issue with hotel room beds...hope princess is better...

only1deejay

So, I am one of those people who have a hard time sleeping in hotel rooms, places other than my own bed at home...I have even tried bringing my own pillow from home thinking that will do the trick. no such luck.

My question is this...since I booked a balcony cabin...if I am restless and can't sleep in the cabin, can I sleep on the balcony area or will I get in trouble??? or even better can I snag a pool lounger and sleep under the stars??? thanks. newbie.:)

So, I am one of those people who have a hard time sleeping in hotel rooms, places other than my own bed at home...I have even tried bringing my own pillow from home thinking that will do the trick. no such luck.

My question is this...since I booked a balcony cabin...if I am restless and can't sleep in the cabin, can I sleep on the balcony area or will I get in trouble??? or even better can I snag a pool lounger and sleep under the stars??? thanks. newbie.:)

You can sleep anywhere you want. Within reason of course. :)

I don't think anyone would care if you slept on your balcony, but the balcony furniture isn't comfortable. You can probably find threads on that topic. Many pool chairs are stacked at night. You probably would be awakened by a staff person if you were sleeping on a deck chair at night. Princess beds are very, very firm unless you luck out and get one of the new mattresses that some have reported. Good luck.

Our son and his wife dragged the mattresses onto the balcony one time on a RCCL ship. They slept there a few days when the airco broke down and it was too stuffy in the cabin.

Theo

I don't think anyone would care if you slept on your balcony, but the balcony furniture isn't comfortable. You can probably find threads on that topic. Many pool chairs are stacked at night. You probably would be awakened by a staff person if you were sleeping on a deck chair at night. Princess beds are very, very firm unless you luck out and get one of the new mattresses that some have reported. Good luck.

Are they planning on changing the neds fleetwide? If so, any idea when? I'll be on the Sapphire next April and hoping I get lucky, but considering the Sapphire just got out of drydock and apparently still has rock-hard beds I'm not getting my hopes up.

I guess you really can sleep anywhere because on our cruise last month, my husband and I were playing ping pong, and when I retrieved the ball about 20 ft away (at 1:00 AM), I discovered a sleeping man on one of the loungers! We had no idea he was there until that point but played quietly thereafter.

Word is that the mattresses are being replaced as needed, so no way to know for sure if your cabin will have a new mattress or not. I'm on the Sapphire in November and am keeping my fingers crossed. Sometimes the egg crate foam is no more than a 1/2 inch thick and really doesn't do anything. If you have real issues, as I do, you should probably bring your own topper.

Word is that the mattresses are being replaced as needed, so no way to know for sure if your cabin will have a new mattress or not. I'm on the Sapphire in November and am keeping my fingers crossed. Sometimes the egg crate foam is no more than a 1/2 inch thick and really doesn't do anything. If you have real issues, as I do, you should probably bring your own topper.

I have heard several remark that they bring their own gel topper. I have a gel topper, and it is so heavy, I needed help to carry it! It's 3 1/2 inches deep and really does help. But, there's no way I'd lug it along, particularly if I'm flying. I suppose if I was doing a world cruise, or anything over 2 months, I'd buy one in the homeport and just get rid of it at the end.

My back is so bad that I had a problem on HAL over the past 2 weeks. However, my last Princess cruise, I did get the egg crate topper and had no problems. I guess it's the luck of the draw on mattresses. Apparently, they change them in groups and don't wait for dry dock or refurbishment.

Are they planning on changing the neds fleetwide? If so, any idea when? I'll be on the Sapphire next April and hoping I get lucky, but considering the Sapphire just got out of drydock and apparently still has rock-hard beds I'm not getting my hopes up.

We are just off the Sun Princess and our cabin steward took time during his "Welcome on board and I am Jimmy at your service" spiel for a show and tell about the new bedding - a queen sized upholstered soft topper for the bed, very comfy and also covering the division between the twin beds when pushed together. If this improvement has made its way downunder, it must be fleet wide! ;)

Colleen

Archived