A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

AIS indicates estimated arrival in Nassau in 19 hours. I suppose it is possible they just wanted to get out of port for whatever reason and planned to sit off the coast for the night while they continue to sort things out...

Of course, this and all other posts here are purely speculation. I seriously doubt they would have left Port Canaveral if they knew they had an unmanageable problem.

Where are you seeing this information?

I don't know if I'm allowed to post, so if I'm wrong, moderator please correct this- portcanaveralwebcam.com Then I used I think its marine traffic on that page with the map. I just moved the map around and found Enchantment off the coast.

oh no! Please tell me they are moving again. I forgot the website where I can check ships locations AND speed. We have loved our cruises on Enchantment. Then again we've loved every cruise we've been on. Fingers crossed for everyone on the ship

It's still showing as anchored...

I don't know if I'm allowed to post, so if I'm wrong, moderator please correct this- portcanaveralwebcam.com Then I used I think its marine traffic on that page with the map. I just moved the map around and found Enchantment off the coast.

I could be wrong but I believe its just Travel Agent links that cannot be posted here :) I have seen numerous links posted to the webcam sites that were allowed to stay

oh no! Please tell me they are moving again. I forgot the website where I can check ships locations AND speed. We have loved our cruises on Enchantment. Then again we've loved every cruise we've been on. Fingers crossed for everyone on the ship

I'm on Marine Traffic. Where does it say anchored? That's pretty deep water to be anchored in.

It says on the description: anchored/moored.

I can't upload a screen shot on my iPad...

I'm on Marine Traffic. Where does it say anchored? That's pretty deep water to be anchored in.

if you click on the little blue thing a box comes up...it's in that someplace..

BTW when are they scheduled for Nassau? tomorrow right? If it's 314 NM(ish) isn't that sort of mathematically impossible? :confused:

I am really just trying to figure this out...or are my days off:eek:

I tried converting NM to statute miles and knots to MPH but heck, I just usually get ON the ship and not think about getting from point A to B...

thanks for any clarification

Course now seems to indicate heading back to Port Canaveral. 0.5 knots. But again, this could be planned. Maybe they planned to just hang out off the Florida coast tonight and head to Nassau in the morning. Let's hope...

It says on the description: anchored/moored.

I can't upload a screen shot on my iPad...

I'm willing to bet that it will always show "anchored/moored" as a status when the ship is moving under a certain speed. Up to 0.5 knots, now status is "underway". Just spitballing here.

It may say anchored/moored because they are stopped. It may not mean they are actually anchored. I dont' see the description. It's probably my computer. Some things seem to crash often. Time to have my IT son clean it up :D

I just checked Marine tracker and Enchantment is still anchored according the the website.

If this is true they did not make to far from Port Canaveral. If something did happen they can limp or get towed back to Port Canaveral.

Lets hope that it is nothing serious.

It may say anchored/moored because they are stopped. It may not mean they are actually anchored. I dont' see the description. It's probably my computer. Some things seem to crash often. Time to have my IT son clean it up :D

you kind of have to fiddle around with it...sort of hover your pointer over the blue thing and click...eventually it will work....

sorta trial and error..

Archived