My Adventure of the Seas T/A reveiw with pics from April 15, 2012

Great review. Have to say I did a double take of the pictures of Tenerife. I've never been, but it looks just like some stretches of the Columbia River in eastern wa/oregon. I guess it's the dry, windswept look!

Would love to go on this trip someday. Thx!

What an awesome review, and I love your sunny approach! Thank you for sharing.

I'm curious, what happened with customs in Germany?

We just got held up for a little buit when we went through their customs. They found there was nothing from Spain and asked why it was never stamped. We told them we never went through any customs in Spain because they were not there. He seemed very surprised. For that matter we did not go through any type of customs in Norway either.

He chuckled and sent us on our way.

I looked forward to your updates every day.

How did you get to post your pictures so that they come up that size? Did you have to resize any of your photos prior to posting them here?

Again, thank you.

CruiserTK,

Not sure whay i did other than point and shoot and cut and paste. I love to take pictures but not into photography. I left the pixel setting at the highest and the rest is history! Hope that helps. :cool:

Well i just cannot stay away. Here is a link to a video of the Bridge on the Adventure. I hope it works!!!! I might post some more. I have a lot!!!

:rolleyes:http://youtu.be/Gpv0wwlFQmc

Thanks again for the wonderful photos and review!

The short video from the bridge captures one of the greatest surprises a first time TAer might have - calm seas while crossing the Atlantic Ocean.

I remember that before my first TA, one of my biggest concerns about sea days was, "What if the seas are so rough I spend my cruise holed up in my stateroom?" :eek:

Well, not only have we been fortunate to have far more "smooth as glass" sea days than rough sea days, but the prices for these TAs have helped to feed my TA habit. :cool:

Glad you enjoyed yourselves and thanks again for reminding us how much fun we'll have on AoS this Autumn.

Sylvia & Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Buffettphan1- Thank you for the review of your hotel in San Juan. I was the one asking for details before you left on your cruise. Do you happen to have anymore pictures of it or could go into a little more detail for me?? Only if you have time :) Was it good for a 1 night stay? Reviews on Trip Adivsor say the rooms are really small, but I like that it's close to the beach!

Any other input would be fantastic. Your TA cruise looked amazing!! Thanks for sharing!

Jena

Buffettphan1- Thank you for the review of your hotel in San Juan. I was the one asking for details before you left on your cruise. Do you happen to have anymore pictures of it or could go into a little more detail for me?? Only if you have time :) Was it good for a 1 night stay? Reviews on Trip Adivsor say the rooms are really small, but I like that it's close to the beach!

Any other input would be fantastic. Your TA cruise looked amazing!! Thanks for sharing!

Jena

Hi Jena,

I remember you and it is my pleasure to try and give you as much info on the Holiday Inn X in San Juan.

I dont have anymore photos other than what i posted in the review but i can tell you i was happy with it. It is base line Holiday Inn X and fine for a pre nighter cruise stop. The rooms are smaller than the norm but not so much that it will effect you. It is close to the beach and handy to a package store.

Best of all its close to the ship, i forget the cab fare but it was not to much.

Hope it works. They are happy friendly people.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Carl

Great pics on a great review!

My GF is after me to do a TA, but I think we're going to do the long flights on the front end and go west-bound. Mostly because I hate flying and would just as soon get that little detail out of the way!

Hi Jena,

I remember you and it is my pleasure to try and give you as much info on the Holiday Inn X in San Juan.

I dont have anymore photos other than what i posted in the review but i can tell you i was happy with it. It is base line Holiday Inn X and fine for a pre nighter cruise stop. The rooms are smaller than the norm but not so much that it will effect you. It is close to the beach and handy to a package store.

Best of all its close to the ship, i forget the cab fare but it was not to much.

Hope it works. They are happy friendly people.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Carl

Thank you again for getting back to me! I think it might be the one we go with, just to get it that part of the planning out of the way! :) Appreciate the help!

Jena

Thanks so much for your great review! We were on the Caribbean Princess 4/15 sailing and had a great time. However, since Princess isn't sailing from San Juan in 2013 we booked the Adventure and can't wait!!! :D

Hey! I 'know you!" we're going on AOS the same week! Thought I saw you on another board! CC is a 'small world' lol...:D

Hey! I 'know you!" we're going on AOS the same week! Thought I saw you on another board! CC is a 'small world' lol...:D

Yes we are sailing together! Are we excited about the Adventure now that we have seen these pictures??? :D

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived