My Adventure of the Seas T/A reveiw with pics from April 15, 2012

we continued to climb and climb until the fog got so thick we could not see. So assuming the fact that i could not see, i was guessing the driver could not see either. This is the part i could have done without. Now at the top where we were suppose to stop, there was zero visibility so we continued down the other side and stopped when the fog cleared. We had a nice opportunity to take some photos and i offered the driver a strong drink!!!!

100_1688.jpg

100_1689.jpg

100_1714.jpg

100_1724.jpg

100_1733.jpg

100_1726.jpg

This is the couple we met at breakfast one morning in the Windjammer. There were from California and were continuing their travels in Spain and then off to Hawaii!!

Our next stop on the tour was a small fishing village where we, but not everyone, had lunch. We tried the fish sandwich recommended by the guide and the local drink favorite of rum, honey and lemon juice. Both were excellent! We did not stay long, only about 30 mins.

100_1737.jpg

100_1746.jpg

100_1739.jpg

100_1747.jpg

100_1749.jpg

100_1756.jpg

Hopefully im not boring everyone with all the pictures but there were so many things to see it was over whelming. Our next stop on the bus tour in Madeira was Funchal and some wine tasting, which turned into bringing four bottles home. Im not a wine drinker but it was very good.

We could have taken the bus home after the wine session but we decided to waste the remaining four hours and grab a cab back after some lunch.

100_1779.jpg

100_1777.jpg

100_1772.jpg

100_1770.jpg

100_1784.jpg

100_1794.jpg

Funchal was a great place to walk around and explore the narrow streets and shops. We walked the sidewalk next to the water and stopped and had a drink on a old Yaht named the Vagrant which was owned by the Beatles years ago. It had a nice veiw of the ship at the peir.

100_1807.jpg

100_1800.jpg

100_1808.jpg

We walked around a little more and bought some gifts for the kids and decided it was time for food and beer!! We found a nice sidewalk side cafe. We both had the fish sandwiches and local drinks. Good stuff!

100_3189.jpg

100_3192.jpg

100_3194.jpg

Here are the last six pictures of Madeira and Funchal. We loved this island so much i could see us spending more time here. Just a real long flight to get there.

After lunch we headed to a find a taxi, low and behold it was next to a cafe, so.......we had a glass of wine before sharing a cab with another couple and headed back to the ship. A great day on this wonderful island!!!

101_0532.jpg

101_0528.jpg

100_3176.jpg

100_3170.jpg

100_1814.jpg

100_1811.jpg

We had lunch the with the two women sitting at the table the day before. They are from Canada and we found we all had a lot in comman. The two men are performers from the ship and one is the son of one of the woman, so they were showing them the town, Great people from all over the world on this cruise. We walked all the way through the crowd and just happen to stop and look at our map when we heard them call our names. Good times!!

More to come from our last day at sea and Malaga Spain. Need sleep!!

Hubby took that tour also. he loved it. I was going to post pictures but he thought they were told they were not allowed to post any. Was he remembering incorrectly (as I didn't go, I just assumed was right)

Erika

Erika,

I never heard that about posting them and i took alot of pictures. So i would say post away. I'd love to see them

Yes Nigel was our room steward. To be on deck 9 was just great and to have a balcony. We had breakfast on our balcony when we went into the harbour of St. Thomas.

Our cabin was the one with the birthday sign for the last days of the cruise.

I remember and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!:D

Our final day at sea was very uneventful. We tried to squeeze in everything that we did not get to do but there was just not enough time. We packed a little then went for drinks. Much of the time was spent looking at some whales that wee spotted off the port side. We went to Johnny Rockets for the first time and had a great time. One of the highlights for me was seeing the coast of Africa and the coast of Spain at the same time as we approached the Straights of Gibraltar. On the bow was the best vantage point. All our luggagae was gone and we turned in early anticipating a busy day.

100_1843.jpg

100_3204-1.jpg

This is about all we saw of Africa. Just knowing where we were was very exciting!

Saturday April 28th. All done!!!

Today we are getting off the ship. Sad day for everyone. We had a small breakfast in the WindJammer and headed to the MDR on deck four. Before we even entered we were told we could disembark the ship. At 7am i was waiting for our luggage. The true sad part was that it was pour out. n no time at all we had our bags and were heading to the taxi stand. I was very surprised that we did not see any Custom Agents. This will haunt us in Germany.

We stood in the rain for a minute when we were assigned a cab who quickly took us to our hotel in Malaga. We stayed at the Room Mate Larios at Larios Square, Nice place and i highly recommend it to anyone doing a pre or post cruise stay.

101_0592.jpg

101_0594.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

100_3274.jpg

The veiw from the room!!!!

Although it was raining we tried to do as much as we could. We could not check in until 2pm so we had time to kill. We stored our luggage at the hotel and went off to find the Malaga double decker tour bus. The bus takes you on a loop ride around Malaga stopping at all the hot spots about every 20 minutes. You pay for a 24 hour pass and get on and off as many times as you like. Saw the fort, or castle as they like to call it at the top of the mountain. It was a great take but it was cold and raw. And with a cold brewing for the DW, we did not stay to long

100_3236.jpg

100_3238.jpg

100_3244.jpg

100_3245.jpg

All scnes from the Castle.

We saw the bull fighting ring, The Picasso Museum and the Roman Theater. Most of our time was just walking around the narrow street exploring. Good thing we had that umbrella. The streets were a very interesting place to spend time. They were very narrow and always something new to see around the corner. Unfortunately it rained both days we were here so by 4pm on Sunday we had had enough of getting wet. 100_3299.jpg

100_3311.jpg

100_3317.jpg

100_3324.jpg

100_3348.jpg

100_3377.jpg

Here are the final pictures of the post. We loved Spain and wish we could have spent more time there. The rain really hindered what we could do. One second it was clear, the next it was raining.

IMG_0554.jpg

100_3381.jpg

We grabbed a twenty dollar cab ride to the Malaga Airport and began the long journey home. All things considered it was pretty easy. All of the three flights went perfectly with out incident. We flew from Malaga to Oslo Norway, to Frankfurt Germany and finally to Boston. Our bus ride home was a chance to close our eyes.

All in all we had a great on this cruise and i miss it already. While we were on board we booked two more cruises so that will help with the withdrawals.

Some of the things i wish we had done on this trip, although not to many things were missed, there is always room for some more.

1) I wish we had done a non stop to San Juan and spent more time there.

2) I wish we had done more beach time and pool deck time.

3) I wish we had done the My Time Dining.

4) I wish i had brought more money and less clothes.

5) I wish i was still there!!!!!!

It was a great trip, a great cruise and a GREAT SHIP!!!!!!!

Hopefully everyone enjoyed my review!!! Maybe we will see you on the waves!!

101_0597.jpg

Malaga Airport

101_0603.jpg

Sunrise in Oslo!

IMG_0557.jpg

Back in Boston!!!!!!!

See you for the next one!!!

Oh I am feeling quite tearful. My virtual cruise is over.:mad:

In 10 weeks I will have my turn though. :D

The weather has been pretty awful recently - in a typical year you could have got some of beach time in Malaga.

I had to smile at your review of Malaga though, you know I live 90 minutes drive away and you have seen more of Malaga than I have!! Now that the kids are both at college (so we have finished 4 years of March - June studying for school exams to get them there) we are starting to do day trips in the area. Malaga is on my list.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this trip. (Go Redsox)

Thank you for an excellent and entertaining review, and for the fabulous photos.

A pity you were a bit shocked by the barreness of Tenerife and Lanzarote, but if you had done a bit of research you would have discovered that the volcanic lunar landscape is what makes it so unusual and a major attraction. Our daughter did the Timanfaya park with her boyfriend last year and they were very impressed.

Glad you had a wonderful trip :)

Archived