San Deigo hotels

Looking for hotel suggestions near Celebrity terminal in San Deigo

Thanks

Holiday Inn On the Bay is right across the street from the cruise terminal. Don't confuse this with Holiday Inn Bayside which is on the other side of the airport.

Downtown San Diego is extremely close to the terminal, so you really can stay anywhere downtown that you like and find a good deal. I am staying at the Westin for my upcoming cruise. Pretty much anywhere you stay in downtown will either be walkable or a very quick and cheap cab ride away from the ship.

Suggest you post the same question on the West Coast Departures forum (link below) where you will reach a larger number of readers than just those on the Celebrity board.

Agreed, San Diego is a very convenient place for pre or post-cruise hotel stays when it comes to transportation costs as the city, airport and cruise terminal are in very close proximity to one another. Sure beats flying in/out of LAX and sailing to/from the Port of San Pedro!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

Holiday Inn On The Bay is so directly across from the cruise port that if the captain doesn't slow down the ship when docking, The Sky Bar could wind up in your room.

The Best Western close by is the Best Western Bayside Inn, not to be confused with the previously mentioned Holiday Inn Bayside.

But within a mile, every major chain will have two or three or more properties. It just depends on what you want to spend and what experience you want. My parents love La Pensione in Little Italy.

We stayed a the Best Western Bayside Inn in December and were very pleased with it. Nice rooms, quiet location, great Italian restaurant across the street, about 4 blocks from the cruise terminal, free shuttle to cruise terminal.....

We've Pricelined rooms a number of times in San Diego and have also just booked hotels on our own more times than we've Pricelined.

We once got the Holiday Inn across the street from the cruise port (Priceline) and I have to say it was one of the ickiest hotels I've ever stayed in downtown. Location, great, ambience...it just reeked of cigarette smoke and dirty carpet.

I'd never recommend it to anyone as there are tons of hotels in the area far nicer than this one. Taxi fares are not much to the port, many of the nicer hotels are less than a mile away.

Suggest you post the same question on the West Coast Departures forum (link below) where you will reach a larger number of readers than just those on the Celebrity board.

Agreed, San Diego is a very convenient place for pre or post-cruise hotel stays when it comes to transportation costs as the city, airport and cruise terminal are in very close proximity to one another. Sure beats flying in/out of LAX and sailing to/from the Port of San Pedro!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

We just booked Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel --- free airport and cruise pier shuttle.

About $ 50 cheaper than Holiday Inn at the Bay.

We just booked Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel --- free airport and cruise pier shuttle.

About $ 50 cheaper than Holiday Inn at the Bay.

But no place to walk to really.... it is just not as convenient a location as other hotels, hence the lower price. If you want to go anyplace you need to cab and that eats into the savings.

We stayed at the Porto Vista

breakfast included great view of harbor

short block to Little Italy Dining

Quiet

staying to close to pier you have etrain signals and Amtrak horns

but if you do not mind rail lines near your room closer the better

But our choice Hands down

Porto Vista

Staff was for us great

IMHO, the Holiday Inn across from the terminal is a dirty, poorly maintained, overpriced dump, with a nonexistent concept of service. Stay away at all costs. Made the mistake of staying there once as it seemed convenient. Never again, not even if they paid me! Read the reviews on the various travel websites, I only wish we had.

• 4 weeks later...
We've Pricelined rooms a number of times in San Diego and have also just booked hotels on our own more times than we've Pricelined.

We once got the Holiday Inn across the street from the cruise port (Priceline) and I have to say it was one of the ickiest hotels I've ever stayed in downtown. Location, great, ambience...it just reeked of cigarette smoke and dirty carpet.

I'd never recommend it to anyone as there are tons of hotels in the area far nicer than this one. Taxi fares are not much to the port, many of the nicer hotels are less than a mile away.

Dear Happy ks,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotels are proud of their level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at HI-GuestRelations@ihg.com with details regarding your experience.

Sincerely,

Jaime W

Case Manager

IHGCare

Archived