Concordia customers suing for all of this money, be happy your alive!!!

LittleMiss

That, or say I accidentally fell into a lifeboat,or worse, a captain's suit.

Now that I like!!! So my point, I am sure you don't believe he tripped fell in a life boat, so why believe what he says about Costa making him do the drive by?

I never said having the money would stop the symptoms. I simply meant that having money can help you manage your life AFTER having a traumatic event, in the event they may suffer from PTSD and may be unable to hold down a job. And I also never said that I would have expected compensation from my own trauma. I was merely telling a story to try to help you understand what the passangers might be going through, and how money beyond just the bare minimal compensation might help them get through the financial struggles that may come from being through an event like this. If my PTSD let me unable to go to school or work, because I was having 20 panic attacks a day (fortunately I don't go through that), then yes, having money would help me pay for the intensive therapy and medications I would not be able to afford since I wouldn't work and would not have any health insurance. I really don't know what to think about the fact that you are a clinical therapist and have a hard time relating to these passengers' trauma.

You have no way of knowing what cases of PTSD would be reported from people who suffer from a natural disaster, because that doesn't sell money in the media. It doesn't make for good news, so it's not talked about. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist for people who go through natural caused disasters.

But more commonly in people who can reap benefit from it

Couldn't agree with you more! All of these lawsuits for things that truly don't cause any long lasting trauma just makes it worse for those who truly do deserve compensation. It's this kind of culture that makes everyone think any kind of lawsuit is just for greed. What a shame.

No really, read my post above to Mr Pete.

You should see the documentary film, Hot Coffee. It was not a frivolous lawsuit.

Once again, I believe your topic is about survivors, not the deceased.

No, the topic was people suing Costa for all of this money, this includes and are not limited to...survivors and families of deceased. But I wrote my thoughts on the deceased earlier.

Now that I like!!! So my point, I am sure you don't believe he tripped fell in a life boat, so why believe what he says about Costa making him do the drive by?

Personally I don't know what to believe and it's not my place to do such anyway.

All these decisions will be made in a court of law, not a cruise message board anyway.

I do believe that LittleMiss was stating her opinion, and everyone was supposed to state theirs. Now it has gone to attacking her opinions. She did not ask you all to agree with her. All you had to do was give your opinion on the topic. Now you have people coming at her about her professional training. Not that she is backing down, but let it go.

I originally had given an opinion, but decided to take it out, because I am not going to get in a cyber mess about this.

LittleMiss...I am giving you "The Look", ok?

And what appears to be a bad voice recorder.

However, look through any life insurance policy. Look at the varying values of body parts etc. that the payout are based on somebody's "something".

Now try to evaluate an intangible, such as grief. Trauma. Terror.

But a price tag? They'll still be terrified and trauma ridden regardless. I'm sorry MrPete but I can agree to disagree with you. That's just the un-circumvented lawyer in me.

No, the topic was people suing Costa for all of this money, this includes and are not limited to...survivors and families of deceased. But I wrote my thoughts on the deceased earlier.

I disagree. You clearly state in your OPD that you don't understand why, if you weren't hurt, you'll be looking for compensation. And you clearly state, that you can understand why those that were hurt and or are deceased would be getting compensation.

I do believe that LittleMiss was stating her opinion, and everyone was supposed to state theirs. Now it has gone to attacking her opinions. She did not ask you all to agree with her. All you had to do was give your opinion on the topic. Now you have people coming at her about her professional training. Not that she is backing down, but let it go.

Thank you INCHARGE.... My sentiments exactly ;-)

Why is it that these Costa Concordia customers are attempting to sue the Carnival Corp for all of this money and most of them were not even hurt? Have we as people gotten so greedy that we have to use a misfortune to become rich? I can see if you really were hurt or a loved one was killed or harmed etc... But Really? If you had the money to sail on the ship for heavens sakes and make it off safely, is that not enough? The Captain is going to Jail and your getting your money back from your cruise. Why am I thoroughly disgusted by this greed?

Consider this: you are arguing that there should be no consequences for gross negligence and incompetence. If the world worked like that there would be no incentive for companies and individuals to perform at their best. If they're good at their job they make money. If they're bad at their job they still make money. It's all awash.

I think companies incompetent enough to hire and promote bad employees and give them heavy responsibilities should lose all their money to law suits.

I disagree. You clearly state in your OPD that you don't understand why, if you weren't hurt, you'll be looking for compensation. And you clearly state, that you can understand why those that were hurt and or are deceased would be getting compensation.

Ok.... I said that

But a price tag? They'll still be terrified and trauma ridden regardless. I'm sorry MrPete but I can agree to disagree with you. That's just the un-circumvented lawyer in me.

Certainly. I've already stated that.

But I certainly don't, or can't, know what my mind would be doing after I went through this experience to know what I would be pursuing in terms of compensation.

If it felt nothing more than going through a live lifeboat drill, I would probably be very happy with the $14,500.

Add panic to that activity? The price Tag goes up significantly.

Consider this: you are arguing that there should be no consequences for gross negligence and incompetence. If the world worked like that there would be no incentive for companies and individuals to perform at their best. If they're good at their job they make money. If they're bad at their job they still make money. It's all awash.

I think companies incompetent enough to hire and promote bad employees and give them heavy responsibilities should lose all their money to law suits.

Ok... So fine the cruise company the Captain is already going to jail for heavens sakes....

No really, read my post above to Mr Pete.

You should see the documentary film, Hot Coffee. It was not a frivolous lawsuit.

Okay, I see your point now. It would be interesting to watch. I guess the point is that we really don't have a right to judge another person's pain. I have no more right to judge the coffee lawsuit when I honestly can't know all of the details either. We can all sit back and pretend like we know what is "right" or "wrong", but we really don't know, and can't know all the details of what a person has gone through. Especially when all we know is what the media tells us. Thanks for clarifying!

Certainly. I've already stated that.

But I certainly don't, or can't, know what my mind would be doing after I went through this experience to know what I would be pursuing in terms of compensation.

If it felt nothing more than going through a live lifeboat drill, I would probably be very happy with the $14,500.

Add panic to that activity? The price Tag goes up significantly.

Doesn't fix it though.... Show me where it fixes it and I will never post to this thread again! Pinky swear

I originally had given an opinion, but decided to take it out, because I am not going to get in a cyber mess about this.

Maybe people have a problem with her giving her opinion 57 times

unless she added to this amount while I was typing.:D

Captain goes to Jail and Cruise line fined.... Period

Oh how quaint, you are pleading for compassion on behalf of the coward captain! Ahhhh, it's heart warming!!!

Not quite Jolimont, but some what on the right track...he has no real money so what do you do? I in no way believe that he wanted to kill anyone nor reck the ship lets get that on the table. But what else is there to do with him other than Jail? It's like beating a dead horse

I believe that the poor people in the Concordia should sue and certainly get more than the 14k plus they are offering.

This accident, was in my opinion was pure negligence. There is no way ( again in my opinion) that it is One man’s fault ( the captain) . There is a chain of command on any ship , many people on the executive staff knew how serious it was a couple of minutes after it struck the reef/ rocks.. The whole engine room was hopelessly flooded!

The whole executive staff/ officers on duty that night should be charged ( not one man as the Company is trying to put forth). Not to mention the company’s past “habit of sailing close to that island for a salute”

One of the benefits of huge lawsuits / payouts is it does act as a deterrent making sure the companies put in place policies that will prevent it from happening again . Hit the company where it hurts

I say that as a long time carnival investor / stockholder.

Archived