A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

simple math

300 miles @ 3 mph = 100 hrs

@ 6 mph = 50 hrs

12 25 hrs

Knots and miles are different, not by much, but they are different. A knot is 1.151 mph. so do the math for that lol.

It's just about 16 hours til they are supposed to arrive in Nassau. So, they'd have to do about 17 knots if they left now to be there by 3.

Knots and miles are different, not by much, but they are different. A knot is 1.151 mph. so do the math for that lol.

It's just about 16 hours til they are supposed to arrive in Nassau. So, they'd have to do about 17 knots if they left now to be there by 3.

Not to mention its going the wrong way.

Hope they do make it there. But I love sea days also, especially if my cruise is free.

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO MATH! I DEMAND A FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT FOR HAVING TO THINK THIS LATE AT NIGHT!

Ahem... ;)

right....so it doesn't add up......again, just pondering..(today WAS National thinking day...)

I would guess at this point they are not sticking to a set schedule other than a return to Baltimore on Monday. :) Keep in mind the arrival time on AIS is something an officer on the bridge punched into the AIS terminal based on information at the time. Plans may have changed. it's not going to be a priority for them to update AIS.

I'm sure they are fine. I'll bet most are making the best of their free cruise! We'll know more tomorrow.

Of course, this is coming from someone refreshing the position report every few minutes just like the rest of you. :p

I would guess at this point they are not sticking to a set schedule other than a return to Baltimore on Monday. :) Keep in mind the arrival time on AIS is something an officer on the bridge punched into the AIS terminal based on information at the time. Plans may have changed. it's not going to be a priority for them to update AIS.

I'm sure they are fine. I'll bet most are making the best of their free cruise! We'll know more tomorrow.

Of course, this is coming from someone refreshing the position report every few minutes just like the rest of you. :p

good point....bad thing is, she might be out of range in the AM and then we will be really bummed until TPK and Carpe and Linda come and fill us in....

good point....bad thing is, she might be out of range in the AM and then we will be really bummed until TPK and Carpe and Linda come and fill us in....

Doesn't anyone here have the direct phone number to Captain Speaking on the bridge?!? Sheesh! :D

Here is a valid question. If they don't make it to a non us port because of mechanical difficulties, are they subject to fines...?

I would think that exceptions are made for major mechanical failures. Otherwise the line would have to make a choice between fines vs. safety.

Final

Its 314 land miles (5280 ft per mile)

A nautical mile is 6000 ft.

Knots measure time over nautical miles

MPH measure standard miles over time.

I'm back to drinking.

Sudsy:cool:

Archived