When do you need to register Carnival stock to get the on-board credit?

calteacher

Can you please explain to us exactly how this all works...what sort of OBC do you get with 100 shares? What are the benefits?

If you own at least 100 shares of CCL stock, you will receive on-board credit, to be applied to any and all your on-board expenses. The amount is per cabin, and is based on the length of your cruise:

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer - $250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days - $100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less - $50

• 2 months later...

We are going on a 26 B2B Princess TransAtlantic/Med Cruise and returning on a 7 Day QM2. Do we get the $250 for the Princess and $100 for the Cunard? Also, I can't seem to find a yearly limit? Is there one?

Thanks.

If your TA fills out the paperwork properly you should get shipnoard credit for both cruises since they are on different ships.

There is no limit.

There used to be a time when we cruised 4 and 5 times a year -- and we got the Carnival shipboard credit for each cruise.

We are going on a 26 B2B Princess TransAtlantic/Med Cruise and returning on a 7 Day QM2. Do we get the $250 for the Princess and $100 for the Cunard? Also, I can't seem to find a yearly limit? Is there one?

Thanks.

It looks like this is three cruises. If it's a B2B and QM2, you'll get OBC for all three cruises. You have to make sure you apply for all of them. Each is a separate credit.

It looks like this is three cruises. If it's a B2B and QM2, you'll get OBC for all three cruises. You have to make sure you apply for all of them. Each is a separate credit.

I have heard from friends who cruise a lot that the application of 2 stock credits for a B2B cruise can vary. One set of friends have an extremely good travel agent, and for their 14 day Rome to Rome, followed by a 17 day Transatlantic cruise last year, they got $250.00 stock credit for each cruise. However, some other friends were on the same 2 cruises, but this was considered one cruise by HAL, through a different travel agent, and they only got 1 credit of $250.00. Pehaps it depends on how the original booking was done by the travel agent, or perhaps some travel agents have a better relationship with HAL. I don't know why there should be this discrepancy.

Just bought 100 shares today at 30.80. Looks like a good price now down from $40. I will use at least 2 times/year for $100 credit each trip! Seems like a great deal to me!

Yup, seems like a good deal to me too, considering what I paid for the stock a year ago :eek: Oh, don't forget the divendends...if I remember correctly, in addition to the OBC's I received, there were also quarterly stock dividends, amounting to roughly $100 for 100 shares in the past year. Heck, in a few years, I might even break even on what I paid for the stock. Adoremus, you bought at a nice price; enjoy your investment. :) Regards, -S.

I have heard from friends who cruise a lot that the application of 2 stock credits for a B2B cruise can vary. One set of friends have an extremely good travel agent' date=' and for their 14 day Rome to Rome, followed by a 17 day Transatlantic cruise last year, they got $250.00 stock credit for each cruise. However, some other friends were on the same 2 cruises, but this was considered one cruise by HAL, through a different travel agent, and they only got 1 credit of $250.00. Pehaps it depends on how the original booking was done by the travel agent, or perhaps some travel agents have a better relationship with HAL. I don't know why there should be this discrepancy.[/quote']

Hi luvincsin. I believe it depends on how the booking was make. If booked as one cruise, the max is 250USD for voyages 14 days or longer. But if booked as two different voyages: One 14 day voyage would mean 250USD OBC and one 17 day voyage would get another 250USD OBC IF BOOKED AS SEPERATE VOYAGES.

The maximum benefit is 250USD for US bookings 14 days or longer.<---per segment

I believe I have the math down right, but please double check -see

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Regards,

Salacia - not a wizz at math, so please double check ;)

Hi

I might be looking to but the stock as a solo traveler and probably once a year cruiser. I am aslo a Mariner If you get the $250 credit. does this mean you lose 250 off your daily count for mariner points?

Thanks

Mary

[quote=Watson's aunt;33861936]If you get the $250 credit. does this mean you lose 250 off your daily count for mariner points?[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]No. Bonus days are based on amount of spending attached to your booking. The source of payment does not enter into consideration when calculating the bonus days. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=Watson's aunt;33861936]Hi

I might be looking to but the stock as a solo traveler and probably once a year cruiser. I am aslo a Mariner If you get the $250 credit. does this mean you lose 250 off your daily count for mariner points?

Thanks

Mary[/quote]

No. The Mariner credit is based on what you spend - not how you pay for it. The OBC is one of several manners in which you can pay for on-board charges (the more common ones being cash and credit cards).

Archived