How many swimsuits do you take for a 7-day Caribbean cruise?

cransplash

I didn't take special care. (probably should have, but was too busy doing fun cruise things.....) However, I did jump in the shower with my suit on for a few minutes and drench it in water to try to wash out the pool water and/ or spa water. Took it off and soaked it some more and then showered myself. Rolled it up in a beach towel to absorb the water. Then hung the suit up to dry. Not the perfect solution, but it had to help a little bit. I'm sure washing the suit in the sink in woolite or some other special wash would have been much better. But I don't like to wash clothes or iron on cruise, if I can avoid it.:):)

Two so I always have a dry one....I also jump in the shower with my suit on let the water run on it, wash my hair using a shampoo to remove chlorine and let that run all over the suit while it's still on my body, finally take the suit off, rinse out my hair, rinse out my suit, squeeze it out and let it dry. I've never needed more than two suits although I own more than two.

I take usually 3, sometimes 4. I make sure to take at least 1 one piece that I wear towards the end of the cruise after I put on a couPle too many chocolate melting cakes. I am a strange size though, I have a large chest so I never find swimsuits off the rack on sale that fit me. I have to order my suits online based on my bra size, so it costs me too much money to keep buying new suits.

• 2 weeks later...
I bring 2 for a 7-8 day cruise. I couldn't imagine taking 9! and I'm sure people who take 9 couldnt imagine only bringing 2 :D

LOL! I'm the one that said I'm bringing 9 for a 7 day with a day before and after. You're right...I can't imaging bringing only 2, but I also think 9 is a bit much. However, since I have them and they're small, I'm bringing them! I shudder when I see people talk about "mixing and matching". I do that at home. I have so much cute stuff that I want to wear it/use it on a cruise (or any vacation). That includes shoes. Of course, I don't have to worry about luggage weight...I am platinum status on United, so I get 3 checked bags up to 70 lbs free. I'm young and healthy, so I can totally manage my own bags. To each their own...nothing wrong with mixing and matching...just not for me :D

I take at least three. One in my suitcase, one in my DH's suitcase, and one in my carry-on. I can't just run out and buy a swimsuit if my suitcase is lost or delayed. :eek: (I take my favorite in my carry-on.)

(We also cross-pack clothing so if one of our suitcases is lost, we still have stuff in the other.)

Robin

I take at least three. One in my suitcase, one in my DH's suitcase, and one in my carry-on. I can't just run out and buy a swimsuit if my suitcase is lost or delayed. :eek: (I take my favorite in my carry-on.)

(We also cross-pack clothing so if one of our suitcases is lost, we still have stuff in the other.)

Robin

That's a really good point! Finding a swimsuit that fits well is not something you can guarantee finding at a local port shop.

Just returned from my wonderful cruise! I took 3 suits and 3 coverups, and ended up wearing all 3 just because I had them. However, I probably could have gotten by with just 2. (We had 2 beach days and 1 pool day on the cruise.)

This was my first cruise, and I did end up overpacking on just about everything!

I take 2 or 3.... never less than 2, just in case. If one rips or gets stained or didn't dry overnight, I want to be sure to have a spare. Last thing I want to do on vacation is shop for a swimsuit.

2 or 3 for me, too....I don't like having "criss-crossing" tan lines, so the fewer different suits, the better!

I'm the same way...hate different tan lines! I'll usually only bring 2, but if my one dries on the balcony between uses after being rinsed out, then I'll just wear 1 all of the time!!

Archived