"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / February 27, 2012

Your speed is now 17.4 kts. That's very good. Have there been any announcements about the ship? I think it's fixed!

Sudsy

PS

On my last cruise (Pride Jan 15-22, 2012) we did about 17 kts most of the time. The Pride has the same top speed (23kts) as the ENoS. 17.4 is a good economy cruise speed if the ship is running normally.

Sudsy:D

Big crash lap 1 Daytona.

First caution in the race coincides with the EOS arrival off to me east. Lookin swift but noticed what looks to be flashing blue lights abreast of the ship. Maybe a speeding ticket with all that new found power?

More likely the "Maryland Fun Police" stopping by to tell them the fee's are going up!:eek:

My registration for my little boat just went from $24.50 to $125.00!!! I can't even figure the percentage, like 300% maybe!!!:eek:

She's fixed I bet!

Why do you keep saying that. No one has said it's fixed. Just because she's doing 18 knots doesn't mean anything. She was up to 19.5 coming back from Nassau.

This thread was started as a place for those actually ON the cruise to post. Let's wait and hear what they have to say, okay?

Why do you keep saying that. No one has said it's fixed. Just because she's doing 18 knots doesn't mean anything. She was up to 19.5 coming back from Nassau.

This thread was started as a place for those actually ON the cruise to post. Let's wait and hear what they have to say, okay?

I am optimistic!

Sudsy:)

Hi all, I am on the Enchantment and we are having a blast. No mention of the ship's problems except we alll received a letter from the captain telling us of our new itinerary and the OBC (no $ amount mentioned in the letter - I assume it's the $175 that has been mentioned by others).

Lots of helicopters from various news channels flew by as we were leaving port - don't know if that's normal or just due to an accident on 95?

Several of our roll call met in the Viking Lounge after muster. It was great to put faces to names. Our M&M is scheduled for sometime tomorrow (noon?).

Also, the weather was great in Baltimore today for our departure.

The welcome back show was fun and everyone is in a good mood. The food in the MDR was great tonight and service was excellent. No complaints.

On a funny note, one of my pieces of luggage didn't show up and I got called down to the naughty room. I was surprised because although I've always considered smuggling, I thought it would be embarrassing to get caught and never had the nerve. Anyway, for some reason they thought that I had an iron in my suitcase. No iron and no big deal. I'm pretty sure that next time I cruise if I get called to the naughty room it will be for something well actually naughty :D

Hi all, I am on the Enchantment and we are having a blast. No mention of the ship's problems except we alll received a letter from the captain telling us of our new itinerary and the OBC (no $ amount mentioned in the letter - I assume it's the $175 that has been mentioned by others).

Lots of helicopters from various news channels flew by as we were leaving port - don't know if that's normal or just due to an accident on 95?

Several of our roll call met in the Viking Lounge after muster. It was great to put faces to names. Our M&M is scheduled for sometime tomorrow (noon?).

Also, the weather was great in Baltimore today for our departure.

The welcome back show was fun and everyone is in a good mood. The food in the MDR was great tonight and service was excellent. No complaints.

On a funny note, one of my pieces of luggage didn't show up and I got called down to the naughty room. I was surprised because although I've always considered smuggling, I thought it would be embarrassing to get caught and never had the nerve. Anyway, for some reason they thought that I had an iron in my suitcase. No iron and no big deal. I'm pretty sure that next time I cruise if I get called to the naughty room it will be for something well actually naughty :D

Sounds like yall are off to a good start. Wish I was there!

Just found this. I expect it to be on the news right now. Some of you are on this report.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=185161

Big fire at Daytona after car hits jet dryer and both catch fire. Been cleaning that up for over an hour.

You may have to cut and paste it.

Just found this. I expect it to be on the news right now. Some of you are on this report.

Big fire at Daytona after car hits jet dryer and both catch fire. Been cleaning that up for over an hour.

Personally, I found this to be not much of a news story.

Well you dropped off the AIS just after the MD/VA line in the bay. The Daytona race is just over Kenseth 1st, Dale Jr. 2nd, Biffle 3rd.

I'll check for updates tomorrow but have a great time. Probably won't see you on the tracker until you get almost to Tortola. Oh yea. I sure remember a lot of wild chickens there. Living in woods and around dumpsters.

You just found a story from January 16th? That story has nothing to do with the current propulsion issues. It's about the Concordia disaster and people's feelings about cruising after hearing about it. Did you even watch it? I couldnt' even get the video to load, but if you read the narrative below it, you'd see it's a story from over a month ago.

TO BND

Sorry, after reading the above I did a search for Enchantment of the Sea news and it lead me to the video that I MISTAKENLY TOOK FOR CURRENT. i THOUGHT IT WAS A NEW ADDITION TO THE STORY THAT THEY ORIGINALLY DID. I MADE A MISTAKE. I SURE HOPE I WILL BE FORGIVEN.

Yes I did read it and I was able to watch the video.

Sudsy

I'M reporting in from MEET AND MINGLE:

THE SHIP: EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL. I do not know if the repair has been done but we are sailing at what feels like a normal speed. The SHIP IS SPOTLESS AND THE CREW IS AWESOME.

OR ROLL CALL GROUP: THE MOST ACTIVE AND UPBEAT GROUP EVER. We all are sporting huge smiles and laughing a lot. The group met in the Viking Crown after muster and almost everyone was there.

THE TWO OF US had the absolute BEST first day the we have ever had.

The ONLY negative is that ALL OF YOU ARE NOT HERE.

Gil and Gail

Archived