Does NCL have an Upgrade Fairy?

clean1owner

A LOT HAS CHANGED SINCE 2012, when this thread was active. For instance, don't expect a free upgrade to the GV or an upsell. Ain't gonna happen... At least that's what we have been led to believe.

Why do you think that? :( I saw several other threads regarding upsells (after this one) as recent as May and June where people were still saying they were offered. Did this change recently?

Why do you think that? :( I saw several other threads regarding upsells (after this one) as recent as May and June where people were still saying they were offered. Did this change recently?

Upsells? Yes. To GV? No.

Upsells? Yes. To GV? No.

So what do they do with GV (Is that what you are calling what i posted above?)?

What could I potentially upsell to then? I'm in a Mini Suite in an M2 category on the Epic (deck 14) and there aren't any other Suites available (that I can see online). I don't see any other categories above that one that accommodate 4 people. I realize it was never "likely". That's why I said I can dream. But seriously, there's no place to upsell to even if it were likely. That's sad. LOL

Edited by cruisecritiquer

What could I potentially upsell to then? I'm in a Mini Suite in an M2 category on the Epic (deck 14) and there aren't any other Suites available (that I can see online). I don't see any other categories above that one that accommodate 4 people. I realize it was never "likely". That's why I said I can dream. But seriously, there's no place to upsell to even if it were likely. That's sad. LOL

some suites may become available again, possible near final payment time. Maybe you will enjoy dreaming more if some do reappear.

The GV (3 bedroom garden villa) is priced significantly higher than anything else on NCL. it was explained on here a while back that a group teceived an upsell to it and proceeded to verbalize the details to the occupants of the other GV rubbing their noses in how much less they had paid through the upsell. As NCL does not want to offend their highest paying customers they seem to rather the GV go empty. I can 't blame them.

Btw, there is no GV on Epic. Only Jewel/Dawn class ships. As you are in a minisuite on Epic there are other categories you might be upsold to. But only a few get that call, if ever.

I understand dreaming. :) Last week I imagined winning the PowerBall and booking at least 5 cruises asap. Oh well.

The GV (3 bedroom garden villa) is priced significantly higher than anything else on NCL. it was explained on here a while back that a group teceived an upsell to it and proceeded to verbalize the details to the occupants of the other GV rubbing their noses in how much less they had paid through the upsell. As NCL does not want to offend their highest paying customers they seem to rather the GV go empty. I can 't blame them.

Btw, there is no GV on Epic. Only Jewel/Dawn class ships. As you are in a minisuite on Epic there are other categories you might be upsold to. But only a few get that call, if ever.

I understand dreaming. :) Last week I imagined winning the PowerBall and booking at least 5 cruises asap. Oh well.

Can I ask why you brought up the 3 bedroom garden villa then? I thought you were saying the cabins I posted were these garden villas until you said 3 bedroom and explained. That's not what I put in my original post :confused: and not what I was dreaming about. LOL. I guess that's why I am so confused. I was dreaming about the cabin categories in my OP on this thread. The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony start at $2,999. Thanks for your help.

Any idea what cabin category is above M2 on deck 14 that can accommodate 4 people?

I realize, again, it's a dream. :)

Edited by cruisecritiquer

Can I ask why you brought up the 3 bedroom garden villa then? I thought you were saying the cabins I posted were these garden villas until you said 3 bedroom and explained. That's not what I put in my original post :confused: and not what I was dreaming about. LOL. I guess that's why I am so confused. I was dreaming about the cabin categories in my OP on this thread. The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony start at $2,999. Thanks for your help.

Any idea what cabin category is above M2 on deck 14 that can accommodate 4 people?

See post 9. That is where GV upsell is mentioned. Hence my 2012 reference. I was posting to this thread in general. Sorry if that was confusing. I am sorry I don't know specifics about those cabins. I am sure someone will help you soon. Keep dreaming. You will live longer. :)

If you had initiated a new post you would be the OP, but since you chose to open an old thread with now inaccurate information, they were pointing out that the GV is no longer upsold. You now have many people that don't know any better reading old, inaccurate information.

Ok. Dream over.

Last post to thread.

NEVER stop dreaming! Just don't set you heart on an upsell....most never receive the call but it is fun dreaming. And know what amount you are willing to pay before the call.

. it was explained on here a while back that a group teceived an upsell to it and proceeded to verbalize the details to the occupants of the other GV rubbing their noses in how much less they had paid through the upsell. .

Morons. :rolleyes:

I got a call from the Upsell dept today for my cruise in Sept on the Breakaway.

I did not consider the offer that much of a deal to go to the Deluxe owners Suite

What were the details, from what to what. When in September is your cruise?

Sept 1st and the cost total was what the price was when I was looking at the Haven. I think the deal is not that great because the sailing is completely sold out already 3 weeks out. This room just appeared a few days ago.

From Penthouse Suite to DOS for $4k more total.

Edited by GPPhilly

How do you know how many cabins are left?

By starting to do mock bookings (only far enough to see available cabins, max 15 are shown at the time) in different categories on ncl.com

Edited by Demonyte

Sept 1st and the cost total was what the price was when I was looking at the Haven. I think the deal is not that great because the sailing is completely sold out already 3 weeks out. This room just appeared a few days ago.

From Penthouse Suite to DOS for $4k more total.

I don't see that as much of a deal either. We are booked in a Penthouse Suite in March and that would not be enough for me to bite.

Now, after having 3 visits from the Upsell Fairy I wait. The best one we ever received was on our first Dawn cruse - to minisuites upsell to the two front penthouse balcony rooms 9000 and 9500. These were incredible...the views were spectacular. Two sailing later we were offered and AF(?) two bedroom, two bath on the Jade...which we took. The last time we were offered upsells was for the 9000 front balcony - this one we declined - we were crossing the North sea and although I like a rough ride....I know my limitations! I'm like the rest of you folks...the phone rings the week before the cruise, I jump to answer it. Also check your email - they sometimes send out a blanket email around 330 or 400 - and then it becomes first called in gets the room if you agree to the price.