It's been a rough week. Post what you LIKE about Princess!

DeloreanGirl

Okay...I'll bite....

I really like:

- the fact that Princess is not repleat with loud, barfing, immature party-hearty types too drunk to stagger to their own cabins

- the fact that we can enjoy a Princess cruise without every hot tub being filled to capacity with tykes, and every elevator being hijacked by same aformentioned kids

- the fact that formal night....still is actually formal (well, at least mostly!) on Princess

- yes, the itineraries

- the Love Boat Dream for dessert

- the I.C. and gelato that's for real!

- the lack of overwhelming in-cabin announcements by over-zealous CD's and shopping "guides"

And while we're giving compliments and "likes"....I like the fact that we can get to know terrific folks on the CC boards, and that we can all then really enhance our cRuise experience by enjoying each other's company, and often - making friends for a lifetime!

Hey - it's a cruise!!! Whats' not to like?!! You've got endless ocean, lovely skies, incredible stars at night, maybe even a balcony to enjoy all the above...and you've got beautiful white foam being shoved off the side of your ship that can mesmerize you into tranquilty quite easily! And if that's not enough, you get to be pampered, no beds to make, no laundry to do, no meals to cook, for the whole duration! Heaven!

NUFF SAID!

I love the decor on Princess ships

I love the aft pool and deck space on the Grand Class ships

I love all the dining venues to choose from and the access to food at just about anytime you could possibly want it.

I love their drink prices. Better than prices here in Southern California

I too think they have great customer service

I love the deck parties that they have

I love their pastas

I love Crooner's Martini Bar and all the varieties of martinis

I love their itineraries. It is why I started cruising Princess after having been a Royal Caribbean cruiser in the 90's

I too love the double cruise credit for solo cruisers which I've done a couple of times

:):):):):)

I agree; love the aft pool and hot tubs to watch the sunset and relax as we leave port.

Being Elite getting a shipboard credit of $75 everytime i get on the ship is a nice reward for my loyalty; with my 51st cruise it max's at $100.

I enjoy the special lunch for the top 40 sailed on that cruise and getting a chance to talk to the Officiers.

Love the trivia.

The pasta's are amazing and the wonderful sit down lunches each and every day.

The things I like most: great itineraries and crew; anytime dining where I can eat when and where I choose; the wide (on some ships) promenade decks that go completely around the ship - especially the front part on deck 8; time to relax and read all the ebooks I want; covered pools (again some ships); the Captain's Circle program and being Elite with all its perks; the Captain's luncheon for the most traveled passengers; and I don't have to drive and/or pack and unpack every day.

I think Princess does or tries to be a cruise line that represents good value for dollar spent. However IMO they are the Holiday Inn of the cruise industry....you have seen one you have seen them all. They certainly have alienated us overt the past 6 months but we are obviously are going to sail them again....are we going to be 100% loyal to them....absolutely not Elite or not, they have made it pretty easy for us to look at other lines and from here on in we will be looking at value and itineraries.

I like that the doors between the balconies on the Grand open up. When we cruised with two other couples we would always meet in the middle one and have a drink after a day on shore . We will being doing this again this September on the Grand. Also the great staff in the MDR, and all over the ship.

i am sorry I did think of one thing I dislike. No Middle coast Atlantic departures. You get a choice of either New York or Ft Lauderdale. How about something in between Princess? There are many places to depart from within that range that would be nice as other lines are using them. PLEASE

I think Princess does or tries to be a cruise line that represents good value for dollar spent. However IMO they are the Holiday Inn of the cruise industry....you have seen one you have seen them all. They certainly have alienated us overt the past 6 months but we are obviously are going to sail them again....are we going to be 100% loyal to them....absolutely not Elite or not, they have made it pretty easy for us to look at other lines and from here on in we will be looking at value and itineraries.

I do find your post interesting. I'm with you in that I think it is good to try other lines. I'm looking at a few. However, I really don't consider Princess the Holiday Inn of cruising. I would really have to be wanting to save money to stay at a Holiday Inn. I do think Princess ships have all come to look like one another (why I might look elsewhere at least once) but I really think their quality and product is not along the lines of a Holiday Inn. I respect your opinion, though:). That's just mine.

I love the staff - they are so hard working and yet they always have a big smile on their faces and truely seem to want to do whatever they cn to make us comfortable and happy. Love it when I see someone from a past cruise - they actually remember us and seem excited to see us again.

I love their wine policy. We are private people and love to hang out on our balcony and watch the waves go by and love to have a drink or two before heading out to dinner. I have two herniated dics so I can't sit long at a bar or even stand very long so the bar scene isn't for me and am so glad I can enjoy drinks in our cabin.

Okay...I'll bite....

I really like:

- the fact that Princess is not repleat with loud, barfing, immature party-hearty types too drunk to stagger to their own cabins

- the fact that we can enjoy a Princess cruise without every hot tub being filled to capacity with tykes, and every elevator being hijacked by same aformentioned kids

- the fact that formal night....still is actually formal (well, at least mostly!) on Princess

- yes, the itineraries

- the Love Boat Dream for dessert

- the I.C. and gelato that's for real!

- the lack of overwhelming in-cabin announcements by over-zealous CD's and shopping "guides"

And while we're giving compliments and "likes"....I like the fact that we can get to know terrific folks on the CC boards, and that we can all then really enhance our cRuise experience by enjoying each other's company, and often - making friends for a lifetime!

Hey - it's a cruise!!! Whats' not to like?!! You've got endless ocean, lovely skies, incredible stars at night, maybe even a balcony to enjoy all the above...and you've got beautiful white foam being shoved off the side of your ship that can mesmerize you into tranquilty quite easily! And if that's not enough, you get to be pampered, no beds to make, no laundry to do, no meals to cook, for the whole duration! Heaven!

NUFF SAID!

Adelle, have I told you how much I appreciate you lately? :)

(When's the next reunion cruise??)

I do find your post interesting. I'm with you in that I think it is good to try other lines. I'm looking at a few. However, I really don't consider Princess the Holiday Inn of cruising. I would really have to be wanting to save money to stay at a Holiday Inn. I do think Princess ships have all come to look like one another (why I might look elsewhere at least once) but I really think their quality and product is not along the lines of a Holiday Inn. I respect your opinion, though:). That's just mine.

For what is worth, we quite liked our re-visit of Celebrity, they could easily become our new favourite cruise line, definitely not Holiday Inn....as for HAL we have tried them recently and it not likely that I will get DW on one of their ships for a while.

We dance ballroom, and the Wheelhouse usually has a combo that plays standards. They and HAL provide some good venues for dancers although the floors can be difficult; Carnival and RCCL have been disappointing.

We also love the fact that they'll be cruising out of Galveston again this next year. We're booked on the Crown with some great ports for a 7 day cruise. We wish that they would do longer itineraries out of here.

For what is worth, we quite liked our re-visit of Celebrity, they could easily become our new favourite cruise line, definitely not Holiday Inn....as for HAL we have tried them recently and it not likely that I will get DW on one of their ships for a while.

What do you really like about Celebrity and why would you not cruise HAL again.

What do you really like about Celebrity and why would you not cruise HAL again.

Our very first cruise (that we paid for) was with Celebrity and we found after 15 cruises with Princess it was like a breath of fresh air. We were on the Constellation in January and the things we liked. The ship had had a recent refit and was a very pleasant mix of old clubby wood decor and a very modern decor. The service was vastly superior and the crew much more pleasant and knew what they were speaking about. We found our cabin extremely well fitted out, we couldn't fill all the cupboards and closets, the bed was actually COMFORTABLE, our balcony had a recliner and the steward made sure the glass railing was cleaned each morning, they have Samsung flat panel TVs vs the Viewsonics on Princess. We enjoy the refinement of sitting down at dinner with a full table setting in front of (we do know which fork and knife to use) rather than some waiter placing what we will be needing before each course is delivered. Food I know is subjective but X's food was more to our liking, we like having a cappuccino after dinner without being charged. We liked the hard scooped ice cream being available all afternoon, as well as brewed coffee lemonade and juices all day long .... free. We don't do buffets as a rule but I did sneak up for an early breakfast on occasion and found their buffet to be head & shoulders above Princess. So why will we continue cruise with Princess, their entertainment, itineraries and their loyalty program which is big when you are Elite.

As for HAL here is link to my review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=94985

You asked.;)

Our upcoming cruise will be our third straight on the CB. The reason for this is the itineraries that the ship offers us. Each of these has been a 7 day cruise with only the last day being a sea day. This is perfect for me since I don't like sea days, but when it's the last day of the cruise it allows us time to wind down from a busy week and take our time packing for the trip home. Princess does not wow me, but I have no complaints either.

Archived