Concordia customers suing for all of this money, be happy your alive!!!

LittleMiss

Ok so their belongings, but millions? Every day we work and risk our lives just going out of our front doors, sure it was gross negligence, but he is paying for that and so is the corporation. Compensate for what was lost.... Why all the other stuff? I still don't get it, but maybe it's just me...

I would have to agree with you. Can't put a price on a human life - that's "Priceless".

I do feel sorry for those who have lost their lives on board the Concordia.

While it is very apparant from your posts that you think the world revolves around you, it doesn't! Not everyone's insurance coverage is the same, and most people with at least 2 brain cells know that. Did you complete your pre-marital counseling, and did he still marry you?
Check out the nine criteria, I have identified 6.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

LittleMiss: I think you've made a mockery out of this tragedy and the victims who, thankfully, survived it. You label them as greedy but you do not know of their individual circumstances of the horror they went through. The insensitivity in your (and some others') posts are really troubling. Just wait until one of your relatives experiences trauma or you do - hopefully, you'll be able to live with the fact that people will mock your pain and not really care about the effect of their words. Maybe then you'll see....

This is why I said earlier that this was the most ignorant thread yet when I read the title. I read the first post and ws enraged. The fact that its still going erages me more. This tragedy is about so much more than a lawsuit. They were negligent BIG TIME and for the OP to say that the people should be happy to be alive is an insult. A few others agreed:rolleyes: and the ignorant threads on here have quadrupled over the past five years....in the past year...please..:rolleyes:

Hummm...for some reason, I have a feeling that this thread is a study on human emotions. I know Behavioral Health Therapist who run groups on so many uncomfortable subjects. It is about bringing things out of people that would ordinarily stay bottled up. She is encouraging everyone to say how they feel about a topic that many feel is wrong. There are many who feel the same way she is describing, but would never say it out loud. You all don't know it, but I think this is going to be a topic in a BH Group session, or a paper she is writing. I very well may be wrong, but this is my opinion. I don't need anyone to quote me as to the insensitive nature you feel she is going, and why. I am just saying what I think she is doing. OP..you have lots to work with if I am right.

While it is very apparant from your posts that you think the world revolves around you, it doesn't! Not everyone's insurance coverage is the same, and most people with at least 2 brain cells know that. Did you complete your pre-marital counseling, and did he still marry you?

What does whether my fiancé married me or not and if we completed counseling have to do with this? Any one on this thread with at least 1 brain cell knows not to come at me like this or have you not been able to read my post? Do your homework.

I would have to agree with you. Can't put a price on a human life - that's "Priceless".

I do feel sorry for those who have lost their lives on board the Concordia.

Oh without a shadow of a doubt... It was horrific. I am 100% with you

This is why I said earlier that this was the most ignorant thread yet when I read the title. I read the first post and ws enraged. The fact that its still going erages me more. This tragedy is about so much more than a lawsuit. They were negligent BIG TIME and for the OP to say that the people should be happy to be alive is an insult. A few others agreed:rolleyes: and the ignorant threads on here have quadrupled over the past five years....in the past year...please..:rolleyes:

Thanks for your view!! Unfortunately, many of the people on this thread have ventured away from giving views on the Concordia and giving views on me without knowing who I am and what I stand for. See having been a member of cruise critic only for a few years, I have never posted or stirred any pots which means a lot of the things regarding me being Narcissistic, unaware, attention seeking, making things about me etc. can't possibly be true because I would have been doing this long before. I have met many friends on cruise critic and have traveled with many as well. Just to tell you a little about me. One thing for sure is that I noticed during the stint of this thread, there are many people with many views of the Concordia disaster, Hot coffee, and what they think would be considered me. The difficulty is keeping people on the right track and getting them to respond to the post and not to me. Remember, I'm not making this about me really....they are. Thanks again

Check out the nine criteria, I have identified 6.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Again the Concordia? You've identified how the Concordia is Narcissistic? Stay focused because it is apparent that you are dealing with bouts of ADD, and ODD and now since you have become so engulfed with me I am believing OCD Concordia....Concordia... (chanting slowly)

Hummm...for some reason, I have a feeling that this thread is a study on human emotions. I know Behavioral Health Therapist who run groups on so many uncomfortable subjects. It is about bringing things out of people that would ordinarily stay bottled up. She is encouraging everyone to say how they feel about a topic that many feel is wrong. There are many who feel the same way she is describing, but would never say it out loud. You all don't know it, but I think this is going to be a topic in a BH Group session, or a paper she is writing. I very well may be wrong, but this is my opinion. I don't need anyone to quote me as to the insensitive nature you feel she is going, and why. I am just saying what I think she is doing. OP..you have lots to work with if I am right.

No, this is not a study of sorts or even a paper, it's just an opinion. I felt this way and posted. After hearing a lot about the Concordia and the many, many, many lawsuits, I had my take and wondered what was the take on others. Again like I said before "The big white elephant in the room" clearly in all of the world I am not the only one who feels this way, I just said it. And after this thread I wouldn't be surprised if others who felt like me would not step up just because they saw the attacks on me and didn't want to be looked upon as a pot stirrer.

Ok.... Totally Just! 39 people on the Concordia 520+ Million in law suits... Stop it guys.... And that includes as read on another thread at least 20 that walked away unharmed....

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/02/articles/weird-cruise-news/39-costa-concordia-passengers-file-528-million-lawsuit-in-miami-weird-press-conference-follows/

I'm think 14k+ is a very nice compensation for having to go through that ordeal and not be harmed. Plus I'm sure they are all writing a book or selling news stories on top. I think this country is way to sue happy! I'm shocked how many don't think that amount is enough. What would be enough? Do sue happy minds ever think they got enough? jmho

I'm think 14k+ is a very nice compensation for having to go through that ordeal and not be harmed. Plus I'm sure they are all writing a book or selling news stories on top. I think this country is way to sue happy! I'm shocked how many don't think that amount is enough. What would be enough? Do sue happy minds ever think they got enough? jmho

Hey tricky_tink watch what you say in here... You will ruffle the feathers of others and then they come after you like wild crows, pulling your eyes and hair out. Most on this thread obviously believe that this 528 million dollar law suit for 39 people is just and that's not even including the others on the ship. Yup all for the 39 people. Be afraid.... Be very afraid... They're lurking in here waiting for an unexpecting person like yourself that thinks differently and speaks honestly :D

I think the responses on this show a couple things...first of all, people's persective of what constitutes a lot of money is obviously very varied on this board.

From my perspective it is SQUAT...just sayin'....

Another thing that is obvious is some folks genuinely have no clue what those people went through. I suggest to all of you to watch the show that was made for the Discovery Channel that includes live footage. You might change your mind about 14k being a 'lot'.

When I watched the show and the family was interviewed and I thought about being on a ship with my kids going through that.....????????.....

14k is an insult.

The accident was just that, an accident. The things that happened AFTER the ship hit the rocks are what Cotsa needs to pay for. TOTALLY inept leadership. There were crew members (probably with orders from the Captain) telling people to go back to their cabins...that right there was a death sentence to people.

Get outta here with that BS!! When has nightmares ever made anyone miss work???

Surely - as someone who professes to be a therapist - you cannot be serious!?!?

Repeated nightmares have caused people to do a whole lot worse than miss work! Have you ever heard of suicide?

What does whether my fiancé married me or not and if we completed counseling have to do with this? Any one on this thread with at least 1 brain cell knows not to come at me like this or have you not been able to read my post? Do your homework.

My question about your marriage was just an aside. While it may not seem to have anything to do with this to you, I wondered if anyone would be able to actually marry somebody with the personality traits that you have shown ON THIS THREAD. based on that premise I felt it an appropriate question. Well I, unlike you have far more than 1 brain cell, so I have no problem with coming at you like this! Why would anyone be concerned with coming at you with anything? Only you think you're all-powerful!

You tell me since you think you know me...

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but you really should take a break from Cruise Critic for a while. Your posts on the past few threads I've seen you active on have not painted a very good picture of you. You just keep digging your hole deeper and deeper. But whatever - if that suits you, then fine. :rolleyes:

I genuinely cannot believe that this thread is still running and hasn't been closed down and removed. The personal insults in here are absolutely out of control. (From all perspectives).

None of us live in each others homes and therefore we can't testify to the character of who someone is outside of CC. We can only make assumptions based on the small tidbits of information we get here, much of which is normally driven by topics that push buttons.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and to utilize their own mind in any capacity which they see fit. There have been so many things thrown up in this thread which have zero factual foundation. The saying "ignorance is bliss" comes to mind immediately.

To the OP, I completely disagree with a vast majority of what you've posted here. You weren't on the ship and therefore you cannot imagine the terror that these people went through. As for nightmares not causing anyone to miss work, I think you're sadly mistaken. I don't judge you for this because I don't know you. Perhaps you've simply not been privy to the knowledge that can only come from first hand experiences regarding trauma and the after effects which result in things like PTSD. Nightmares cause individuals to lose sleep and sleep deprivation causes people to lose focus, to become somber and to miss work as a result. Severe nightmares cause panic and anxiety and makes an individual unstable and unfit to focus properly on their duties as an employee.

My question about your marriage was just an aside. While it may not seem to have anything to do with this to you, I wondered if anyone would be able to actually marry somebody with the personality traits that you have shown ON THIS THREAD. based on that premise I felt it an appropriate question. Well I, unlike you have far more than 1 brain cell, so I have no problem with coming at you like this! Why would anyone be concerned with coming at you with anything? Only you think you're all-powerful!

Again read the posts and you will see just how ridiculous you sound. You are not worth my time or my patience. You've just started responding to this thread... Get a life and stop consuming yourself with mines....

Archived