Is Celebrity kid friendly?

BaronVonIggy

We took our 2 girls (ages 7 and 9) on the Eclipse during their Spring Break (sailed the day before Easter).

They LOVED it. They went to the kids club on the 3 sea days (for a few hours at a time as we wanted this to be a family vacation and to have them spend time with us). They wanted to be there 24/7. If you asked them their favorite part of the vacation and what they missed most being back it was the kids club (aka fun factory).

They loved being pampered at dinner by the wait staff.

One thing I liked about this cruise is that everything was open...the disco was and the theater where the comedy shows were was the only thing really enclosed. So they got to listen to and dance to all types of music throughout the ship.

My ODD is a night owl like me so we spent many nights strolling the ship after dinner watching the different musical acts (and dancing). She really enjoyed that.

The shows we watched were spectacular!

They said they had 500 children on board the week we went. It did not seem like that many. My girls made a few friends and just really enjoyed everything about the ship, the ports and the counselors.

We have never been on Celebrity we always travel with our kids. So I'm trying to fined out if they are kid friendly and if there is fun stuff for kids on board?

Yes!

We have not sailed with kids,but, when we were on Equinox 10 day cruise with only 21 kids, the 4-year old at the next table hjad to be dragged out of the kid's program.

We took our 2 girls (ages 7 and 9) on the Eclipse during their Spring Break (sailed the day before Easter).

They LOVED it. They went to the kids club on the 3 sea days (for a few hours at a time as we wanted this to be a family vacation and to have them spend time with us). They wanted to be there 24/7. If you asked them their favorite part of the vacation and what they missed most being back it was the kids club (aka fun factory).

They loved being pampered at dinner by the wait staff.

One thing I liked about this cruise is that everything was open...the disco was and the theater where the comedy shows were was the only thing really enclosed. So they got to listen to and dance to all types of music throughout the ship.

My ODD is a night owl like me so we spent many nights strolling the ship after dinner watching the different musical acts (and dancing). She really enjoyed that.

The shows we watched were spectacular!

They said they had 500 children on board the week we went. It did not seem like that many. My girls made a few friends and just really enjoyed everything about the ship, the ports and the counselors.

Yes!

We have not sailed with kids,but, when we were on Equinox 10 day cruise with only 21 kids, the 4-year old at the next table hjad to be dragged out of the kid's program.

This sounds great we are looking for something for the older people in our group, but not leave the kids out.

Thank you

This sounds great we are looking for something for the older people in our group, but not leave the kids out.

Thank you

In addition to my dh, myself and my two girls we also went with my in laws. this ship was perfect for all of us. not too rowdy and not too serene :)

If you go during a non-school break there will be less children but that means they get more individual attention from the counselors who were amazing.

I forgot one thing my girls loved, loved, loved was the star gazing one night. Up on the lawn they had blankets and gave us a cheese platter (I had wine of course) and they showed a slideshow on planets/galaxy and then one of the officers had a laser pointer and he was pointing at different stars/planets and explaining about each one. They then passed out a few ipads with the stargazing programs on it for us to use. We do that a home a lot but being out in the middle of the ocean (and they turn off a lot of the outside top lights for this) there were sooo many stars to see. The girls were amazed.

In addition to my dh, myself and my two girls we also went with my in laws. this ship was perfect for all of us. not too rowdy and not too serene :)

If you go during a non-school break there will be less children but that means they get more individual attention from the counselors who were amazing.

I forgot one thing my girls loved, loved, loved was the star gazing one night. Up on the lawn they had blankets and gave us a cheese platter (I had wine of course) and they showed a slideshow on planets/galaxy and then one of the officers had a laser pointer and he was pointing at different stars/planets and explaining about each one. They then passed out a few ipads with the stargazing programs on it for us to use. We do that a home a lot but being out in the middle of the ocean (and they turn off a lot of the outside top lights for this) there were sooo many stars to see. The girls were amazed.

This is starting to sound better and better, love it.

We have cruised Celebrity with grandchildren and everyone, waiters, cabin stewards, kids club attendants, everyone, treated the children like they were little princes and princesses. The kids had a wonderful time.

They do treat kids very special...whether there is just a small handful of tikes on board, or a lot more. Fun to see them traipsing around the ship on their treasure hunts!

Our son and daughter are college-age now, but sailed with us on =X= (as well as the cousins) and enjoyed it.

On our Solstice cruise last June, it seemed the kids and family were having a good time. Below is one of pictures to illustrate (and prove) that point. It was fun watching them enjoy things on the ship.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 78,100 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

In the pool area, they have these water jets that put on a nice “show”, both to watch and/or for kids to play in.:

SolsticeKidsPool.jpg

We went on the Summit last summer with our 2 and 4 year old. We are returning again this year. My soon to be 3 year old is excited she can join her sister this year in the Fun Factory. My older DD had a blast and we had to drag her from the fun factory at night.

The staff all treated both my girls like princesses all week. They had a great time and so did mommy and daddy ;)

I would try to stick with school breaks though rather than times when the kids are all in school. The week we went there were 500 kids on board but it certainly didn't feel like nearly that many. But we heard that the following week they were only expecting about 50 kids.

as a little kid im sure you can become part of their kid friendly camp my son is a teen and seemed to have a good time and stayed out late but i believe he always saw the young kids having a fun time in the camp or out of the camp when we went over the summer to bermuda on the summit he seemed to be having a good time and he said the little kids did too.

You have all made it sound like and feel like a Great Line, I can't want to find the right cruise for us on Celebrity. Thank you all so much...

The good news in seeking that "right cruise" is that Celebrity has lots of different ships going in a nice variety of different places and locations. In my view, where you go is very important, too!

Tell us more on your interests, travel style, what you like to see and do, parts of the world visited in the past, etc. How much budget flexibility, past Europe travel experience, etc.? How much are you interested in history? Countryside vs. cities? Museums, food, wine, art, music, shopping, culture, nature, architecture, wildlife, etc.? How much of it in a leisurely style versus fast-paced? Then, with more detailed information from you, we can make better, more specific suggestions on what best fits your needs and interests.

Personally, I like Europe lots, having done 22 different countries there. Australia and New Zealand are next on our "to-do" lists, booked on the Solstice for early 2014 there. Celebrity goes to many different places that could be of interest.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 78,246 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Stargazing sounds amazing, how was this organised please? Was it a fun factory activity or a general activity or specially arranged? We would love to this on our forthcoming cruise! :D

Just off a cruise with our 2 grandkids. 5 and 1.. The 5 year old loved the fun factory. Great activities. He even opted to eat dinner with them on one night. The baby was too small for the fun factory. The staff took time to pay attention to her. We had terrific waiters who really paid attention to serving the kids quickly. We did request a table close to the door and on the side. Although we love the kids, we didn't want them to annoy other people. They are kids. The table next to the window provided a nice diversion for the kids. They enjoyed looking out.

Stargazing sounds amazing, how was this organised please? Was it a fun factory activity or a general activity or specially arranged? We would love to this on our forthcoming cruise! :D

I have the same question! We just took my DD and DS to the Planetarium over the weekend and they loved it. Stargazing on board the ship would be an even more amazing experience!

If I may, I think that you need to know your kids and what they like/don't like and then try to select a ship that will most meet everyone's needs.

I read all of these posts about kids going to the Fun Factory (or whatever kids clubs are called on each line) and how you had to drag them out. My kids are not like that. They went when then were younger, but now they are 14 and 9.5 and don't do the clubs. My older son is a flowrider junkie and those only appear on Royal Caribbean Freedom class and above ships. My younger son is now tall enough and loves it too, but also loves rock walls and ice skating.

So while I love Celebrity (sailed Eclipse with my sister for an adult only 3 nighter), I'm not sure any of their ships would have enough to really entice my kids and give them that "WOW" vacation they get on a large RCI ship. Again, that's just my family. Everyone needs to know their kids, what they like, what they'll do and work to find the right vacation for everyone.

"Is Celebrity kid friendly?"

In all reality you could ask this question of ANY of the mass market cruise lines and every time get a dozen affirmations of how someone else's kids had a wonderful amazing time and how great the kids programs are.

Celebrity is no different.

Some cruise lines have more bells and whistles than others, some are floating amusement parks, and some are floating resorts geared more towards adult relaxation and upscale ambiance.

Book the ship whose amenities, itinerary, price, and style fits you and your family.

Don't worry. There will be activities, programs, and other kids to keep your kids busy.

Archived