Coffee Card Change

traveling1969

Our friends are currently on the Emerald. They said that now coffee cards are cruise specific and good for that cruise only. If you have one with unused punches, you can exchange it. Oh well, I guess it was inevitable.

Harry

Yeah, they implemented this a few months ago. If you have leftover punches you can use them on future cruises, but can't use it to get unlimited brewed coffee, that is only good for the dates on the card.

Mike

Our friends are currently on the Emerald. They said that now coffee cards are cruise specific and good for that cruise only. If you have one with unused punches, you can exchange it. Oh well, I guess it was inevitable.

Harry

You can use the old card until it's all punched out. However, even if you only want plain brewed, using the old card that too would be a punch.

I wonder if they will ever change the unlimited brewed coffee. You can get a lot of it on the longer cruises. We have a 30 day one comnig up. 3 or 4 cups a day and you can throw away all the punches and still get a good deal.

Yeah, they implemented this a few months ago. If you have leftover punches you can use them on future cruises, but can't use it to get unlimited brewed coffee, that is only good for the dates on the card.

Mike

Too bad, my coffee card is about five cruises old.

Chuck

Harry

I have an used coffee card with 13 punches left. I will be going on a 16-day Emerald cruise in less than 2 months, and I am sure I will not have any problem using up the 13 punches. You said "you can exchange it", does that mean I can give them my old card, and they will exchange it to the new card (with only 13 punches left)? If so, then can I use the new card for unlimited coffee and tea during my 16-day cruise?

Thanks.

I have an used coffee card with 13 punches left. I will be going on a 16-day Emerald cruise in less than 2 months, and I am sure I will not have any problem using up the 13 punches. You said "you can exchange it", does that mean I can give them my old card, and they will exchange it to the new card (with only 13 punches left)? If so, then can I use the new card for unlimited coffee and tea during my 16-day cruise?

Thanks.

I believe they will honor your card for the unused punches but not for free brewed coffee. You would have to purchase another for that.

I believe they will honor your card for the unused punches but not for free brewed coffee. You would have to purchase another for that.

That's not fair, they should honour the card as it was purchased according to the t&c at purchase. I can't sell a product with a 10 year warranty, then change the terms later on.

Thanks.

I believe the exchange is only if you have any unused coffee card.

Too bad, my coffee card is about five cruises old.

Chuck

Such usage is why they changed the program to eliminate lifetime free coffee.

That's not fair, they should honour the card as it was purchased according to the t&c at purchase. I can't sell a product with a 10 year warranty, then change the terms later on.

This has been discussed very often in the past few months since the changes have been implemented. The bottom line has been that there was nothing in writing and that verbal promises are unenforceable. The only thing in writing on the back of the card says "Present this card when receiving your specialty coffee and your server will punch a hole into one of the crowns" with nothing about free coffee for life as long as you have one punch remaining on your card.

Some were so upset that they were considering legal action but good luck finding an attorney who will handle such a trivial claim. Passengers took advantage of the loophole in the procedure and now Princess has decided to close that loophole which makes sense to me.

Such usage is why they changed the program to eliminate lifetime free coffee.

This has been discussed very often in the past few months since the changes have been implemented. The bottom line has been that there was nothing in writing and that verbal promises are unenforceable. The only thing in writing on the back of the card says "Present this card when receiving your specialty coffee and your server will punch a hole into one of the crowns" with nothing about free coffee for life as long as you have one punch remaining on your card.

Some were so upset that they were considering legal action but good luck finding an attorney who will handle such a trivial claim. Passengers took advantage of the loophole in the procedure and now Princess has decided to close that loophole which makes sense to me.

That they did.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bob

I have 2 unused cards bought last year I had obc left so used it Will they exchange one for the specific cruise one do you think

Yes. Definitely. A totally unused card can be exchanged for a new one on that specific cruise.

Yes. Definitely. A totally unused card can be exchanged for a new one on that specific cruise.

Thanks Pia that means we can change one for the Sun next week and save one for the Grand next year :)

I have two cards left. One totally unused, and one with 13 punches left. If "a totally unused card can be exchanged for a new one on that specific cruise", then with the "newly exchanged" card, will I be able to get free tea and unlimited brewed coffee for that specific cruise?

Thank you.

I have two cards left. One totally unused, and one with 13 punches left. If "a totally unused card can be exchanged for a new one on that specific cruise", then with the "newly exchanged" card, will I be able to get free tea and unlimited brewed coffee for that specific cruise?

Thank you.

That's correct. A totally unused card is being exchanged for a new one on said ship and that one will give you the 15 punches as well as unlimited brewed and designer tea. However, once that cruise is over, if you haven't used your punches, they won't carry forward to another ship. Ship's name and date of cruise is written on the back of each new card.

That's correct. A totally unused card is being exchanged for a new one on said ship and that one will give you the 15 punches as well as unlimited brewed and designer tea. However, once that cruise is over, if you haven't used your punches, they won't carry forward to another ship. Ship's name and date of cruise is written on the back of each new card.

Thank you Pia! :)

My next cruise will be a 16-day cruise, I shouldn't have any problem using the 15 punches.

Are you sure? I thought the punches would carry forward, but the free brewed wouldn't.

Are you sure? I thought the punches would carry forward, but the free brewed wouldn't.

That was also my reading of the new arrangements. Can anyone who has used an old card on a different ship confirm or deny this please :confused:

That was also my reading of the new arrangements. Can anyone who has used an old card on a different ship confirm or deny this please :confused:

Yes. I used my old card on the Grand for two weeks; Feb. 4th to 18th. Still have more punches left between my card and and my husband's card.

Okay -- now I'm really confused. I understand that the new cards are cruise specific but this is what the Princess site has listed as the "conditions" for the card:

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

This implies that brewed coffee is STILL complimentary (not requiring a crown to be punched) with a card -- are people finding that NOT to be true? Or are they only punching out a crown for brewed coffee if you're using an old card??? Or is the site simply not updated (GASP...) I guess I can wait and find out once aboard but I DO like knowing what to expect...

Okay -- now I'm really confused. I understand that the new cards are cruise specific but this is what the Princess site has listed as the "conditions" for the card:

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

This implies that brewed coffee is STILL complimentary (not requiring a crown to be punched) with a card -- are people finding that NOT to be true? Or are they only punching out a crown for brewed coffee if you're using an old card??? Or is the site simply not updated (GASP...) I guess I can wait and find out once aboard but I DO like knowing what to expect...

New card = 15 specialty punches + unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea; cruise specific.

Old Card = a punch for whatever you purchase until punches are depleted. Anything you get with an old card gets a punch.

Archived