Concordia customers suing for all of this money, be happy your alive!!!

LittleMiss

Yes the passengers are entitled to everything they can get and more.

For the one's who lost their life, how can you even put a dollar amount on a human life?

What would you consider a fair amount for your loved one's to receive if you had lost your life on that ship?

Irreplaceable, but like I said before, funeral expenses and loss of income from household, would suffice

Concordia/Carnival knew this captain had brought the ship off course before to pay tribute and waive to former captains and never actually reprimanded or terminated. But you want to let them off of the hook.

He's even allegedly claiming that he was allegedly instructed by Costa to do the drive by salute to the island.

Your topic seems to be talking about the survivors. You are changing the equation.

Just curious what higher education law courses have you taken?

Logistics in law 231, criminal justice 130, understanding critical thinking LA 160, knowing your rights (forget the number), and 7 others. Law was my first love but found Psychology more intriguing. Oh yeah and took the Law School aptitude Test and could have went to any Law school with the scores.

Irreplaceable, but like I said before, funeral expenses and loss of income from household, would suffice

For whom? You? If that's what you're willing to accept, that's nobody else's business but your own. Accept it freely.

I certainly don't know what I would accept until after going through a harrowing experience such as this.

It is quite laughable. I once got a 30% discount for a future cruise just for complaining that the speakeasy bar was closed and being used as teen hang out for the week, inaccessible to us.

Well they have to support drunks to Mr. Pete ;-) (just kidding but you

Left yourself wide open for that one)

Wow this thread has been busy since I went to bed.:rolleyes:

It would one thing if the accident was an Act of God. However, the accident was an Act of Costa Gross Negligence, Under those circumstance , I hope that they get a whole ton of money and maybe even that Costa goes broke.

DON

Couldn't agree more with the fact that this was NOT an act of God. It was a criminal act.

Still do I want this company to go broke with thousands losing their jobs and many more losing their savings?

Absolutely not, but I want CCL to feel some financial pain.

Why is it that these Costa Concordia customers are attempting to sue the Carnival Corp for all of this money and most of them were not even hurt? Have we as people gotten so greedy that we have to use a misfortune to become rich? I can see if you really were hurt or a loved one was killed or harmed etc... But Really? If you had the money to sail on the ship for heavens sakes and make it off safely, is that not enough? The Captain is going to Jail and your getting your money back from your cruise. Why am I thoroughly disgusted by this greed?

I have no idea why you are disgusted. :confused: But I certainly think you are way off base here. I would love it if every person on that ship - passenger and employee - sued for millions and won. And I would love it if Costa/CCL were levied huge legal penalties as well.

There are many lasting emotions that go with a trauma such as this. And your "therapist" training certainly should have taught you that. There is fear, there is indeed PTSD, there is anger, there is survivor guilt, there is shame if you were not as brave as you would have liked or behaved in a less than honorable way in your fear.

And these emotions have to go somewhere. If suing the company responsible allows these people to take an active part in recovery rather than just burying everything because some silly person tells them they "should just be grateful to be alive" then more power to them.

As many previous posters have said. This was no act of God. It was the result of a deliberate unsafe act that was condoned by the parent company. And the delay of abondoning ship was also a deliberate act that also seems to have been known by the parent company. They need to be punished in a way that will be remembered. And if you want to talk about greed, I think corporate greed is alive and well. So hitting them in the pocketbook is what will carry the most punishment for the corporation......

Interesting. Then why do you care what anyone is getting in this lawsuit?

I'm speaking in the instance suing and he or she getting more than me... Not my concern. Here is just me bringing up a topic no one wanted to touch, but has my own views on it.... Apples and oranges

Costa/Carnival knew this captain had brought the ship off course before to pay tribute and waive to former captains and never actually reprimanded or terminated. But you want to let them off of the hook.

But this time..... Disaster strikes, he still made the choice on his own. Period

If you really want to keep playing this game, fine.

You have a one car accident in each scenario. You lose your leg.

How you proceed in compensation in both scenarios is significantly different

Datta boy! Now I can no longer work, I can no longer logically provide for my family, now I will definitely go through PTSD because I can no longer do the things I used to.... You see where in going here??

Logistics in law 231, criminal justice 130, understanding critical thinking LA 160, knowing your rights (forget the number), and 7 others. Law was my first love but found Psychology more intriguing. Oh yeah and took the Law School aptitude Test and could have went to any Law school with the scores.

Now wait just a darn minute there.

You followed your psychological routes, and wonder what psychological pain or trauma is even worth?

Datta boy! Now I can no longer work, I can no longer logically provide for my family, now I will definitely go through PTSD because I can no longer do the things I used to.... You see where in going here??

Nope.

For whom? You? If that's what you're willing to accept, that's nobody else's business but your own. Accept it freely.

I certainly don't know what I would accept until after going through a harrowing experience such as this.

But one thing you can agree with me is that the money will not bring them back. And that's a reality

This is what happens when some people lump the coffee in the lap lawsuits with lawsuits that are more significant.

You should see the documentary film, Hot Coffee. Once you see it you may no longer think

that this, the classic example of a frivolous lawsuit, is so frivolous.

I'm a clinical therapist and know all about PTSD, but I also know that people will blow things up more to be compensated more. If this was truly an act of god something they could not be compensated for, there would be far less reports of PTSD guaranteed! Also, would money have stopped you from hyperventilating at the first fire drill after the incident? If so.... Prove it...then I will back you 100%

I never said having the money would stop the symptoms. I simply meant that having money can help you manage your life AFTER having a traumatic event, in the event they may suffer from PTSD and may be unable to hold down a job. And I also never said that I would have expected compensation from my own trauma. I was merely telling a story to try to help you understand what the passangers might be going through, and how money beyond just the bare minimal compensation might help them get through the financial struggles that may come from being through an event like this. If my PTSD let me unable to go to school or work, because I was having 20 panic attacks a day (fortunately I don't go through that), then yes, having money would help me pay for the intensive therapy and medications I would not be able to afford since I wouldn't work and would not have any health insurance. I really don't know what to think about the fact that you are a clinical therapist and have a hard time relating to these passengers' trauma.

You have no way of knowing what cases of PTSD would be reported from people who suffer from a natural disaster, because that doesn't sell money in the media. It doesn't make for good news, so it's not talked about. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist for people who go through natural caused disasters.

You should see the documentary film, Hot Coffee. Once you see it you may no longer think

that this, the classic example of a frivolous lawsuit, is so frivolous.

I probably should have said people's awareness of the coffee lawsuit. The facts of this case were significantly different from what I had first heard in the media.

This is what happens when some people lump the coffee in the lap lawsuits with lawsuits that are more significant.

Couldn't agree with you more! All of these lawsuits for things that truly don't cause any long lasting trauma just makes it worse for those who truly do deserve compensation. It's this kind of culture that makes everyone think any kind of lawsuit is just for greed. What a shame.

Now wait just a darn minute there.

You followed your psychological routes, and wonder what psychological pain or trauma is even worth?

No, but I do know that money doesn't change PTSD...lawyers use PTSD all the time because it is hard to prove. The same as proving back pain which is almost always used in instances of car accidents because it is unable to be proved. Remember I'm looking at this through two lens

No, but I do know that money doesn't change PTSD...lawyers use PTSD all the time because it is hard to prove. The same as proving back pain which is almost always used in instances of car accidents because it is unable to be proved. Remember I'm looking at this through two lens

And what appears to be a bad voice recorder.

However, look through any life insurance policy. Look at the varying values of body parts etc. that the payout are based on somebody's "something".

Now try to evaluate an intangible, such as grief. Trauma. Terror.

Archived