Carnival Cruise Etiquette 101

picklebongo

Ummm... you are kidding, right?

No no one is kidding.. It is rediculous when your on vacation and spending 3 grand to be surrounded by people who act like they have never been in public. Yea sure it is stupid that people need to be reminded of the obvious but when they really dont already know, they should find out before they leave .. because when it happens on bopard I will be quick to remind you that there is a right and wrong way to behave and if your parents didnt teach I would be glad to

As much as I appreciate your trying! You must realize the ones doing these things are the ones going to reply with some snarky comment. The generation doing these things have been disrespecting people all thier life and are not going to take anything you say as..."oh! I've been doing this..let me stop!" They are just rude and immature and are past our help. But thanks for trying!

Don't fret,,they will critisize you for this statement,,,,,,give it an hour.

Tell you who baffles me (ths is not a ship though), the people that stop at the top of an escalator to look around. Um,,there are others coming up from behind you know.

Guess the ones that do bother me some are:

1...Running in the hallways late at night

2...Slamming your cabin door late at night

3...Agree with the packed elevators and still people trying to squeeze on

4...Kids pushing all the buttons on the elevators

I don't think these are 'rules' people should adhere too, just common courtesy.

Mine are:

People farting in the elevators.

People pukeing in the halls

Kids running full speed. BTW kids,,I blew my knees out so i cannot move out of your important mission of getting to the elevators to do #4 above (or fart) so you may slam into me and you will go down. Don't run to momma blaming me if you get hurt running into me.

Surprised at the "tone" of the posts on this one. Keep it simple. YES, we all paid to go on a cruise. YES we are all entitled to enjoy ourselves to the fullest. NO it does NOT give you the right to do what ever you want. Since when does enjoying yourself have to have hedonistic undertones?

Your rights end where mine begin....and I find that the people that are the MOST rude are quite often the same ones that will get bent out of shape if they think their rights are being violated.

I agree completely. Of course teens are that way, but that is why we have to parent. You keep trying, and he will respect you for it later. ;) Someone will scream that it was child abuse and I am NOT advocating hitting children, but my mother smacked me in the mouth once when I was 15. I deserved it. I wasn't abused, but I was 5'7 and she was only 5'1. She reminded me quickly that I was taller than she but not bigger. I don't hate my mom for standing up to me. I respect her for it. I would never abuse my kids, but I do give and expect respect from them. If they are rude, I call them on it.

It's a little more complicated than that for me, since my son was adopted. I have no problem smacking him, but it just doesn't do any good. I have done it maybe 4 times since adopting him, and each time he reported me to child protective services. He knows the system and thinks he can use it against me. Of course the case was dropped each time, but he still thinks, and tells everyone that I abuse him and his little sister. But he's been told over and over that his behavior of truancy, drug and alcohol abuse, and overall attitude toward adults is 'normal' for teens, and he's going to do it no matter what. So when I tell him it's wrong, he doesn't believe me, and since I didn't raise him, he has no respect for me. Just a difficult situation. sorry, I know this is not what this thread is about. Didn't mean to stray off subject.

5. If you are on the Lido, where alot of folks are circling with their trays trying to find a spot to sit and eat, please consider vacating your spot if you are playing cards, dominoes or reading a book. There are lots of other areas for activities such as this.

Wait so I have to leave the nice sun, and the seat I had to circle and wait for, for someone else? I like dominoes out in the sun

It's a little more complicated than that for me, since my son was adopted. I have no problem smacking him, but it just doesn't do any good. I have done it maybe 4 times since adopting him, and each time he reported me to child protective services. He knows the system and thinks he can use it against me. Of course the case was dropped each time, but he still thinks, and tells everyone that I abuse him and his little sister. But he's been told over and over that his behavior of truancy, drug and alcohol abuse, and overall attitude toward adults is 'normal' for teens, and he's going to do it no matter what. So when I tell him it's wrong, he doesn't believe me, and since I didn't raise him, he has no respect for me. Just a difficult situation. sorry, I know this is not what this thread is about. Didn't mean to stray off subject.

Don't give up :). It is so unfortunate that somehow the sesame streeters ( the child psycologists, social workers etc) have decided that all the little darlings are oh so perfect and they keep telling them that. You have a very tough row to hoe and my heart is with you, be strong and beat the piss out of him and lie your ass off if that is what he needs!:D

Don't give up :). It is so unfortunate that somehow the sesame streeters ( the child psycologists, social workers etc) have decided that all the little darlings are oh so perfect and they keep telling them that. You have a very tough row to hoe and my heart is with you, be strong and beat the piss out of him and lie your ass off if that is what he needs!:D

I agree, they tell them their behavior is not their fault, and GIVE them excuses for it. Their situation is not their fault, but their behavior is their choice, and as my son is learning from law enforcement, there is consequences to their behavior. But unfortunately unless he breaks the law and they get involved, I as a mom have no recorse. I ground him, he just leaves. I can take away everything..tv, phone, ipod, etc and he doesn't care. He just leaves. I can't physically keep him at home. (I was told by the cops I can't lock him in the house since that's holding him against his will) so I call them and they bring him right back home, he leaves again, the cops bring him right back home. It's never ending. and pointless. the last time he left, I let him go. He harassed me, slashed my tires, etc for a week, then went to his school police and said I kicked him out and wouldn't let him come back home. Which was NOT true. I wouldn't let him in unless I could search him to make sure there was no drugs or weapons. Yes, I was afraid of him, especially when he's under the influence. And everyone tells me, and him, that this is NORMAL????? :(

I dislike when people use elevators to go up or down only 1 floor (perfectly healthy and young people).

My wife and I vow to always take the stairs, but there are times you need to use the elevator when needing to go up or down 8 levels. So when i see people going up or down 1 floor, I want to explode

Well hate to make you explode..but some "perfectly healthy and young people" may have a hidden disablity or medical condition that may not allow them to take stairs. Its truly no one's business if one takes the stairs or not. The elevators are there to allow quick and efficient movement between floors. It does not matter if you go one floor or ten.

I agree, they tell them their behavior is not their fault, and GIVE them excuses for it. Their situation is not their fault, but their behavior is their choice, and as my son is learning from law enforcement, there is consequences to their behavior. But unfortunately unless he breaks the law and they get involved, I as a mom have no recorse. I ground him, he just leaves. I can take away everything..tv, phone, ipod, etc and he doesn't care. He just leaves. I can't physically keep him at home. (I was told by the cops I can't lock him in the house since that's holding him against his will) so I call them and they bring him right back home, he leaves again, the cops bring him right back home. It's never ending. and pointless. the last time he left, I let him go. He harassed me, slashed my tires, etc for a week, then went to his school police and said I kicked him out and wouldn't let him come back home. Which was NOT true. I wouldn't let him in unless I could search him to make sure there was no drugs or weapons. Yes, I was afraid of him, especially when he's under the influence. And everyone tells me, and him, that this is NORMAL????? :(

There are few things that sadden me more than hearing about a broken child. I did read you also have a younger daughter and I would guess this is extremely difficult for her too:(. I know I sound harsh but sometimes in life you have to learn to cut bait. By that I mean take him to court and have him ruled incorrigable and ask that he be put in supervised care as he is a danger to himself and or others. He is still under age, or if he is not emancipate him. He has to want to get well, you can't fix him no matter how much you love him, trust me I know. Good luck and hold onto your sanity your daughter needs you.:)

Well hate to make you explode..but some "perfectly healthy and young people" may have a hidden disablity or medical condition that may not allow them to take stairs. Its truly no one's business if one takes the stairs or not. The elevators are there to allow quick and efficient movement between floors. It does not matter if you go one floor or ten.

I am patiently waiting for the elevater that will slide me sideways down those never ending hallways.:eek:

Cozumel is considered the port where the most number of people are left behind because they miss the ship. The number one cause of missing the ship in Coz is drinking.

I think one of the funniest things to watch is the running of the drunks to catch the ship at the last minute. I have seen people falling flat on their faces on the pier and not getting up. Two people running and holding up someone passed out in between them.

We usually stake out a nice viewing area with a tasty drink.

the running of the drunks...I really like that phrase...touche!!!:D

ok...so how long until he is 18?

I apologize to all the people that had there toes run over by me backing my scooter out of the elevator, I know 550lbs plus the scooter does not tickle.

Craig, did you have the surgery yet? How is it going?

How much weight have you lost thus far?

GOOD LUCK!!!!! And just keep counting the days until the next cruise.

#1 #2..When an elevator arrives, let people OFF before you go jamming on!!!!

!!!

This is my all time favorite pet peeve on elevators anywhere!!! It kills me that people dont know elevator etiquette!

While we are on the subject of etiquette and pet peeves, two things on a cruise: kids in the pool with swim diapers, on 13 cruises, I have yet to be on one where there was not a "Caddyshack" moment with a "baby ruth" bar in the pool! LOL!

and the other thing is kids at the buffet, putting their grubby fingers and hands all over everything. Please parents, put the food on the kids plates, dont let them handle the food at the buffet!!!! Number one reason I dont eat at the buffet!

There are few things that sadden me more than hearing about a broken child. I did read you also have a younger daughter and I would guess this is extremely difficult for her too:(. I know I sound harsh but sometimes in life you have to learn to cut bait. By that I mean take him to court and have him ruled incorrigable and ask that he be put in supervised care as he is a danger to himself and or others. He is still under age, or if he is not emancipate him. He has to want to get well, you can't fix him no matter how much you love him, trust me I know. Good luck and hold onto your sanity your daughter needs you.:)

Unfortunately, the courts would not help me. They tell me I can't just decided I can't handle him. They consider that abandonment and I could be charged with child abandonment. I know, I know, this sounds rediculous, and I have gone thru my 'shock' on hearing this. And yes, I do have a younger daughter, and it is very difficult for her. I have to focus on her, and I am. My son is currently living with a grandparent. But if for some reason that doesn't work out, he will have to come back to me. I agree he has to want to get well, and right now the only thing on his mind is having fun, cuz 'that's what teenagers do'.

Unfortunately, the courts would not help me. They tell me I can't just decided I can't handle him. They consider that abandonment and I could be charged with child abandonment. I know, I know, this sounds rediculous, and I have gone thru my 'shock' on hearing this. And yes, I do have a younger daughter, and it is very difficult for her. I have to focus on her, and I am. My son is currently living with a grandparent. But if for some reason that doesn't work out, he will have to come back to me. I agree he has to want to get well, and right now the only thing on his mind is having fun, cuz 'that's what teenagers do'.

Bless your heart...that is awful. You gave this child a home and hope and that is how it turns out. Have you thought of military school? I know they are expensive but maybe you can get some financial aid.

Archived