The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

Summit’s 25,000-square-foot spa is an oasis of aromatherapy steamrooms; rooms for massages, facials, and more esoteric treatments; and a soothing thalassotherapy pool ringed with comfortable lounge chairs under a glass solarium roof. Next door to the spa is a large gym. Farther astern on the same deck, the beautifully designed pool deck offers two pools and four hot tubs, plus lots of comfortable seating nooks. One deck up, the kids’ Fun Factory has a wading pool, indoor and outdoor jungle gyms, a computer room, and more. One deck above that, the Sports Deck has facilities for basketball, volleyball, and paddle tennis.

Found this info, hope it is still correct!

Thank you for your answer. I look forward to cruising on one of S-class ships as the Persian Garden on this class sounds wonderful.

We will be on the Century to Alaska and I would like to know if there is a hot tub in the Persian Garden on that ship.

Thank you all for the tips about the m&ms. Looking forward to the peanut butter ice cream! We will no doubt have some more questions before we sail off into the sunset.:D

They always have peanut butter ice cream or is that one of those flavors that is hit and miss?

They always have peanut butter ice cream or is that one of those flavors that is hit and miss?

I've consulted with Mr. B. the Ice Cream Fanatic, and he says vanilla, choc. and strawberry are there every day. The mint choc. chip is called "After Eight" and he also remembers pistachio, cherry brandy, coffee and banana as the once or twice a cruise offerings. He forgot about cinnamon! which indeed he loves on apple pie.

There are other flavors available on a sporadic basis which neither of us eats.

Enjoy!

Summit’s 25,000-square-foot spa is an oasis of aromatherapy steamrooms; rooms for massages, facials, and more esoteric treatments; and a soothing thalassotherapy pool ringed with comfortable lounge chairs under a glass solarium roof. Next door to the spa is a large gym. Farther astern on the same deck, the beautifully designed pool deck offers two pools and four hot tubs, plus lots of comfortable seating nooks. One deck up, the kids’ Fun Factory has a wading pool, indoor and outdoor jungle gyms, a computer room, and more. One deck above that, the Sports Deck has facilities for basketball, volleyball, and paddle tennis.

Found this info, hope it is still correct!

The Fun Factory on the aft deck is history. Have never taken the time to check out the Persian Gardens, but don't believe there are hot tubs in there. There are hot tubs in other areas of the ship, including by the T pool (on M class).

Got to agree on the ice cream being wonderful - especially the non-traditional flavors. Another suggestion. Order chocolate chip cookies from room service. They arrive still warm and are great with a glass of cold milk.

Oh my...are the warm cookies a Celebrity standard or were you just lucky to get warm cookies on your cruise? My husband loves chocolate chip cookies.

Peanut butter is hit and miss, but do try it if you encounter it. Host Andy clued me in to that one.

DH will keep an evil eye out for the peanut butter ice cream as it is his favorite.

===============================

Thanks to all who have answered my many questions. I have another week to go before we are on Century so I may just have a couple more questions that pop up.

DH will keep an evil eye out for the peanut butter ice cream as it is his favorite.

===============================

Thanks to all who have answered my many questions. I have another week to go before we are on Century so I may just have a couple more questions that pop up.

Have a great time and be sure to come back with a report for us!

Thank you for your answer. I look forward to cruising on one of S-class ships as the Persian Garden on this class sounds wonderful.

We will be on the Century to Alaska and I would like to know if there is a hot tub in the Persian Garden on that ship.

Not in the Persian garden, but there's a couple of steam and sauna rooms. The hot tubs are out by the pools.

Many thanks to all of the contributors. We will be taking our second cruise next summer (Alaska) and our first on Celebrity. We will be on Century, which I know is in a different class than most of the ships mentioned previously in this thread. Aside from the specialty dining - of which on Century is only Murano - are there any particular tips that are unique to that ship. Thanks again.

Many thanks to all of the contributors. We will be taking our second cruise next summer (Alaska) and our first on Celebrity. We will be on Century, which I know is in a different class than most of the ships mentioned previously in this thread. Aside from the specialty dining - of which on Century is only Murano - are there any particular tips that are unique to that ship. Thanks again.

I may be in the minority, but I loved the Aqua Spa Cafe on Century much more than on S class ships.

I loved the area, quiet and comfortable.

And I thought the food was much better, but their menus may be the same as S class now. Enjoy your Century cruise!

Hi All, many thanks for this very informative thread.

We are going on our first Celebrity cruise this month and I have a couple of questions:-

1. We like a glass (or two) of wine on our balcony before dinner. Where can we obtain a bottle in the afternoon or can we order it from room service?

2. Tipping. How much should we tip for room service? Is a $1 too little or $5 too much? Also some have mentioned we should consider tipping bar staff. How much and how often please?

3. Is the adult only swimming pool only available to those in the Persian garden or accessible to all.

I absolutely love the Century. The food in the MDR is fantastic! The staff and the crew are very congenial. The Aqua Spa Cafe is a great little place for healthier type food, especially for breakfast and lunch. Very quiet and relaxing compared to the buffet. Don't miss hanging out in the Cova Cafe. All the treats in the case are free, and vary depending on the time of day. It's a great place to sit and people watch, plus they have entertainment at various times of the day. The movie theatre is small, so go early if it is a popular film. And, did I mention, the food is fantastic!!:D Enjoy!

Pat

We always pre order our wine, delivered to the room in bottles. Works great!

This info from the site! just make sure that you get all the bottles that you order. They have shorted us every time! Twice insisted that we did not order and pre pay.

Taste of the Vineyards Wine Packages

Celebrity's Taste of the Vineyards presents you with a worry-free way to choose wine for your entire cruise. Produced by top quality vineyards and international regions, our collection is designed to provide you with a vast assortment to choose from, as well as superior value. Simply advise your sommelier which wine you would like to have with your meal.

Quantities vary per package. Once you have confirmed your purchase online, the order cannot be modified. You may, however, cancel the order and then make your purchase(s) again.

Packages must be pre-reserved a minimum of four days before your sail date. To purchase Beverage Packages on board, please visit any bar throughout the ship. Taste of the Vineyards wine package is not available on Solstice® Class ships.

Book Taste Of The Vineyards Wine Package

Premium Package

The Premium Package offers a superb collection of wines suitable for the discerning palate. You may also choose to mix in wines from the Classic Package to further enhance your enjoyment. Package pricing represents a savings up to 15% off regular list prices. *Starting from: 129.00 USD Per Package

Hi All' date=' many thanks for this very informative thread.

We are going on our first Celebrity cruise this month and I have a couple of questions:-

1. We like a glass (or two) of wine on our balcony before dinner. Where can we obtain a bottle in the afternoon or can we order it from room service?

2. Tipping. How much should we tip for room service? Is a $1 too little or $5 too much? Also some have mentioned we should consider tipping bar staff. How much and how often please?

3. Is the adult only swimming pool only available to those in the Persian garden or accessible to all.[/quote']

Celebrity allows you to carry on two bottles of wine per stateroom (at least here in the States they do). Check your ticket contract. That will at least get you started.:D Also, you can purchase bottles at most of the bars, and some of the bars will run carafe specials....not the best wine though. The wine packages mentioned below are a great way to go. I always have one for the MDR and choose my wine as I go.

Thanks for your help. I will check with my TA. I would not want to cancel and rebook because I received an OBC from Captain's Club when 2013 itineraries were released which I would then lose. I believe that that OBC is combinable with another, and if I could still qualify for the AMEX benefits, that would be great.

Okay, strangely I am quoting myself, but I checked with my TA and she said (as I have seen on the AMEX website) that the Platinum benefits are not combinable with any being offered from the cruise line. So even though Celebrity says their offer is combinable, AMEX, according to my TA, will not allow it. I know AMEX says there is up to $300.00 OBC per double occupancy stateroom; it does depend on the stateroom booked. My TA said the OBC from AMEX would be $100.00....and we have an AQUA stateroom booked....so the value of these benefits (OBC, dinner for 2, and champagne) in our case does not equal what Celebrity is offering ($250.00 for our cruise).

3. Is the adult only swimming pool only available to those in the Persian garden or accessible to all.[/quote']

Looks as if your wine question has been answered.

Tipping is a personal decision. Kind of base it on how much did the person bring you (for room service). The bar staff get a 15% tip on everything you order automatically. If you tip additional, they will probably take exceedingly good care of you.

The adult only swimming pool is available to all adults. It's not connected with the Persian Garden.

Enjoy your first Celebrity cruise! You'll probably be hooked.

When you have wine with dinner, if you don't finish it in one sitting, they will recork it and store it for the next night -- but if you'd prefer, you can carry it back to your cabin with you. Then you have a ready-made source for the next day.

I would tip $2 or $3 for room service -- but if you are impressed, sure go ahead and tip $5! I believe it's often your own cabin steward.

I'm trying to think of some "peculiarities" about the Century. One that comes to mind is that it took Mr. B. and me forever to figure out which stairway to use for the deck with the hotel desk. I believe that's the only deck where you can't walk the entire length of the ship.

Also, on our Australia/NZ sailing, our cabin steward didn't leave us the port info the evening before each port, and it took us several days to realize that they were available, in a wooden display case, near the hotel desk, kind of like where the daily sudoku, crossword puzzle and newspaper are offered.

I wish I could remember the AquaSpa Cafe, but to me, they're wonderful on all three classes of ship. Oh! is it the one with lots of indoor seating?? I think so.

I also don't remember an adults-only pool! But I guess on our cruise, I didn't find a need for it. We often only go to the pool around 5 pm to use the hot tub (and have a little plate of nachos, lol).

You realize that you can go to any bar and get a drink or glass of wine and carry it back to your room -- right?? along with a plate from the sushi offerings!

Have a great cruise.

What about the beverage packages - are they worth it??

Definitely not worth it for Mr. B. and me. We just don't drink anywhere near that much. From time to time, somebody posts drink menus with prices, and the package prices are available right on the =X= web site.

Many thanks for all your replies. They are so helpfull.

I should have mentioned we are on Equinox with regard to the adult only pool.

Thank you so much for the info regarding pre-order of wine but we have a LARGE amount of OBC to use.

I like the idea of taking unfinished wine back to our room and, yes, I already have my allotted 2 bottles of wine waiting. As you may appreciate, here in Spain, we wouldn't pay more than €4 for a bottle of good Rioja in a shop and €10 in a restaurant. Happy days!

Finally thanks for the heads-up on tipping. The Spanish frown upon it and we Brits are not too good at it either, so I am a little out of my comfort zone. I would hate to offend by offering too little.

I really cannot wait now to be at sail-away party.

Again thanks to you all.

Many thanks for all your replies. They are so helpfull.

I should have mentioned we are on Equinox with regard to the adult only pool.

Thank you so much for the info regarding pre-order of wine but we have a LARGE amount of OBC to use.

I like the idea of taking unfinished wine back to our room and' date=' yes, I already have my allotted 2 bottles of wine waiting. As you may appreciate, here in Spain, we wouldn't pay more than €4 for a bottle of good Rioja in a shop and €10 in a restaurant. Happy days!

Finally thanks for the heads-up on tipping. The Spanish frown upon it and we Brits are not too good at it either, so I am a little out of my comfort zone. I would hate to offend by offering too little.

I really cannot wait now to be at sail-away party.

Again thanks to you all.[/quote']

You're welcome! Enjoy your cruise. Please come back and let us know how it was.

Thank you so much for the info regarding pre-order of wine but we have a LARGE amount of OBC to use.quote]

You can also purchase the beverage packages once you are onboard. On sailing day' date=' there are tables set up and they will gladly take your order and charge it to your on board account.[/color'] Have fun!

According to the website the wine package must be ordered at least four days before you sail. Has this changed? It is on their website as of yesterday

Taste of the Vineyards Wine Packages

Celebrity's Taste of the Vineyards presents you with a worry-free way to choose wine for your entire cruise. Produced by top quality vineyards and international regions, our collection is designed to provide you with a vast assortment to choose from, as well as superior value. Simply advise your sommelier which wine you would like to have with your meal.

Quantities vary per package. Once you have confirmed your purchase online, the order cannot be modified. You may, however, cancel the order and then make your purchase(s) again.

Packages must be pre-reserved a minimum of four days before your sail date. To purchase Beverage Packages on board, please visit any bar throughout the ship. Taste of the Vineyards wine package is not available on Solstice® Class ships.

Book Taste Of The Vineyards Wine Package

Thank you so much for the info regarding pre-order of wine but we have a LARGE amount of OBC to use.quote]

You can also purchase the beverage packages once you are onboard. On sailing day' date=' there are tables set up and they will gladly take your order and charge it to your on board account.[/color'] Have fun!

Archived