A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

I am so pleased to hear stories of first timers having the time of their lives even given the circumstances. Just goes to show you that it really is what you make out of it. I cant stand self entitled, miserable people that cant handle change. Cruising is DEFINITELY not for them and Im glad they got off the ship.

I hope the rest of yall enjoy the rest of your cruise :)

Since none of us are really "keeping" the original OBC given to us I don't think it'll be any different fir those that left today. I doubt their refund would be rescinded and the OBC is being deducted from the refund. The only question is who will pay the PSA fine.

There was no mention of repairs by the captain, only that the ship is still operating at reduced speed. In fact, there has been no official announcement of repairs made by the captain. This does not mean that they are not undertaken.

Since none of us are really "keeping" the original OBC given to us I don't think it'll be any different fir those that left today. I doubt their refund would be rescinded and the OBC is being deducted from the refund. The only question is who will pay the PSA fine.

There was no mention of repairs by the captain, only that the ship is still operating at reduced speed. In fact, there has been no official announcement of repairs made by the captain. This does not mean that they are not undertaken.

Find it really strange the Captain wouldn't say something about whether or not the repair has been made?

You were traveling at 12 knots but now it's back down to 8 knots........might be your traveling speed for the night since Nassau really isn't that far away.

I'm not sure where Pride is going but they are moving at 19 knots.

Jimbo:)

I talked to a co-worker of mine today and he and his wife are first time cruisers. They are having the time of thier life. They haven't let any of this bother them and have said they are going with the flow and who cares because any day on a ship is a better day at work. They are already thinking of their next cruise they can take. I think I have them hooked. I'm counting my days down to when I leave on the Adventure in March.

My wife and I were scheduled for a 7 night Bermuda cruise in 1999 and never saw Bermuda any of the 7 days!:eek: We went to Port Canaveral and Nassau instead because of a hurricane heading toward Bermuda. That was one of our BEST cruises because of the GREAT people we met!!:p:p We only got a little OBC but no free cruise. We went to Bermuda the next year and loved it!!! I think Royal Caribbean is being more than fair to give everyone a free cruise.

As you can see, I still love cruising and I hope the first cruisers will get "hooked" like the rest of us!:D

Find it really strange the Captain wouldn't say something about whether or not the repair has been made?

You were traveling at 12 knots but now it's back down to 8 knots........might be your traveling speed for the night since Nassau really isn't that far away.

Jimbo:)

I think they slowed to let the port pilot off. We'll see if they accelerate.

Capt Gus just announced that we are waiting for the last guests to board. Top speed still 15 knots on the way to Nassau. I guess the motor is not fixed :(

That sounds about right. You can even get away going slower and still get there on time.

I have been on the Monarch 4 times. Two times we left PC Friday night and was in Nassau by 1100 on Saturday. The other 2 times we left Nassau at 2345 on Wednesday Night puttered up the coast and was back home in PC by 0700 Friday.

We are watching this thread with interest as we are on the next sailing. Thank you all who are aboard and keeping us posted. We are anxious for concrete information as you are. Just watched her leave PC on the web cam, looking pretty good. Have a wonderful time in Nassau, a safe sail home, and please post when you hear the words, ' The Captain just announced that the Enchantment of the Seas is now repaired"

Thank you all, and keep positive!!!:)

When I spoke with my daughter today at 4:00, they just got back from Epcot. Had a great time! She said the rolling of the ship got bad at times and they had fun watching people walk like they were drunk. High heels coming out of formal night was not a good idea. It was hysterical. LOL She said the rolling actually lulled them to sleep and they were a little disappointed last night when it was calm. She is on the 2nd deck, outside room. She was glad they didn't have a balcony this time. Seriously, the only complaint she had was the rude parents who thought that because they were inconvenienced because their kids could not go swimming outside, they invaded the solarium. She could understand giving the kids their time to swim but when it was said 10pm was a cut off time for the kids, some parents paid no attention and told their kids just to stay in the water. Someone complained, an officer came, the kids got out, he left and they got back in. I guess that is just how the world turns for some people. All in all she said the Captain was always excessable and walking around and the crew staff were wonderful. Of course, it would have been better if it all had not happened but it did... enough said!

It is a shame that parents are letting their children get away with this, what an example to set, just do what you want, and who cares what the rules are.

We're talking about a 15 year old ship here. It's February, leaving from the Northeast!!!

Things go wrong. I would have factored that in if I was planning this cruise.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't drive a 15 year old car from Baltimore to Florida without worrying that something would go wrong. But if it did, I wouldn't be cursing Ford for a breakdown.

Don't leave out of Baltimore and complain about rough seas and bad weather, it should be expected! Sheesh! You get a refund, get over and don't cruise again! Done!

Some people see the clouds and some prefer to see the sun. I was on the Enchantment in January and if I were on her now, I'd still be enjoying every minute! Let's hope the repairs can be finished in Nassau and everyone gets a smooth trip back with lots of sunshine!

First of all, I would like to thank all of the people on board, and those talking to people on board for posting the Factual information (not just speculation)! It is VERY helpful and appriciated by those of us on the Enchanment's next few sailings. (Seems like a lot of us from the 2/27 and 3/10 are here for obvious reasons).

Its sad that we can't come here, ask logical questions, get answers and be nice and appriciate that everyone has an opinion.

MODERATORS: Can we please put a sticky for the Enchantment on top, and IDK if you can or not, but limit who can post on the site to those we have established are on the ship or in contact, so we don't have all the silly juvenile conduct going on around it.

Thanks!

Archived