Infinity - Sky Suite... 6131/6131...6145/6146

Tom-n-Cheryl

I am considering switching our Alaska sailing on the NCL Jewel to the Infinity. Right now all 4 "desirable" Sky Suites are showing as available.

What I have gathered from some reading is:

6131/32 have a larger balcony, but most of it is not private.... 6145/46 is private, but somewhat smaller. Is there still a table and loungers on those two?

6145/46 have a larger cabin, and a much larger bathroom, but the downside is a much smaller closet (is it really THAT small?) and reports of lots of sound (talking, piano, etc...) from the Penthouse.

Can anyone here give their first hand opinion on any of these cabins? Pictures would be great too!!

Of course, two Royal Suites are still available... for a mere $3,200 more! This is a big trip for us... so that could justify a pricier suite... DECISIONS DECISIONS!!

THANKS,

Tom

6145 does have less closet space, it has only 1 closet rather than 2. For a 1 week cruise it shouldn't be a problem. On a 2 week one you will notice the lack os closets. The finishes in the cabin & bathroom are finished like the penthouse.

The RS are some of the best suites on the ship. The space and finishes are great. Hottub on the deck and a walkin closest.

You will not go wrong with either 6145 or a RS,.

Have a great cruise.

6145 does have less closet space, it has only 1 closet rather than 2. For a 1 week cruise it shouldn't be a problem. On a 2 week one you will notice the lack os closets. The finishes in the cabin & bathroom are finished like the penthouse.

The RS are some of the best suites on the ship. The space and finishes are great. Hottub on the deck and a walkin closest.

You will not go wrong with either 6145 or a RS,.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks. Hopefully with the Solsticizing they have removed the dark wood that I have seen in the photos... still looking for updated photos.

Tom

We were in 6145 on Summit and LOVED it. For us, the diminshed closet space and single door onto the balcony were FAR outweighed by the huge bathroom w/separate tub & shower and the beautiful woodwork that matches that in the adjacent Penthouse. If we had to select between 6131 and 6145, it wouldn't even be a decision. But that's just us! Good luck with whichever you choose and have a wonderful cruise.

We were in 6145 on Summit and LOVED it. For us, the diminshed closet space and single door onto the balcony were FAR outweighed by the huge bathroom w/separate tub & shower and the beautiful woodwork that matches that in the adjacent Penthouse. If we had to select between 6131 and 6145, it wouldn't even be a decision. But that's just us! Good luck with whichever you choose and have a wonderful cruise.

We had 6145 on Summit also and totally agree! I liked the decor but imagine its been updated after the Solsticizing. What was really great was the HUGE bathroom with double sinks, tub, walk in shower and marble.

We had ample room in the closet; there are also a lot of shelves in the TV cabinet and the desk area. There are pics in my links below. We only heard voices and piano music from the PH a couple of times...no biggie The balcony was quite large - very wide. Room for loungers and a table and chairs. (hopefully they have been updated too). We actually have this sky suite booked for next January.

We did see a Royal Suite and would certainly love to stay in one of these but they are quite a bit pricier than the Sky Suite....some day.

We had 6145 after solticizing (sp?) our in-laws had 6146: it was a Baltic 14 night cruise. The dark woods were still there but I really liked them. The softgoods were changed. The cabin has smaller balcony doors so it's a bit darker but not much. My hubby and I found the storage more than adequate. We could hear the piano from the penthouse but only at dinner time. It was really not an issue. I would take the room again in a heartbeat: it was GREAT!!!

Thanks for all the tips and photo links - as always, you guys are most helpful!!

I see that the title of this thread was not "correct", listing 6131 twice and omitting 6132 --- not a hanging offense though - LOL! (In the US at any rate... YIKES)

Tom

Tom, we had 6146 last year for our Alaska cruise on Infinity. Great room but the furnishings/carpet/bath were a bit tired at that point. Since the Solsticizing, it should be in great shape. We found the closet adequate for a week-long cruise. The balcony is huge.

We did find noise from the PH pretty annoying. We could hear voices, the piano and there is a doorbell (loud buzzer) that apparently is irrestible to kids. We put a couple of pool towels between the adjoining doors but I don't think it made much of a difference. If your neighbors are considerate, it probably won't be a problem but honestly I would hesitate to book this room again because of the noise. Great room otherwise!

Tom, we had 6146 last year for our Alaska cruise on Infinity. Great room but the furnishings/carpet/bath were a bit tired at that point. Since the Solsticizing, it should be in great shape. We found the closet adequate for a week-long cruise. The balcony is huge.

We did find noise from the PH pretty annoying. We could hear voices, the piano and there is a doorbell (loud buzzer) that apparently is irrestible to kids. We put a couple of pool towels between the adjoining doors but I don't think it made much of a difference. If your neighbors are considerate, it probably won't be a problem but honestly I would hesitate to book this room again because of the noise. Great room otherwise!

Good to know. It sounds like the room is, barring the sound issue, the one to go with.

Fortunately, we don't travel ANYWHERE without the two following items - which greatly diminish (mask at least) unwanted sounds.

75434860_4u9Qy-L.jpg

i-vFT4mmM-XL.jpg

Tom

Good to know. It sounds like the room is, barring the sound issue, the one to go with.

Fortunately, we don't travel ANYWHERE without the two following items - which greatly diminish (mask at least) unwanted sounds.

75434860_4u9Qy-L.jpg

i-vFT4mmM-XL.jpg

Tom

In that case, you are cleared for 6145 or 6146!

What date are you sailing? We are in 6147 on the May 11th cruise. It only DH and myself, so I can promise no loud noises!

June 30 -- perhaps we'll be lucky and have considerate neighbors too! :)

Question for you... do you see the "Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer" excursion as an option on your sailing? I don't see it on ours.

Tom

We are recently back from 14 day South America cruise on Infinity and stayed in 6146. The soft goods have been updated and were very nice. That said, the dark wood has not been changed, and certain elements of the suite were rather disappointing - peeled and missing wood trim and holes in the wallpaper where signs/notices had been removed, broken metal protector bars on the glass shelves above the desk, empty socket in the bathroom where the telephone had been removed, etc. The bathtub drain never did work properly the entire cruise, despite being "repaired" once. The curtains, which used to be motorized, no longer open automatically, even though the motor mechanism is still in place and grinds away endlessly when one presses the switch. The latch on the door to the balcony was loose and actually slipped down into the locked position once when I was out on the balcony (luckily my wife was still in the cabin and came to my rescue!). The corner cabinet, which used to house the old-style CRT TV, now seems like a huge waste of space as it houses a sleek LCD screen.

That said, in spite of these flaws we really did enjoy our two weeks in this cabin and would stay here again. The large bathroom was much appreciated and we had a wonderful butler who couldn't do enough for us. Our neighbors in the penthouse were very quiet.

Sorry to hear that the suites weren't fully updated in the Solsticizing process. We had trouble with the motorized blinds in Sky suite 6145 on Summit, they worked erratically. It is such a great space though, especially the bathroom.

We are recently back from 14 day South America cruise on Infinity and stayed in 6146. The soft goods have been updated and were very nice. That said, the dark wood has not been changed, and certain elements of the suite were rather disappointing - peeled and missing wood trim and holes in the wallpaper where signs/notices had been removed, broken metal protector bars on the glass shelves above the desk, empty socket in the bathroom where the telephone had been removed, etc. The bathtub drain never did work properly the entire cruise, despite being "repaired" once. The curtains, which used to be motorized, no longer open automatically, even though the motor mechanism is still in place and grinds away endlessly when one presses the switch. The latch on the door to the balcony was loose and actually slipped down into the locked position once when I was out on the balcony (luckily my wife was still in the cabin and came to my rescue!). The corner cabinet, which used to house the old-style CRT TV, now seems like a huge waste of space as it houses a sleek LCD screen.

That said, in spite of these flaws we really did enjoy our two weeks in this cabin and would stay here again. The large bathroom was much appreciated and we had a wonderful butler who couldn't do enough for us. Our neighbors in the penthouse were very quiet.

Hi Postnobills,

thank you for your honest and detailed review of those elements. We will be in 6146 in May, and it will be our first time in a sky suite. Do you have any tips for future cruisers in 6146? Any things you wish you would have known about the butler, balcony, in-suite meals, etc...would be greatly appreciated.

Also, were you able to eat in Blue, SS, or QSine for free? Thank you very much!

Hi Postnobills,

thank you for your honest and detailed review of those elements. We will be in 6146 in May, and it will be our first time in a sky suite. Do you have any tips for future cruisers in 6146? Any things you wish you would have known about the butler, balcony, in-suite meals, etc...would be greatly appreciated.

Also, were you able to eat in Blue, SS, or QSine for free? Thank you very much!

We were offered a complimentary dinner in Normandie our first night on Summit. Ask your butler if he can get you invites to the bridge tour. Don't miss the afternoon tea treats. here's our wonderful butler, Bart from India, making his daily tea visit. (actually I had cappucino with my treats).

2322324970104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you Christy for the very detailed review and pictures. That's EXACTLY how I want to start every morning on the balcony!

And thank you librarylady for the good advice and information, on this and all the other threads.

Thanks. :D I went ahead and put a deposit on 6145.

Tom

We stayed in 6145 last summer and the bathroom is awesome.

There was piano noise when the little boy was walking on the keys:rolleyes: it seemed, but sometimes they had the player feature on and it was nice.

The room is much larger than any other sky suite. The closet was fine and all luggage slid neatly under the bed.

You can see pics of the room at clr (cruise line rooms dot com) I posted them.

We stayed in 6145 last summer and the bathroom is awesome.

There was piano noise when the little boy was walking on the keys:rolleyes: it seemed, but sometimes they had the player feature on and it was nice.

The room is much larger than any other sky suite. The closet was fine and all luggage slid neatly under the bed.

You can see pics of the room at clr (cruise line rooms dot com) I posted them.

Thanks - I took a look at the photos (all copies of them, LOL)!

Well, I did have a deposit on the cabin, but last night made the decision to stick with our cabin on the Jewel for Alaska this year. The Owner's Suite on the Jewel w/800 sq ft and two balconies (forward "corner" of ship) was too much to resist!

Archived