New to Princess - Coffee and Soda Cards

Is the coffee card transferable? Can my travelling partner use my card to get herself a specialty coffee? I'm guessing as long as the card gets punched for every purchase, they shouldn't have a problem.

Is the coffee card transferable? Can my travelling partner use my card to get herself a specialty coffee? I'm guessing as long as the card gets punched for every purchase, they shouldn't have a problem.

Yes anyone can use the punches. :)

Great thanks Colo Cruiser. Would you know if the coffee card can get me unlimited brewed coffee at places other than the international cafe? For ex at princess live cafe or in the MDRS or any bar or restaurant?

• 3 years later...
How much are the coffee cards currently if i purchase them while at sea?

From one of my current bookings.

Premium Coffee Card$35.65 per punch card (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our Premium Coffee Card that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

From one of my current bookings.

This is pre purchase, if onboard add 20%

Premium Coffee Card$35.65 per punch card (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our Premium Coffee Card that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise.

Price on board should be the same as pre-purchase.

The "save 20%" refers to purchasing 15 individual specialty coffee drinks instead getting a coffee card.

Your totally unused card can be used:

1. For any specialty, but not unlimited brewed.

2. For any specialty with brewed getting a punch too

3. For exchange to a new card on that specific ship, which will give you the 15 punches and all the fresh brewed; but only for the duration of that cruise.

4. For any specialty and even if you don't use all the punches, you can still use what's left on your next cruise.

Did I cover it all?

I didn't know you can do that. Thanks for the info.

I have a friend that wants to know can you get 2 brewed and/or 2 specialty coffees at the same time with 1 card?

Yes to the two specialties as they will punch the card twice.

It is supposed to be "no" to the two fresh brewed as it is supposed to be one at a time with the card. Sometimes though it will be allowed.

No longer matters. Coffee card is now ship/cruise specific, so you can no longer save it to use on a subsequent cruise.

I just used a leftover coffee card from the Caribbean while we were on the Island. No problem using the card for specialty coffees.

Your totally unused card can be used:

1. For any specialty, but not unlimited brewed.

2. For any specialty with brewed getting a punch too

3. For exchange to a new card on that specific ship, which will give you the 15 punches and all the fresh brewed; but only for the duration of that cruise.

4. For any specialty and even if you don't use all the punches, you can still use what's left on your next cruise.

Did I cover it all?

Thanks for the info, but didn't you just say (above) that it's cruise specific and can't be used on another ship? Or did I misunderstand?

I just used a leftover coffee card from the Caribbean while we were on the Island. No problem using the card for specialty coffees.

Thanks for the info, but didn't you just say (above) that it's cruise specific and can't be used on another ship? Or did I misunderstand?

Post is from 2012.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1584734

According to this thread, old and new coffee cards are still usuable as long as there are punches left. What has changed is that the unlimited brewed coffee is only given on the cruise on which the card is purchased.

That was our experience too. But also, if I got a brewed coffee with the old card, they punched it.

By brewed coffee do you mean Espresso?

We are going on a Princess cruise (first time - so don't understand any of this : ))

If my husband only drinks espresso coffee (3 a day) is it worth it to get a coffee card and how much is that card? DO you need to carry around your own cup?

I only drink water. Is that available everywhere for free or do I have to bring on bottled water?

Thank you.

There is coffee in the buffet area and it's not brewed, rather it's a coffee concentrate. I don't care for it but hubby has no problem with it.

If you buy the coffee card (on our Cruise in April/May) it was in the $33-35 range with the gratuity. Sometimes you get a mug with the purchase and some times you pay $5 for the mug, but you don't need to carry it unless you want to. The coffee comes in a real cup if you drink it at the International Cafe or paper cups if you want it to go. I always order a large because it the same punch for either size.

I know everyone says the tap water is fine, but I don't care for it so I either bring my Brita filter bottle or I pre-order bottled water for the cabin. You can also carry it on if don't mind lugging it.

Had you been following CC, you would not have been surprised. Unlimited brewed on old cards was eliminated at the end of 2011. Your 10 punches will remain until you choose to use them, but you also could have used them for brewed if you so desired. I wouldn't point a finger at any one person, since the card was never meant to be use for a lifetime.

Agree.

When was that started? I never got a mug with coffee card, never even saw one available with extra charge.

We saw it on the Crown in 2014 and they charged us $5/travel mug. Last month on the Island, I never saw it offered.