Captains Table

We also had dinner one night......John was off for a week. At about 10:45 we had a table crasher. This girl/ladie showed up in the almost empty dining room and sat at a table by herself next to our table and proceeded to just watch our table. After about 15 minutes she got up and stood next to our table inquiring who Carl was. Odly she offered him a lap dance.........no joke! We started handing her our flowers and a cookbook in hopes she would leave. But she pulled up a chair and sat down.

It was probably the oddest thing I've ever seen.

LOL!!! Can't wait to ask him about this;)

1. Be very high up in the C&A food chain.

2. Book a really big suite.

3. Be a very attractive couple.

4. Be the same nationality as the captain.

5. No one knows.

I guess we're a big number FIVE then! We were invited last year on our first cruise ever. Got to have dinner at Capt. Gus's table on the Enchantment, very cool.

I can tell you one thing, the people who show up in the MDR in "nice" shorts and a "clean" baeball cap because after all it is their vacation so the dress code does not apply to them are not getting invited

This statement is TRUE. Also true is the fact that this is not something that every cruiser will enjoy. But I surely DO!!!!!

Every time I have booked a PH suite on a Celebrity ship I have been invited to dine with the Captain. And each time I carry along previous photos from those dinners. The Captains enjoy reminiscing.

We were on our maybe 3rd or 4th cruise with RCL and were traveling with another couple. When the 4 of us checked in, we noticed that our tables were not the same so we immediately went to the dining room to try to get that changed. After waiting in line for a short time, we were told that they had only one table available where the 4 of us could be seated and that it happened to be the Captain's table on formal night. So, it wasn't really an invitation, but somehow it happened for us! It was our 2nd time on Rhapsody - the first time in Alaska and this time a few years later in Galveston, and since on our first cruise, we (didn't know any better and) bought all the pictures, including the one of us shaking hands with the Captain, when he sat down next to me I immediately recognized him, shook his hand and told him that we had met previously in Alaska. He told me it was nice to see me again, looking kind of apologetic that he didn't remember our first encounter. Ha. I did run into him again a few days after our dinner and he did recognize me that time!:D

Out of 18 cruises we have been at the captains table twice. We have never had a suite and are lowly Diamond members. Last time we heard someone complain nearby as we sat down that we were "too young" to sit there. (We are in our 50's).

All I can say it's been great both times. I would never turn it down. It's been a highlight of our trip each time. But then we like meeting new people and the food and wine are great!

I can tell you one thing, the people who show up in the MDR in "nice" shorts and a "clean" baeball cap because after all it is their vacation so the dress code does not apply to them are not getting invited

I guess that means I should keep wearing my shorts so I don't have to bother turning it down. Last cruise, we were with my sis-in-law and her hubbie (the very formal types- he wears a suit to dinner every night) and I'm more a wear whatever I feel like guy. But our table was right next to the Captains table and my brother in law was in awe of the china that was used the different menus the whole big deal. He said "man I'd love to get invited to the captain's table" and I said I wish it was somewhere else cause it sure seems to slow down our service tonight. No point to this story other than different strokes for different folks. And for the record, we get along great even though, they're way more formal than DW and I. We booked our next cruise together again because although we dress differently, we still enjoy good food, good wine and good conversation.

Seem to recall the same china - but the Captain’s table on the Freedom has these really cool escargot plates that hold 12 escargot. We’ve been invited to the Captain’s table on several ships, and I think the Freedom is the only one with these special escargot plates. It is a nice presentation for escargot lovers.

M

I'm not VJH, but I travel solo quite a bit. I was invitied to the Captain's table on Vision. There were 8 D+ on board. We were all invited one evening. There were 3 couples and one other single. It was very nice.

Thank you very much for your response. It is good to know that the possibility exists:)

I'm a solo cruiser and my dining companion (another solo) and I were invited to the Captain's Table. Each of us had complained separately to Guest Services about how poorly an unrequested "table reassignment" on night 2 had been handled by the dining room management and the result was a CT invitation. Our table had 4 folks from the Royal Suite (won at bingo), a young couple who the captain had met, another couple who had written a letter to the captain, and another solo cruiser gentleman (25+ cruises on the EX) who was my "date" plus the captain and one of his female staff. Lovely evening - pre dinner cocktails in a lounge, grand entrance 20 minutes late to the MDR, specially printed menu, complimentary photo, and interesting company. So reasons 1, 2 and 3 were satisfied at our table.

We dined at the captain's table on the Dolphin IV (I know - not many people to choose from!) many years ago. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was the four 18-year-old girls and the 2 hot mommas (mine included) that gave us a shot at it. :) He seemed to be very flirty with my mom, and insisted on taking her for a "private tour." :eek:

Archived