Why the HUGE price jump for Eclipse Feb.9, 2013 14 night S. Caribbean sailing?

clarka

We noticed that the 14 night Southern Caribbean sailing on Feb. 9, 2013 is over $500 p.p. more than the 14 night that departs Feb. 23. :eek: Other than the date, the only difference is that the Feb. 9 sailing includes a few different ports of call: Kralendijk, Bonaire & St. Croix, U.S.V.I.

Is the price difference related to the sail date, the ports of call or both? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

We noticed that the 14 night Southern Caribbean sailing on Feb. 9, 2013 is over $500 p.p. more than the 14 night that departs Feb. 23. :eek: Other than the date, the only difference is that the Feb. 9 sailing includes a few different ports of call: Kralendijk, Bonaire & St. Croix, U.S.V.I.

Is the price difference related to the sail date, the ports of call or both? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Could be they are anticipating Valentine's Day cruisers. Many resorts and other destinations considered 'Romantic' bump up their rates for that period.

Big vacation week(s) for the New England States, although it's typically because of school vacations. Prices always seem higher anywhere we want to go around "President's Day"

My son graduates High School this year. While that's great news, we won't be slaves to the school calendar any longer and can take advantage of specials!

Thanks in advance!

Makes sense. I think it also falls on "Family Day" in Canada.

We were on Perry's reunion cruise February 11th and heard other fans talking about another reunion February 9th. 2013. It would be on the new

Eclipse out of Ft Lauderdale. We're booked!!!:)

Thanks in advance!

all good reasons have been given for the jump-- we would love an itin that includes Bonaire & St Croix.. We will be on Ecipse in March 2013 with a diff itin...have to check our price

Thanks in advance!

I'm wondering the same thing.

It must have some to do with the ship being almost full because I booked this cruise last September and the price was a LOT cheaper than the price it is going for now.

I won't mention the origional rate because it will make you envious:eek: but I will say it stayed at the origional rate for several months.

We are Aqua Class and received a military rate.

When we booked this cruise several months ago, we chose a regular balcony thinking we'd upgrade to AQ or Concierge when the price dropped. Hmmm...sounds like we're lucky we've got a bed at all! The date never crossed my mind at the time--just the unique itinerary on an S-class ship--but maybe I can convince DH it was my romantic idea to be aboard a cruise on Valentine's Day. After 42 Valentine's Days together, he probably won't remember either!

I'm wondering the same thing.

It must have some to do with the ship being almost full because I booked this cruise last September and the price was a LOT cheaper than the price it is going for now.

I won't mention the origional rate because it will make you envious:eek: but I will say it stayed at the origional rate for several months.

We are Aqua Class and received a military rate.

You have peaked my interest about the great rate that you got; (no matter how much it may hurt);) We just booked this cruise this week for $1735 pp including a $250 obc for a 2D (obstructed) balcony. This is only our 2nd cruise; (we were in AQ on the Equinox 2 years ago) and have always wondered when the best time is to book.

You have peaked my interest about the great rate that you got; (no matter how much it may hurt);) We just booked this cruise this week for $1735 pp including a $250 obc for a 2D (obstructed) balcony. This is only our 2nd cruise; (we were in AQ on the Equinox 2 years ago) and have always wondered when the best time is to book.

TO CLARKA,

If you can do it (make a commitment to a future sailing) the best time to book is while onboard. That way you get the category upgrade (ie pay for a 2D but get a 2A), and the lower downpayment.

Plus if you are booking far into the future, it also means you'll typically have the choice of the best cabins being available.

We got this tip before our last cruise, so we booked our next one aboard. Being almost 12 months into the future, besides the great savings we snagged, we also have plenty of time to save up for it... and well of course sooo much to look forward to (do reading & research on / plan towards etc)

Cheers!

TO CLARKA,

If you can do it (make a commitment to a future sailing) the best time to book is while onboard. That way you get the category upgrade (ie pay for a 2D but get a 2A), and the lower downpayment.

Plus if you are booking far into the future, it also means you'll typically have the choice of the best cabins being available.

We got this tip before our last cruise, so we booked our next one aboard. Being almost 12 months into the future, besides the great savings we snagged, we also have plenty of time to save up for it... and well of course sooo much to look forward to (do reading & research on / plan towards etc)

Cheers!

Thanks. Great advice!

Hey Stu & Angie, Great to see you'll be on this cruise. We enjoyed meeting you 2 years ago. Why don't you jump over to the roll call and say HI. I'm keeping the roll call up on this cruise.

Les & Hazel will also be on this cruise. They were part of the tour of Cartagena with us.

John

I don't want to make you angry but I am paying less than you (by $100) for AQ that I booked in January (with a military discount) and some other discount that they were offering the day I called. When I transfer this to my TA, we'll get a $300 shipboard credit. Pretty good for 14 days.

Supply and demand - simple as that. The 14 night southern Caribbean has been an extremely popular sailing with so many people being repeat cruisers who book the following year while on board to get all the extra goodies. We always sail at the end of January and booked next years cruise 3 days into the cruise. By the end of our cruise our booking would have cost us close to $500. more. So i would think the same thing applies to this Feb. cruise you are wondering about - it really is such a wonderful itinerary that so many book for the following year, but now it will be on the Eclipse and Perry Grant will be on board.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

The price for us is now $850 pp more than when we booked in September. We booked an A1 (Aqua Class) but we did get a military discount.

We are paying $2149 for an Aqua Class 1 stateroom. And getting $300 OBC because we bought a future booking certificate a while back and used that for this cruise.

The best time to book would be when the cruise itinerary first comes out. You will never have to pay a higher price if the price goes up; but if the price drops you will get the lower price as long as you notify your TA or Celebrity depending who you booked with. If you use a future bookings certificate you will also receive the appropriate OBC. (You can buy a certificate while on board without picking a specific date and then use it for a future cruise and get OBC; but I'm not sure about the upgrade.)

I don't want to make you angry but I am paying less than you (by $100) for AQ that I booked in January (with a military discount) and some other discount that they were offering the day I called. When I transfer this to my TA, we'll get a $300 shipboard credit. Pretty good for 14 days.!

Are you saying you are paying $1635 for an Aqua Class cabin??? Congratulations if you are; you received a fabulous deal!!!

I was a loyal price checker and I never saw an A1 go below $2149.

TO CLARKA,

No upgrades for Aqua Class:(

Well, I may not have price drops to look forward to on this cruise...but it sounds like there will be plenty of space in the other bars for those of us who aren't Perry Grant groupies!

We are not Perry Grant groupies either, so maybe I’ll see you in one of those other bars.

I will probably be visiting the Martini bar after the shows in the evening. Chocolate Martini's make a great nightcap.:D

The price for us is now $850 pp more than when we booked in September. We booked an A1 (Aqua Class) but we did get a military discount.

We are paying $2149 for an Aqua Class 1 stateroom. And getting $300 OBC because we bought a future booking certificate a while back and used that for this cruise.

The best time to book would be when the cruise itinerary first comes out. You will never have to pay a higher price if the price goes up; but if the price drops you will get the lower price as long as you notify your TA or Celebrity depending who you booked with. If you use a future bookings certificate you will also receive the appropriate OBC. (You can buy a certificate while on board without picking a specific date and then use it for a future cruise and get OBC; but I'm not sure about the upgrade.)

Are you saying you are paying $1635 for an Aqua Class cabin??? Congratulations if you are; you received a fabulous deal!!!

I was a loyal price checker and I never saw an A1 go below $2149.

No upgrades for Aqua Class:(

We are not Perry Grant groupies either, so maybe I’ll see you in one of those other bars.

I will probably be visiting the Martini bar after the shows in the evening. Chocolate Martini's make a great nightcap.:D

I was positively stunned when they told me the price; I jumped right on it didn't even discuss with my husband. By far the best deal we've ever gotten!

Archived