Im 42, no kids, and I booked the characters breakfast

ryano

Yes, I think that you are crazy. I would not be caught at any place with creatures running around. The only time that I enjoyed it was when I was with my daughter. Otherwise, no way no how.

I would also not cruise with a stuffed animal or decorate the door.

Yikes!

:p

I'll probably drag my DH kicking and screaming to the Character Breakfast. Or let him sleep in. What can I say, some of us just haven't grown up.

No jokes from me.

I am 49- DH is 48, childfree and plan on going to the character breakfast and will be the ones upfront at the parade. We go to all the Disney and dream works movies that come out. We are 2 over grown kids. What was that Toys r us commercial? "I dont want to grow up- I want to be a toys r us kid"

That's us!

Enjoy and take lots of pics!!

I can understand why someone with no kids would be interested (I'm sure many with kids as well). However, having raised three kids I am so happy not to have to do this sort of thing! I've been there, done that so many times it holds no appeal. Now, when grandchildren enter the picture, it will be a whole different story.

I can understand why someone with no kids would be interested (I'm sure many with kids as well). However, having raised three kids I am so happy not to have to do this sort of thing! I've been there, done that so many times it holds no appeal. Now, when grandchildren enter the picture, it will be a whole different story.

I'm with you. Maybe some day when I have grand kids too. Until then, I'm not ready.:)

I'm a kid at heart, too. Haven't been on a ship with the Dreamworks characters yet, but I would definitely book it - especially since it's free. I'm not sure I'd pay the upcharge to do it with Nickelodeon characters on NCL (mostly because idk Nick characters).

Disney characters are my favorite... I book a character meal or five everytime I visit WDW.

To quote particularly pertinent lines of an oldie but goodie:

And if you should survive to 105

Look at all you'll derive out of being alive

Then here is the best part, you have a head start

If you are among the very young at heart

Have fun!

Let the jokes begin! :p

Am I crazy? :confused::D:cool:

No. Just be sure you are seated with the others for the breakfast. I have no kids, am 33 years old and a big kid at heart. On my recent Oasis cruise I was not seated with the character breakfast folks even after having my name checked off on the list, telling 3 different waiters they had seated me in the wrong section. So I got sat with the old folks on the opposite side. I was extremely angry and couldn't even eat when a waiter brought me a menu. After 30 mins I left. Royal never made it up to me even after I went to guest services to complain. They called me 3 times to apologize and made empty promises but never really made it a point to get me pictures with the characters at all. All Royal said was there are meet and greet times for other locations on the ship and on other mornings. My point was I came to the character breakfast to avoid running all over the ship to locate most of them and I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn just to do it again. So be sure you get seated in the correct section.

On my recent Oasis cruise I was not seated with the character breakfast folks even after having my name checked off on the list, telling 3 different waiters they had seated me in the wrong section.

That's odd, they had two distinct lines when I was on the Oasis this month. One for the breakfast and the other (as they called it) for the adults. They took our side all in at once and we sat at a table for two since we had no kids with us.

I am with you. Save it for the kiddies .

Happy cruising!

Teddie

Just to clarify. I am not a total "Scrooge". I LOVE Disney; I think it can be a very romantic place :)

BUT---I don't need characters on my cruise.

Have fun, no matter how!

Teddie

No. Just be sure you are seated with the others for the breakfast. I have no kids, am 33 years old and a big kid at heart. On my recent Oasis cruise I was not seated with the character breakfast folks even after having my name checked off on the list, telling 3 different waiters they had seated me in the wrong section. So I got sat with the old folks on the opposite side. I was extremely angry and couldn't even eat when a waiter brought me a menu. After 30 mins I left. Royal never made it up to me even after I went to guest services to complain. They called me 3 times to apologize and made empty promises but never really made it a point to get me pictures with the characters at all. All Royal said was there are meet and greet times for other locations on the ship and on other mornings. My point was I came to the character breakfast to avoid running all over the ship to locate most of them and I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn just to do it again. So be sure you get seated in the correct section.

Seriously?

DH and I booked it for our TA in April on Liberty OTS. I can't imagine there will be too many children on board for this particular sailing, so it will probably end up being a party for big kids.

Ironically that's how I view the people that drink and party....characters I don't need on my cruise. :D

Sent from my Droid Charge with Tapatalk.

Your irony is lost on me. What does drinking and partying have to do with all this?

Teddie

Your irony is lost on me. What does drinking and partying have to do with all this?

Just like you don't need "cartoon" characters on your cruise I can do without the "drinking" and "partying" characters. My point was that everyone has many types of people they don't approve of, don't like, don't understand, or whatever else you want to call it. But I won't criticize or laugh at someone for wanting to hang out the bar with them. I just won't do it myself, so I don't go into those places. Just like you choose not to attend a character breakfast, right? I didn't go on my cruise to hang out in a bar and party until 2am like many others did, I went to have fun and laugh doing the things I personally like and went to bed at 11pm every night. I didn't go on a bar hop in Cozumel or hang out at the beach, I went and saw amazing history instead. We all like different things and should respect that.

Archived