A British Mans First Cruise - Enchantment of the Seas

Yes yes lift/elevator....does the same thing :p

Gosh maybe we should do him a list of words that he will need just so he won't get confused.

Fries = Chips

Chips = Crisps

As soon as you get those words sorted everything else falls in to place.

CK x

Yes, he needs to use the correct words. Hopefully he will write in proper English...U.S. wording that is.:D:eek::D:eek:

Yes yes lift/elevator....does the same thing :p

Gosh maybe we should do him a list of words that he will need just so he won't get confused.

Fries = Chips

Chips = Crisps

As soon as you get those words sorted everything else falls in to place.

CK x

don't forget Biscuit = cookie

And let's not forget the extraneous "U" that our British friends like to include in some of their words ... favourite, colour, Et.Cet.

Michael

All of the words that y'all drop the U in :D:p

Favour, Labour, Saviour, Arbour, and one we should all know.....Harbour

Have a great cruise. We'll be on the Enchantment on the 27th (so take good care of her). I'm looking foward to reading your posts. It will seem as if we've started our cruise a week early! I hope you'll have time to spend sightseeing in the Baltimore/Washington area after your cruise as well.

?Well ladies and gentlemen, I made it. Checked into the lovely Hilton about ten minutes ago and have to say loving the USA so far. Flight was an absolute pleasure, well aside from one choppy bit where I got a little scared ha ha. Security scared me at first, but the gentleman who took my prints was an absolute pleasure to talk to. We were met at the gate by a very sweet lady, whose name I sadly did not get, and check in at the Hilton was a breeze. Going to relax and shower, then maybe sample some American ales in the bar.

I shall report in tomorrow hopefully from the ship.

PP

IMG_20120217_205838.jpg

IMG_20120218_000818.jpg

And let's not forget the extraneous "U" that our British friends like to include in some of their words ... favourite, colour, Et.Cet.

Michael

Yes we do like a U, lol, but another one is pants, pants is underwear to us but I think thats what you call trousers!

Looking forward to reading your review each day, we have our very first cruise next month, but it will not be our fist time in the US, can't wait. Have a great time.

?Well ladies and gentlemen, I made it. Checked into the lovely Hilton about ten minutes ago and have to say loving the USA so far. Flight was an absolute pleasure, well aside from one choppy bit where I got a little scared ha ha. Security scared me at first, but the gentleman who took my prints was an absolute pleasure to talk to. We were met at the gate by a very sweet lady, whose name I sadly did not get, and check in at the Hilton was a breeze. Going to relax and shower, then maybe sample some American ales in the bar.

Yeah, I keep hearing horror stories about the TSA agents, but I keep running into some terrific guys and gals. Mind you, I travel very little these days, as almost all my family is within 10 mins of home...

As far as American ales, I really hope you have a decent bar that has more to offer than the macro brews. There are some really great micro brews to be found, with Troegs, Stoudts and Dogfish Head being just a few of my faves.

Anyway, welcome to the US, hope you have a great time!

Dave

I shall report in tomorrow hopefully from the ship.

PP

IMG_20120217_205838.jpg

IMG_20120218_000818.jpg

I hope you love this wonderful country and have a fantastic cruise. We are all waiting to follow you onboard. Have a wonderful cruise.:):)

Ex- Brit now Texan .:D:D

From a fellow Brit , we flew to Orlando for our sailing around the Caribbean on Freedom of the seas ,I am sharing your excitement having been there done that , have a fabulous cruise ! the first one will always hold special memories , thank you so much for letting us all share in that .

PP,

Do your self a favor and have lunch in Key West Florida at Sarabeth's restaurant.

Do me a favor and find out if sprite zero is included in the soda package. Thanks.

Have a great cruise on a great ship with a wonderful crew.

Please take care of her, I board in less than 10 weeks.

Jack

Thanks for the tip Jack, I'll certainly check the sprite thing for you.

Good morning one and all. Today is finally here and in a few hours I shall be on board. Let me start by saying that I sadly didn't make it to the bar. Me and gf ordered some rather lovely room service before passing out on the beds. I guess being up for 24 hours will do that to you. Despite some mental girls running around in the night, its was a good sleep.

I have woken up to a gorgeous view and it looks to be a very beautiful day. Going to go hunt a decent breakfast now.

PP

PANO_20120218_072246.jpg

I promise loads more pics when I get on board. :-)

Have a wonderful cruise. I love the EN. Make sure you are outside when you sail under the first bridge. The EN does not have the day of week carpet in the elevator (lift).

The sail away is beautiful if the weather is sunny the large US flag at Fort Mchenry will be flying - this makes for a very nice picture. We sail in 6 weeks

I had completely forgotten about the carpets in the elevator!! How that could happen I never know :confused: we found out the secret last year of how they changed it. And it helped so much when coming out the nightclub at 4 in the morning and you realise that you have been in there for hours!

Will Be following the post with intent to see how you do! Have a wonderful time!!!

CK x

Enchantment elevators do not have the carpet insert with the day of the week on it. The only ships we've been on and that have it are Freedom and Explorer. So, it's the larger/newer ships that have it.

The weather today should be sunny for sailaway. Tomorrow is a different story and you may encounter some rougher seas as the storm will be moving up/off the coast.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! We love Enchantment and will be sailing on her in 29 days!

Be sure to get to the port early-normally they will start to board around 11:30 unless the ship is late getting in this morning. And the earlier you get on board the sooner you can start your cruise!

Have a great time!

Have a wonderful cruise. I love the EN. Make sure you are outside when you sail under the first bridge. The EN does not have the day of week carpet in the elevator (lift).

The sail away is beautiful if the weather is sunny the large US flag at Fort Mchenry will be flying - this makes for a very nice picture. We sail in 6 weeks

Viking Crown Lounge also has a great view of the bridge.

Oh yes I almost forgot about the bridges! The first one is the Key Bridge and the ship will be sailing under it about 45 minutes after sailaway. The second is the Cheseapeake Bay Bridge and that will happen around 6 p.m. if your sailing is at 4 p.m.

If it's not too cold and/or windy try to be out on deck for the first bridge. You'll think the ship will not fit under it:eek:! The Viking Lounge also has a great view but I think it's more fun to be outside if you can.

Archived