A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

The Carnival ship is leaving now.

If they keep the camera on it you should be able to see the Enchantment. That's a speed of 5 and half knots.........so Enchantment sailed at about 12 knots all the way from Baltimore...that is really slow.. No wonder it took so long to get to Florida.

The rain and the darkness is making it tough to see up the waterway.

Jimbo:)

We will be sailing soon, we were waiting for other traffic to leave before us. As of now the ship is still only capable of 15 knots maximum. There have been no other announced itinerary changes.

It was a nice day here at the Cape and should be nice in Nassau. I went to KSC and had a very nice time.

Jimbo, we were cruising at between 10 and 12 knots most of the way south.

The Carnival Pride is passing us right now (7:33).

Carpe, at that speed has the Captain figured out yet how to get the ship back to Baltimore by the 27th?

Cause it won't make it at that speed if it stops at Nassau for 20 hours(3pm Thursday to 11am Friday)...lol Beam me up Scottie....

Jimbo:)

Did the people who left the ship today in PC get their full OBC refunded to them?

Glad every still on board is having a great time. In discussing this with my husband, I have a feeling he would not be happy in having his itinerary changed.:rolleyes: I would just be thrilled to be able to enjoy the ship!:D

I may have missed this in an earlier post, but if 75 people left the ship in Port Canaveral, wouldn't that be a violation of the PVSA (transporting passengers from Baltimore to Florida without a stop in a distant foreign port (or any foreign port for that matter)? That works out to 75 x $300 = $22,500. Maybe RCCL will reduce their refund by $300 to pay the fine !!!!

We are moving now.

To clarify something about the refund and the OBC, the letter I received said that the full cruise fare would be refunded LESS the OBC already given, so we do not get both.

If we do get back to Baltimore late I'll just need to rebook my Amtrak train and take another vacation day, not the end of the world.

We moving now.

To clarify something about the refund and the OBC, the letter I received said that the full cruise fare would be refunded LESS the OBC already given, so we do not get both.

If we do get back to Baltimore late at least I'll need to do is rebook my Amtrak train and take another vacation day, not the end of the world.

Great way to look at it!! I think they were asking about the pax's that got off today (early) Do they still get to keep their refund?

I may have missed this in an earlier post, but if 75 people left the ship in Port Canaveral, wouldn't that be a violation of the PVSA (transporting passengers from Baltimore to Florida without a stop in a distant foreign port (or any foreign port for that matter)? That works out to 75 x $300 = $22,500. Maybe RCCL will reduce their refund by $300 to pay the fine !!!!

They should be glad I'm not in charge. I would have told them that if they voluntarily left the ship in PC they would not be getting a refund at all. Especially if the line has to pay that $300 fine.

When I spoke with my daughter today at 4:00, they just got back from Epcot. Had a great time! She said the rolling of the ship got bad at times and they had fun watching people walk like they were drunk. High heels coming out of formal night was not a good idea. It was hysterical. LOL She said the rolling actually lulled them to sleep and they were a little disappointed last night when it was calm. She is on the 2nd deck, outside room. She was glad they didn't have a balcony this time. Seriously, the only complaint she had was the rude parents who thought that because they were inconvenienced because their kids could not go swimming outside, they invaded the solarium. She could understand giving the kids their time to swim but when it was said 10pm was a cut off time for the kids, some parents paid no attention and told their kids just to stay in the water. Someone complained, an officer came, the kids got out, he left and they got back in. I guess that is just how the world turns for some people. All in all she said the Captain was always excessable and walking around and the crew staff were wonderful. Of course, it would have been better if it all had not happened but it did... enough said!

Hello...I am sneaking in to say hello. Many of us plan to be on the Enchantment in a few weeks. We can only imagine some of the disappointments everyone is experiencing but thank goodness you all are safe, well fed and having your beds made :D

Please try to enjoy yourselfs and know that everyone back home has everyone is their thoughts and prayers...some of us are actually jealous...we love sea days!

Have a wonderful trip home! ;)

I talked to a co-worker of mine today and he and his wife are first time cruisers. They are having the time of thier life. They haven't let any of this bother them and have said they are going with the flow and who cares because any day on a ship is a better day at work. They are already thinking of their next cruise they can take. I think I have them hooked. I'm counting my days down to when I leave on the Adventure in March.

Archived