Mariner Disappointment

geg

Everyone is entitled to post their opinions, what if the original post was a farce, just to bash RCCL. I have come to believe that there are people that would complain if they won the lottery. I was on the MOS last october and even with a few hiccups, the cruise was a wonderful vacation. Take it all with a grain of salt, the worst day of cruising is better than the best day of work (I know, not very original), I will gladly cruise in anyone elses shoes if they choose to stay home instead. There, done.

Oh my GOSH!!!!!!!!

I've read this thread with great interest. It cracks me up a bit that people take a message board so seriously!! I always assume the person on the other end is a 13 year old boy, cuz you just never know!

1corona4u.....Hold your breath, and slowly breathe out...are you ready?? I agree with EVERY SINGLE WORD YOU SAID!!!! It's a good day for us! :)

I knew we could find a nice middle ground. People are ripping on the OP and calling them a troll because they didn't reply to their own post with 5 HOURS??? Geeeeesh!

Okay, back to the sparring...

Oh my GOSH!!!!!!!!

I've read this thread with great interest. It cracks me up a bit that people take a message board so seriously!! I always assume the person on the other end is a 13 year old boy, cuz you just never know!

1corona4u.....Hold your breath, and slowly breathe out...are you ready?? I agree with EVERY SINGLE WORD YOU SAID!!!! It's a good day for us! :)

I knew we could find a nice middle ground. People are ripping on the OP and calling them a troll because they didn't reply to their own post with 5 HOURS??? Geeeeesh!

Okay, back to the sparring...

LOL....cool.:D

Oh, also, I doubt they will even reply IF they do come back....I would, but that's just me. Many would be intimidated by what they see here.....

I have been thinking about why some people are so vehement that the cruise is perfect even if someone posts something negative. I get why someone posts that the "entire cruise was horrible", ask me about my first marriage. Sure there were good times but I have selective memory about it and I *know* he does because we have mutual friends.

I am going on the Mariner in October and by GOLLY I don't want to hear negative things! Well I am all OK with the negatives I expect, but nothing new, thank you very much! I am all good with normal complaints but that every meal was horrible? I spent a lot of money on that cruise and there better be a few good meals. I don't want to hear that it was bad. I think that is human nature. I am more likely to believe a poster about a line I have not sailed if the report is bad. I think it's human nature.

That said, something another poster said tripped my, now faulty, memory. The SOS or Save Our Seas Program. If you hang your towel up they don't change it. Leave it on the floor and they do. Either way I would have been tracking down my room steward and telling him/her to change the "Freaking towels". If that didn't work a quick and polite chat with their supervisor should do it and if *that* didn't work I would tell the Steward their tip was being deducted from. I have NEVER had to go beyond asking the first time but everyone has differing experiences.

I am new here myself, just signed up today. I have been on 4 cruises & have one booked for 2006. I love island hopping & the entire cruise thing in general. I came here to learn more about all aspects of cruising, & I've learned much from just reading various posts already. I'm 44 years old soon & still learning everyday. The day I'm not learning, most likely I'm dead & burried.

I'm puzzled by posts that slam someone for a error in grammer, a typo, or a misspelled word. What's the big deal really? Does anyone really "know it all"?

I'm sure I will misspell words, & make many errors in grammer. Maybe in this post lol!!! Maybe someone can point these out to me so they can feel better about themselves. Why do people have to be so mean? Can't we all just help each other out & make the world a better place?

Just my opinion.......

I am new here myself, just signed up today. I have been on 4 cruises & have one booked for 2006. I love island hopping & the entire cruise thing in general. I came here to learn more about all aspects of cruising, & I've learned much from just reading various posts already. I'm 44 years old soon & still learning everyday. The day I'm not learning, most likely I'm dead & burried.

I'm puzzled by posts that slam someone for a error in grammer, a typo, or a misspelled word. What's the big deal really? Does anyone really "know it all"?

I'm sure I will misspell words, & make many errors in grammer. Maybe in this post lol!!! Maybe someone can point these out to me so they can feel better about themselves. Why do people have to be so mean? Can't we all just help each other out & make the world a better place?

Just my opinion.......

I think some on this site are a little annoyed at what seem to be LOTS of "reviews" that don't appear legit because they're VERY VERY negative and are very vague, at best. This post just sounded VERY familiar to one that got POOFED yesterday - the OP was WYSOBAD and the "review" was a bunch of garble that was very incoherent. Of course, some people will encounter mishaps on their vacations, but some of the "posters" go over the top and really go out of their way to make negative comments about everything. That's all. Some things cannot be controlled on a cruise (ROUGH SEAS, BEING 1!).

I think this is very amusing ~ gives me something to do when I need a break from work!

It frustrates some CC members since some vacationers will come to this site and look for honest reviews to find the best vacation and those people may read a troll post and may never cruise because of it. That's just MHO.

Have a trolly day!

I don't think it's fair to put someone down because they booked a suite. Sometimes that type of cabin just works better. Making the assumption that they expected preferential service is a huge leap.

Beth

Lighten up! It was said entirely tongue-in-cheek as a joke to lighten things up. :rolleyes: Please show me where I put someone down because they booked a suite?! I even put a ;) afterwards to denote that I was teasing.

*This is of course assuming you were responding to my post which was directly above yours.*

No Nikole my comments weren't directed soley at you. There were others who got in their cheap shots and they didn't use the smiley faces.

Beth

Hey #2 good to see you in the forums again. How come you aren't a blue ribbon cruiser or other illustrious title denoting your massive amounts of posts before the conversion? You had as many posts as anyone I know.

BTW, IMHO booking suites is bad economics....:p :D

jc

Hey #2 good to see you in the forums again. How come you aren't a blue ribbon cruiser or other illustrious title denoting your massive amounts of posts before the conversion? You had as many posts as anyone I know.

BTW, IMHO booking suites is bad economics....

jc

Would you believe I've been on a forced sabatical??? :p Last time I cruised a suite made a lot more economic sense than two cabins.

Beth

Would you believe I've been on a forced sabatical??? :p Last time I cruised a suite made a lot more economic sense than two cabins.

Beth

Yes, but in that case you made other bad choices, didn't you? :D :p Like agreeing to meet Stretch O for dinner, and becoming a Carnivore. :eek:

jc

Just my opinion.......

It is hard to tell if someone is really being mean or not in their comments, it is hard to read initial intent. Sometimes things I think are funny are not percieved that way. Yes, by the way, I do in fact know it all! I am the Queen of Knowledge by golly.. that said I want to point out that picking apart the grammar and spelling of the other posters on the board is strictly against the posting guidelines. You can turn them in for it (I never do, not worth my time personally). Just click on the little triangle to the right of the screen in their post. I save that particular bugger for dorks who post ads, those bug me.

Most of the time you just gotta remember that this is a HUGE forum filled with opinions and most of them are not going to match yours. Just blow it off and keep going. It is not worth getting upset about and certainly not worth letting it hurt your day. You will find some of the best information you could hope to find here.

Yes, but in that case you made other bad choices, didn't you? Like agreeing to meet Stretch O for dinner, and becoming a Carnivore. :eek:

jc

Ahhh but I have returned to the fold. I saw the light.:p Besides...... Stretch, being the southern gentleman that he is, picked up the tab. Doesn't look like a bad choice to me. ;)

Beth

Everyone has there likes and dislikes, and I think we should respect that. .

The food complaints which get to me are the ones who whine about the food being too "gourmet". There's even one on this thread bemoaning the fact that lamb and duck are served in the Windjammer. The cruiselines just can't win. No matter how hard they try to please everyone, there's always going to be whiners.

Allen

What is wrong with you all? Do you truly believe that RC is above reproach? We cruised on the Voyager Easter week this year and I must admit were disappointed. Put a bag over my heads...we did have a suite and yes our expectations were high...shame on us. When you pay $5300 for a family of three for seven days...shouldn't your expectations be high?

We did still have a wonderful trip. Mostly because we were with ten other families who were all friends and had seven days of perfect weather. We are great RC fans and had a nearly perfect cruise last year on the Enchantment of the Seas. Maybe that is why we were so disappointed with the Voyager class. Service, cleanliness, food...just wasn't the level we had experienced before with RC. Please don't slam me...we are usually great RC fans and are platinum level cruisers...we just feel the service level is not as high as it should be on Voyager class ships. We're returning to Vision and Radiance class.

Nobody is above reproach. RCI screws up daily. I read it here everyday. Especially, it seems that if you have just taken a cruise and you just signed up at CC today, it is almost 90% likely that you were in fact on the cruise from H*LL. :D ;)

jc

jphc318 - I love the name of your city!!

Nan59 - I for one don't think that RCI is above reproach. I just take offense to the posters who come on here and post a bad review and then don't return. This happens all the time and really is unfair to people who use these boards for help.

Nobody is above reproach. RCI screws up daily. I read it here everyday. Especially, it seems that if you have just taken a cruise and you just signed up at CC today, it is almost 90% likely that you were in fact on the cruise from H*LL. :D ;)

jc

Isn't that amazing??????

The number of first time posters with crappy reviews is incredible.

Must be some kind of weird phenomenom.

Yeah, right.

celtic

Guest OBAYbee
Isn't that amazing??????

The number of first time posters with crappy reviews is incredible.

Must be some kind of weird phenomenom.

Yeah, right.

celtic

I'm sorry, but I don't see where the OP's review was crappy at all. What I read was his disappointment regarding towels and the food in general.

He did say several positive things:

Accommodations: we had a Suite wit an adjoining suite on the 9th floor. Our two children shared the adjoining room. Our rooms were beautiful and sizable. The views and sitting decks were unbelievable.

"Entertainment: this is the highlight of the ship. The evenings and days were fill3ed with non stop action. The shows were first rate. The kid’s activities for all ages were extreme (additional costs for after 10:00 p.m. each evening). Our kids had a great time and met many people.

Food: the food was a dramatic disappointment. We rate the food at a three out of ten. ......

The service was good, but the food was sub par. The only food that was what we considered food cruise worthy was the upscale restaurants Chops and Portofino. These restaurants coat an additional $20.00 per person per night. My recommendation to you is get a less expensive cabin and take the difference in dollars and go to these two restaurants every night!"

I left out what he didn't like since a number of CC members already have it memorized. :/

Archived