A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

I also was watching the other thread, and it really got nasty to wards the end. I hope all that are still there are enjoying the day in Florida!

Okay I feel like I'm going crazy. I know you were on the other thread with me the original one that was started when EN was delayed...then that was closed early this afternoon...then a new one was started " Enchantment Delayed " NOW I CAN'T FIND THAT ONE...I was emailed subscribed to it, but says the link is in valid....Help, did that get nasty too while I was out for 15 mins?

Okay I feel like I'm going crazy. I know you were on the other thread with me the original one that was started when EN was delayed...then that was closed early this afternoon...then a new one was started | Enchanment Delayed" NOW I CAN'T FIND THAT ONE...Help, did that get nasty too while I was out for 15 mins?

Unfortunately yes.

jeez. i hope people who have chosen to stay onboard come back and post updates. I really hope those who are on the Enchantment are enjoying themselves as much as they possibly can, even if this week wasn't exactly what they planned - at least it's free (at least the cruise part!)

Just a friendly reminder that any questions regarding or discussion of removed posts and threads should not be posted on the boards.

Post removals are at the discretion of Cruise Critic Management and all decisions shall remain final. Please review our Community Guidelines for further information.

Thanks for your cooperation

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Okay, we are all adults lets keep it nice, so this one doesn't get closed. I do want to hear from the ones still on. I'm curious to hear the outcome of their day in port as well as any updates on the ships sailing tonight.

Is it 7 pm they are suppose to leave for Nassau??

I am eagerly awaiting to hear an update from the original poster , I hope he is still having a good time , he won't forget his first ever cruise in a hurry ,I was just reading about Independence having noro virus onboard , 10 days on Indy , holed up in your cabin for a couple of days , Windjammer shut due to noro outbreak OR 9 nights on enchantment , being fed , watered , entertained and getting a full refund for the cruise ,I sure know which cruise I would rather be on ,I am pleased to hear that so many of the enchantment passengers are having a good time , at least they know a good deal when they have one :D

I'm looking forward to updates, too. I thought his/her reporting was unique, given it was a first time trip to the U.S. and a first time cruiser, too.

Hope to hear more.

I agree with that. His perspective is unique and I hope they are having a great time in spite of the rocky (figurative and literally) start. I'm not sure I would have chosen EN out of Baltimore in February for my very first cruise (much as I like that ship), and I hope he will book another cruise out of Florida for a real Caribbean cruising experience somewhere in the future. And it'll be an excuse to come back to the U.S. again.

Hello all!

DH and I are having a great time. Just back aboard in PC. Arrived as two

mechanics were leaving. Hope that means the ship is fixed. Maybe we will have a longer day in Nassau.

We have.been on 33 cruises. Many have had their challenges but none have ever been FREE! We are cruising with no kids, just a couple with a week off from work who are enjoying a FREE vacation. I know about 75 people debarked today but most of us onboard are happy. RCL made the best of a bad situation. The crew has been excellent despite taking lots of abuse.

I'm glad the unhappy folks left. It will be more pleasant for the rest of us and especially for the crew. We will let you all know when we hear about the repairs.

Hello all!

mechanics were leaving. Hope that means the ship is fixed. Maybe we will have a longer day in Nassau.

We have.been on 33 cruises. Many have had their challenges but none have ever been FREE! We are cruising with no kids, just a couple with a week off from work who are enjoying a FREE vacation. I know about 75 people debarked today but most of us onboard are happy. RCL made the best of a bad situation. The crew has been excellent despite taking lots of abuse.

I'm glad the unhappy folks left. It will be more pleasant for the rest of us and especially for the crew. We will let you all know when we hear about the repairs.

Thank you for the update! Enjoy the rest of your FREE cruise! Hopefully things will be better now that most of the whiners and complainers debarked today.

Hello all!

We all wish you well and thanks for posting. I hope those 75 left tips for the crew, enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I couldn't agree more! Baltimore isn't the place to sail out of in February if you are dead set on a tropical vacation. The Bahamas are risky in the winter, as well. We learned that the hard way in December-- it was warm (70's) but not the hot Caribbean weather we are used to!

That is one reason why I am such a fan of San Juan and the southern Caribbean. It is warm from the minute that you step out of the airport.

Capt Gus just announced that we are waiting for the last guests to board. Top speed still 15 knots on the way to Nassau. I guess the motor is not fixed :(

Thanks for the updates.....seems like you got into cruise mode! Enjoy..sounds like you are having a fairly decent time...and probably enjoying the no kids part!:p

Capt Gus just announced that we are waiting for the last guests to board. Top speed still 15 knots on the way to Nassau. I guess the motor is not fixed :(

Thanks for the update Linda. PLEASE keep us updated if at all possible. We are waiting breathlessly to see if we will still be able to sail on the Enchantment next Monday. :confused:

Not necessarily because Nassau isn't that far from PC (314 miles). At full speed you'd be there well before you're supposed to be. You're expected in Nassau tomorrow afternoon at 3 pm right? Someone else had posted Nassau was Friday-Sat and tomorrow was a day at sea. But, that's too close to require a sea day.

Ships rarely do full speed in between islands in the Caribbean.

I do wish the Captain would update everyone completely.

So...I am assuming since the ship will be in Nassau for almost 2 days, they will continue to work on her even more, since the motor was not fixed today?

Us folks who are suppose to board her on Monday Feb 27th are on pins and needles. Any and all information you can get, please let us know ASAP....and Thanks so much for taking the time to post this for us...;)

Archived