disruptive since he boarded.

Lor' luv us guv! You are a caution an' no mistake, aintcha? But you're right about us cheery Cockneys. We know our place, you won't find us up in the Chilterns - we'll all be dahn in the hereditary taking our turn on the barns, innit!

Well, gotta luv ya an' leave ya - I 'ave to sew some more buttons on me Pearly King suit. Gotta 'ave it ready for our next Howard - wouldn't want to mess up on the ole dress code would I now?

:D:D

J

Never heard conversation quite like that. The cockney(sorry don't mean to offend)were more like real folk than some of those with their noses in the air. we met a couple a few cruises back. We were in a P-suite. They had a Q-1 suite. Nice couple, but wouldn't consider inviting us "lesser" folk up for a visit.

He did indeed, guv'. Cats never forget...

Sir Martin

For evil to prevail, I guess all it takes is for good people to do nothing. Try seeing the program "What would you do?" perhaps then you might(even slightly)see my point.

For evil to prevail, I guess all it takes is for good people to do nothing. Try seeing the program "What would you do?" perhaps then you might(even slightly)see my point.

Sir Martin's a dead cat, Keith. I don't think they have TV where he is currently resident!

:D

J

Down here in hell, they show endless repeats of "What would you do?".

Whatever that is.

Sir Martin

Sir Martin, it is a show that asks questions about what you would do, for instance, one especially for you, :"What would you do if you saw a dog in a hot car?" :)

Lor' luv us guv! You are a caution an' no mistake, aintcha? But you're right about us cheery Cockneys. We know our place, you won't find us up in the Chilterns - we'll all be dahn in the hereditary taking our turn on the barns, innit!

Well, gotta luv ya an' leave ya - I 'ave to sew some more buttons on me Pearly King suit. Gotta 'ave it ready for our next Howard - wouldn't want to mess up on the ole dress code would I now?

J

You are Dick Van Dyke and I claim my £5 prize.

I overheard a woman on our short 6 night cruise on QM2 between Sydney and Auckland last year (I "think" she was a British and one of the World Cruisers onboard. The ship had approx 1500 Aussies onboard at the time ) say : " I don't like these Ooorstralians - they are always laughing!!"

Barry

I overheard a woman on our short 6 night cruise on QM2 between Sydney and Auckland last year (I "think" she was a British and one of the World Cruisers onboard. The ship had approx 1500 Aussies onboard at the time ) say : " I don't like these Ooorstralians - they are always laughing!!"

Barry

Oooooooor you?

Barry

Aw go easy on her, Bazz - probably being upside down for the first time, all the blood had run to her head!

:D:D

J

I hope this question will be taken in the spirit which it is intended, which is a genuinie request for information to help make a decision on what class of accommodations might be best suited for me to enjoy a passage.

Generally speaking, if one was to book a transatlantic crossing are their different types of people who to be found in the Queen's Grill, Princess Grill and Britannia?

For instance, I met expect an older, more affluent (and perhaps more formal) group in the Queen's Grill than in Britannia. Is this a fair assumption?[/quote]

Is an assumption ever fair? Just a wild guess, but I think you might be happy in Grill category

Never heard conversation quite like that. The cockney(sorry don't mean to offend)were more like real folk than some of those with their noses in the air. we met a couple a few cruises back. We were in a P-suite. They had a Q-1 suite. Nice couple, but wouldn't consider inviting us "lesser" folk up for a visit.

You are misusing the term Cockney and are liable to offend those who are Cockney and probably those who are not. I was born about 8 miles from Bow Bells so am not a Cockney. I was from Sarf London. i doubt you could appreciate the difference.

I used to book the grills but mainly because the grill experience went downhill and it just didn't seem worth the extra cost I just book the lower categories now. In fact the lowest, and then only when its on special offer. I find I am less likely to complain about anything then.

Unrealistic expectation fuelled by glossy brochures and paying through the nose can give rise to dissatisfaction.

I now put on no extra weight on a cruise whereas I used to put on the best part of a pound a day on QE2 QG.

I have had more fun in the basic dining room than in QG or PG. They can be a stuffy lot. Yes, they can have their heads up their a***es.

You are misusing the term Cockney and are liable to offend those who are Cockney and probably those who are not. I was born about 8 miles from Bow Bells so am not a Cockney. I was from Sarf London. i doubt you could appreciate the difference.

Most Americans, I've read, only recognize 2 British accents, "Queen's English" and Cockney. They tend to think an accent that is not the former must be the latter. No need to be offended, it's just a cultural misunderstanding.

Most Americans, I've read, only recognize 2 British accents, "Queen's English" and Cockney. They tend to think an accent that is not the former must be the latter. No need to be offended, it's just a cultural misunderstanding.

And, I suppose that goes a long way towards explaining how, without the slightest modification to his Edinburgh accent, Sean Connery could be variously, and inter alia, cast as a Spaniard (Highlander and Highlander II), a Russian (The Hunt for Red October), an Arab (The Wind and the Lion), and a Norwegian (The Red Tent).

:D:D:D

J

Well, that is not necessarily true. I recognise all kinds of British accents, each and every one, I just can't understand what they say.:)

Well, that is not necessarily true. I recognise all kinds of British accents, each and every one, I just can't understand what they say.:)

Ach awa' wi ye wumman! Huv ah no been teachin' ye tae blether oan in broad Scots aw these years. An' noo ye tell me ye dinnae unnerstaun' a word ah've been sayin' !!!

Weel, ah'm fair scunnert noo!

:eek::eek:

J

Ach awa' wi ye wumman! Huv ah no been teachin' ye tae blether oan in broad Scots aw these years. An' noo ye tell me ye dinnae unnerstaun' a word ah've been sayin' !!!

Weel, ah'm fair scunnert noo!

:eek::eek:

J

Well, that is Scottish na ye average British. I can understand that kind of British perfectly well.

Archived