Fire on the Allure

You've got to think No News..Is Good News

It's been almost an hour since the original post. I would think if things were getting worse or weren't under control there would be more updates, texts, and emails from CC members and family members :confused:

It's been almost an hour since the original post. I would think if things were getting worse or weren't under control there would be more updates, texts, and emails from CC members and family members :confused:

This might be a correct statement but another idea could be they are limiting internet access time so everyone can get info back to relatives to let them know they are ok. Just a thought.

Tim

Not to be a pessimist but no news can also mean everyone is far too busy to bother with texting or calling.

I seriously doubt things are that bad. But I'm sure they've locked down the satellite channels until head office can get the spin masters up to speed.

WSVN is reporting that the fire was quickly put out and no one was injured. The ship continued on and is stilled scheduled to arrive in port on Sunday.

http://www.wsvn.com/

Everything seems to be ok on the Allure. My daughter has been "talking" on Facebook with some of the crew members. They're surprised we've heard about the problem.

There's nothing like the sound of "Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!" on a cruise ship without warning that it's a drill. If that doesn't make the hair on your neck stand up, nothing will.:eek:

Everything seems to be ok on the Allure. My daughter has been "talking" on Facebook with some of the crew members. They're surprised we've heard about the problem.

I'm one of the last American holdouts from Facebook, so forgive the question if it seems strange.... Does your daughter actually know crew members on the Allure? Or is this just a general Allure facebook page she is posting on? If so, is this a page that others can join?

If this is accurate and true, and there is not really any reason not to believe it, this is the best news on this thread.

Tim

My Buddy is on the ship, and he heard that the problem started while doing routine maintenance the engine wasn't finished draining oil before the command to start the engine. The engine did catch fire but due to the on-board fire system it was out in a short time. There is a problem, and that is many of the engineers think it was run with no, or little oil. It is an auxiliary so there will be no delays.

I am happy to hear that Royal Caribbean dealt with this in the best possible ways, and that the fire now is out. Thank God that noone got hurt, that the crew, passengers and crew is fine.

..let just not hope that we now hear of a bunch of passengers that demands some sort of compensation. That would just be tasteless.

I am happy to hear that Royal Caribbean dealt with this in the best possible ways, and that the fire now is out. Thank God that noone got hurt, that the crew, passengers and crew is fine.

..let just not hope that we now hear of a bunch of passengers that demands some sort of compensation. That would just be tasteless.

I see no reason, the ship didn't even berp. :D

This might be a correct statement but another idea could be they are limiting internet access time so everyone can get info back to relatives to let them know they are ok. Just a thought.

Tim

How does limiting internet access help in getting info back to relatives?:confused:

How does limiting internet access help in getting info back to relatives?:confused:

By limiting access time it allows more people to get on the computer to get in touch with family. It prevents someone from taking 60 minutes to surf the internet for various things.

By limiting access time it allows more people to get on the computer to get in touch with family. It prevents someone from taking 60 minutes to surf the internet for various things.

More people are getting on the computer to contact family, so less information is being provided?:confused:

Just got this text from my cousin who is on the Allure of the Seas (4/20/12 9:50PM)

My cousin is on the Allure right now. Just got this text:

Fire on board - All is fine but it was panic on the ship - emergency sirens - lockdown on the floors - PA announcements every few mins.

Black smoke billowing out of the top stacks - we had to change direction for a bit to make the smoke not come into the ship (although we could smell it!)

More info as I get it...

Are they burning the Escargot?

Archived