New to Princess - Coffee and Soda Cards

By brewed coffee do you mean Espresso?

We are going on a Princess cruise (first time - so don't understand any of this : ))

If my husband only drinks espresso coffee (3 a day) is it worth it to get a coffee card and how much is that card? DO you need to carry around your own cup?

I only drink water. Is that available everywhere for free or do I have to bring on bottled water?

Thank you.

Espresso would be considered a specialty coffee; if he drinks three per day, the coffee card would definitely be the way to go as he'd save money over buying them individually. The card is about $31 all in (i.e., inclusive of the 15% gratuity). Yes, you would need to have it with you in order to use it -- they take a punch out of it for each specialty coffee you order, so no card, no punch and no punch, no espresso!!

Tap water is available everywhere free. The ship's water is purified/filtered so it tastes like bottled water rather than nasty tap water on land. There is also bottled water sold onboard, should you need some to carry off on an excursion.

No. Brewed coffee is just that; made from coffee beans and that costs extra. Princess free coffee is made from a concentrate.

We are going on a Princess cruise (first time - so don't understand any of this : ))

If my husband only drinks espresso coffee (3 a day) is it worth it to get a coffee card and how much is that card? DO you need to carry around your own cup?

No, you don't need your own cup. If he buys a coffee card to cover espresso costs, he can also get unlimited brewed.

I only drink water. Is that available everywhere for free or do I have to bring on bottled water?

Thank you.

Bottled water very expensive on ship. Bring your own if that's what you prefer.

Bottled water very expensive on ship. Bring your own if that's what you prefer.

Thanks for the replies.

No I am happy with filtered water. I am not fussy.

$31 for a coffee card is that for 7 days?He will have 2 shots with or without the extra water!

Edited by paddingtonbear

Thank you.

If your husband only drinks Espresso he should not purchase a coffee card. They only cost $1.75 each and he will have to use one of his 15 punches for each cup. Purchased individually that would be $26.25 plus gratuity.

If your husband only drinks Espresso he should not purchase a coffee card. They only cost $1.75 each and he will have to use one of his 15 punches for each cup. Purchased individually that would be $26.25 plus gratuity.

I think he will go for the card anyway because gratuities are included. The idea of tipping scares the life out of both of us.

Specifically, post # 29.

Sorry Stevesan,

I don't understand what you are saying here? :confused:

DW and I enjoy real coffee, so for us the coffee card was a steal on Sea Pricesss Feb 20 to NZ.

Wait staff served regular coffee to those who wanted it at breakfast, then took our card to the barista, and brought back very large cappucinos double strength. No problems. Same at lunch or dinner.

The iced coffees and mochas were obtained using the same card, jncluding at the Wheelhouse Bar. If you like specialty coffee, the card is the way to go.

So i saw someone mention you could pre-order Soda and Coffee cards on the Princess website. I have searched that site and can't find the info on how to order either cards. Anyone know where to go?

Go to Princess.com.

Hit onboard experience on the lower left

Hit Gifts and Services

Hit Princess cellars

You'll find if after the wine selections

I think he will go for the card anyway because gratuities are included. The idea of tipping scares the life out of both of us.

Gratuities are included whether you buy the soda sticker or individual sodas. Same with coffee.

Just learned from this thread about the unlimited "brewed" coffee through the coffee card. Going on the Diamond for 7 days in May and have the following questions:

1) since there is no International cafe on the Diamond, where can we use our coffee card for the unlimited "brewed" coffee?

2) are we allow to ask for 2 "brewed" coffee at the same time with only one coffee card?

3) is the "brewed" coffee more like Starbuck, and the free ones from HC and MDR like instant coffee?

4) can I order 2 specialty coffees at the same time using one coffee card and they would just do 2 punches on the card?

4) just to confirm the "brewed" coffee will not use any of the 15 punches on the card and I would still get 15 specialty coffees from the card?

Just learned from this thread about the unlimited "brewed" coffee through the coffee card. Going on the Diamond for 7 days in May and have the following questions:

1) since there is no International cafe on the Diamond, where can we use our coffee card for the unlimited "brewed" coffee?

Deck 5 bar and also in the internet cafe. Internet room only does coffee until 10:30 AM

2) are we allow to ask for 2 "brewed" coffee at the same time with only one coffee card?

You can ask, but you probably won't get.

3) is the "brewed" coffee more like Starbuck, and the free ones from HC and MDR like instant coffee?

Very hard to describe the regular coffee; not like anything comparable. It's made from a concentrate.

4) can I order 2 specialty coffees at the same time using one coffee card and they would just do 2 punches on the card?

Yes. That's perfectly fine.

4) just to confirm the "brewed" coffee will not use any of the 15 punches on the card and I would still get 15 specialty coffees from the card?

Exactly.

Sorry I am confused again.

Specialty coffee = espresso

Brewed = instant?? / concentrate???

Starbucks is espresso (ground coffee) made into whatever isn't it?

Princess coffee is made from a syrup concentrate. Brewed is made from coffee beans. Princess coffee does not even come into the same ballpark as espresso or Starbucks.

Thank you so much for all your coffee/soda advice. It's just what I was looking for. I figured they had these programs just didn't know where to look. You've answered all my questions for my Star Princess trip.

Don't know if you guys know the answer but I saw some very reasonably priced canapes. Wondered whether that's a sail away delievery or you can have it any day.

With a balcony I thought it would be nice to have that:)

Thank you so much for all your coffee/soda advice. It's just what I was looking for. I figured they had these programs just didn't know where to look. You've answered all my questions for my Star Princess trip.

Don't know if you guys know the answer but I saw some very reasonably priced canapes. Wondered whether that's a sail away delievery or you can have it any day.

With a balcony I thought it would be nice to have that:)

Not worth the money. I can get them free some days and turn them down. Just take some cheese and crackers and whatever else you want from Horizon Ct and have that on your balcony.