My Review of Celebrity Silhouette- Feb 22nd to March 5th, 2012

Cruising Forever!

Well, it took me a LONG time to write this review for this gorgeous ship, but I finally have it ready to go! This is a picture intensive page without thumbnails, so it might take a great deal of time to load on slower connections. Also, some iPads with low memory (like our first gen iPad) will NOT load all of the pictures.

All of my Cruise Reviews can be reached via the link below, or you can go directly to the Celebrity Silhouette review here:

http://home.comcast.net/~pmccullough/cruise/Silhouette%2012/Silhouette%2012.htm

To all of you about to sail or planning to sail Silhouette in the future, have a GREAT time on our new favorite Celebrity ship!

Bon Voyage,

Paul

Thanks ever so much for this. It's one of the most comprehensive and objective reviews I've read.

We're on Silhouette in the Mediterranean in July. We were excited before, but now the anticipation factor is at 10.

Great review, thank you.

Interestingly, the one of few low spots for us on the Silhouette Nov 18th cruise was when I went up to the Aqua Spa cafe for some food, shirtless and in my swimtrunks as we were in the Solarium. I also was rudely told to put a shirt on. No sign, no nothing. Well, I went back and put a shirt on but I gave him a piece of my mind. Very weird.

We also loved the Silhouette. Third time for us in AQ on S class ships and we love it.

Many thanks for taking the time to put this fantastic review together for all of us. It's really very well done. We're on the Silhouette at the end of May and your pictures/information make me even more excited.

Great review, thank you.

Interestingly, the one of few low spots for us on the Silhouette Nov 18th cruise was when I went up to the Aqua Spa cafe for some food, shirtless and in my swimtrunks as we were in the Solarium. I also was rudely told to put a shirt on. No sign, no nothing. Well, I went back and put a shirt on but I gave him a piece of my mind. Very weird.

We also loved the Silhouette. Third time for us in AQ on S class ships and we love it.

Yeah, that was really odd about the Aqua Spa cafe; glad you didn't see a sign either... I was having some doubts that maybe it was posted somewhere and I was just too oblivious to see it. :D

Aqua Class cabins are the best... I'll never have anything else on Celebrity. Now I just wish Royal Caribbean would do the same thing with some of their balconies (but what would they do for Blu?!?)- :)

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Cruisin' Forever!

Hi Paul - Thank you for sharing your review. I love the details and the pictures. We just booked Reflection for December 2013 and now a bit concern that 7 nights are not enough...lol. Can't believe I am going to say this but I am more excited to be on the Reflection than Oasis and Allure.

Great review, I am leaving on the Silhouette on 4/22/12 for the transatlantic. Makes me even more excited after reading your wonderful review. I was on the Solstice last year on the TA and thought the Silhouette would be pretty much the same. I guess I really have something to look forward to.

One question if you have time. How early were they letting people on the ship? I know it can vary from sailing to sailing, the cruise docs say 2pm, but I am much to excited to wait until 2pm.

Norma

Hi Paul - Thank you for sharing your review. I love the details and the pictures. We just booked Reflection for December 2013 and now a bit concern that 7 nights are not enough...lol. Can't believe I am going to say this but I am more excited to be on the Reflection than Oasis and Allure.

We want to do Celebrity Reflection as well, but she will have to wait till we can save some money for one of the new AquaClass Suites! (Basically sounds like a Junior Suite on Oasis, but with BLU!!!) I think Reflection is going to be amazing!

We were really lucky (and I thank Celebrity cruises for the opportunity) that Silhouette spent her inaugural winter here in NJ. The fact that there was no airfare made a 12 night cruise in a AquaClass cabin much easier to afford.

Cheers,

Paul

Great review, I am leaving on the Silhouette on 4/22/12 for the transatlantic. Makes me even more excited after reading your wonderful review. I was on the Solstice last year on the TA and thought the Silhouette would be pretty much the same. I guess I really have something to look forward to.

One question if you have time. How early were they letting people on the ship? I know it can vary from sailing to sailing, the cruise docs say 2pm, but I am much to excited to wait until 2pm.

Norma

Most people were boarding Silhouette by 11:30am. I don't think this will be different for the TA (envy you!). Cape Liberty does have a comfortable holding area with snacks if you do arrive too early, but I'd get there around 11am.

Have an excellent cruise!

Cheers,

Paul

We want to do Celebrity Reflection as well' date=' but she will have to wait till we can save some money for one of the new AquaClass Suites! (Basically sounds like a Junior Suite on Oasis, but with BLU!!!) I think Reflection is going to be amazing!

We were really lucky (and I thank Celebrity cruises for the opportunity) that Silhouette spent her inaugural winter here in NJ. The fact that there was no airfare made a 12 night cruise in a AquaClass cabin much easier to afford.

Cheers,

Paul[/quote']

We haven't done an inaugrual cruise yet and hope to have the means when the Sunshine ship debuts in 2014. It will be so awesome if it's in the Fall and have the 12 night itinerary from NJ. Is that too much to hope? We're like you... 7 nights are just too short thus we're doing b2b on the Oasis class next year and 1st TA this year.

Fantastic review and pictures!!

I'm disappointed to hear about the alcoves as our family has one booked for both sea days on our upcomign Med cruise. It does seem strange to have the alcoves facing inward instead of the water....someone must have thought it was more aesthetically pleasing that way.....:rolleyes:

Thanks for such a detailed review - we will be on the Silhouette in October and were lucky enough to get a great deal on an AQ cabin. After reading your review I am even more excited to try Blu.